PDA

View Full Version : A bad story with my Annual Pass

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mickey
09-16-2005, 02:14 PM
Like a 6 weeks ago I decided to upgrade my pass by mail because they had this "special offer" with an exclusive design on the card.(only by mail) (I know it takes like 2-3 weeks)

Well I ordered it and it never got in my mail but they charged my credit card.
Each time I went to the park I had to go to guest services to get a "courtesy
pass" and they were not that polite. They always said," It's the last time we
give you a courtesy pass"
I always explained the problem that like for the past 6 weeks I didin't get my annual pass by mail. The CM said that it wasen't her problem and told me to call "a hotline number" I said heeeeey WAIT A MINUTE you guys already charged me 309DLLS for the pass and I still get "a bad additude" from the CM.(I mean she could have done better)

So I had to do something , I got in the park with my "courtesy pass" and went directly to
the annual pass center (like for the 3rd time) and this time
I explained to the supervisor all that happened.
They started to check my "notes" in my files and said that my pass was reprinted 4 times!
So I said WHAT!!!! Probably you mean they gave me 4 courtesy pass but I never recieved my pass.
Well the end of the story was that they gave me the 50th exclusive pass at the park once they noticed that everything was wrong in there system.
Conclusion: It's better for me to buy the pass personally at the park. By mail to much problems.

PirateSmile
09-16-2005, 02:17 PM
Eek! Sorry that happened to you, I'm surprised that they were that rude!

DisneyBubbles
09-16-2005, 02:42 PM
You should make a complaint about the CM that was that rude to you. They have no excuse to be rude to a guest.

Gone2Disneyland
09-16-2005, 03:38 PM
You should make a complaint about the CM that was that rude to you. They have no excuse to be rude to a guest.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I agree, send a letter (which I think shows more effort than doing an email imo). And be as civil and tactful as you were in your post, so you don't come off as a complainer.

ILovePoker
09-16-2005, 03:41 PM
Why bother complaining? People need to get on with their lives. CM's may have had a bad day. Plus, we are only getting one side of the story. I don't see why people complain just so CM's can risk losing their job. :eek:

Mickey
09-16-2005, 03:45 PM
No problems, I just wanted to share the story. Hope it dosen't happen to anyone else. :rolleyes:

ILovePoker
09-16-2005, 03:47 PM
That's good. It is unfortunate that stuff like that happens. I was just advising the person above that complaining isn't always the answer, I wasn't saying it to you. :fez:

Osky
09-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Why bother complaining?

Because there is absolutely no excuse for someone in a service industry job to treat a customer rudely. I don't care how bad your day is, or if every customer before you is a jerk, it is your job to be courteous and efficient in your duties. Why complain? To fix the situation. If people complain about a rude CM, it will result in action that will either correct the problem, or have them removed from their position. In other words, it fixes the problem so that future guests will not have bad experiences. Sorry if this is so blunt, but there is absolutely no excuse for anyone working in the service industry to treat a customer rudely. If they end up being fired for it, then it has probably happened several times before, and IMHO obviously was not the job for them.

ILovePoker
09-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Because there is absolutely no excuse for someone in a service industry job to treat a customer rudely. I don't care how bad your day is, or if every customer before you is a jerk, it is your job to be courteous and efficient in your duties. Why complain? To fix the situation. If people complain about a rude CM, it will result in action that will either correct the problem, or have them removed from their position. In other words, it fixes the problem so that future guests will not have bad experiences. Sorry if this is so blunt, but there is absolutely no excuse for anyone working in the service industry to treat a customer rudely. If they end up being fired for it, then it has probably happened several times before, and IMHO obviously was not the job for them.
Sorry, just no. Chances are you won't see them again and we only heard one side of the story. I meet rude people in the service industry everyday but do I complain? Absolutely not. I get on with my life and forget about it. But somehow at Disneyland, complaints happen so often and people just need to get on with their lives without letting it ruin the rest of your day. You take time to complain at City Hall, which is a waste of your time.

If a CM starts beating you with a bat or cusses at your for no paritcular reason, then that's different. But just because someone is being rude doesn't mean that it's worthy of a complaint.

Mickey
09-16-2005, 04:02 PM
Well just adding something, one time I asked a CM at World of Disney, the reason why I wasen't getting my annual pass calendar by mail, she told be that I had to go and complain because at Disneyland , they recieve millions of guests with diferent needs daily so if I had something to say I had to be persistent with my problem.

This dosen't mean Ill complain, I mean once I got to say the whole story to a supervisor everything was ok. And I had a great day at the park. I think when someone has something to say or complain you have to explain details clearly and be polite and talk with reasonable facts. Disneyland I think is one of the best guest sevices I ever experienced, especially when I was working at the press event on May 4th and July 15 it was awesom. So everyting is cool.

Osky
09-16-2005, 04:25 PM
If a CM starts beating you with a bat or cusses at your for no paritcular reason, then that's different. But just because someone is being rude doesn't mean that it's worthy of a complaint.

ILovePoker, I respectfully disagree. There is absolutely zero tolerance for rude CMs. The guest is always right (even when they are wrong). I understand some people complain about everything. That is why one complaint is not likely to get you fired. However, a history of complaints against an individual indicates that there may be a problem. Maybe the situation would call for monitoring that employee to see how they are handling different situations. Every time a customer service rep is rude to me, I complain. On the other hand, every trip I take to Disneyland, I pick out at least two CMs that provided excellent service, and I write a letter praising them, as it is only fair. I have seem many outstanding CMs. On the other hand, I have seen a few downright nasty CMs.

blackjackdelta
09-16-2005, 05:09 PM
This is what is wrong with the world. You do not have to be nasty, agressive, abusive, etc when you complain. Most people turn the other cheek...I agree with grundler. When I receive great service then I praise the individual and write a letter to the company stating so. Doing so takes time and energy, again most folks do not think that service is a two way street.
Yes, it is only one side of the story..forget the story. People have bad days, but no matter how bad their day is going, the CM's are there to provide a service with a smile. If this can not be accomplished, then they should not come to work.
This is not meant to be insultive to anyone on the board..just look at how some of the children behave in the park..who is responsible for their actions./

Have a great day, it is 0505 and time to go to work.

DISNEYfied
09-16-2005, 05:23 PM
hmm.. I'm sorry that happened to you. I got my first Premium this year... The CMs were quite nice about it though. When I was buying they were like "Is this your first pass?" and when I said yes they replied with "Well.. are you excited?!?!" And of course I said yes... haha.. anyway I have a question of my own... I'm suppose to get Disney Magazine right? I still haven't recieved it... and I've had my pass for 2 months.

ToursbabeC3po
09-16-2005, 05:46 PM
There have been a lot of rude cast members lately :(

Osky
09-16-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm suppose to get Disney Magazine right? I still haven't recieved it... and I've had my pass for 2 months.

They discontinued Disney magazine early this year... :(

Gone2Disneyland
09-16-2005, 07:09 PM
On the other hand, every trip I take to Disneyland, I pick out at least two CMs that provided excellent service, and I write a letter praising them, as it is only fair. I have seem many outstanding CMs. On the other hand, I have seen a few downright nasty CMs.
That's a good habit to have. I've only written one letter, to praise a very patient CM dealing with a very rude guest, and mailed it off. Thanks for reminding me I ought to do more.

Gone2Disneyland
09-16-2005, 07:15 PM
There have been a lot of rude cast members lately :(
As a frequent guest to the park this summer, I've noticed some CMs having shorter fuses lately, but not rude (so far). Guess I've been lucky, or maybe I perceive rudeness differently. But I assume these CMs just have just had a long, busy summer to recover from. Over the spring and early summer months, I was amazed at the grace and professionalism I was treated to by most every CM. :)

Gone2Disneyland
09-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Sorry, just no. Chances are you won't see them again and we only heard one side of the story. I meet rude people in the service industry everyday but do I complain? Absolutely not.
And that's your choice to do so, or in this case, not do so.

I get on with my life and forget about it. But somehow at Disneyland, complaints happen so often and people just need to get on with their lives without letting it ruin the rest of your day. You take time to complain at City Hall, which is a waste of your time.
I agree there are folks who, once they're irked, can let it eat at them and put them in a bad mood. But for many people, that's just human nature, and I'm first in line admitting I have those tendencies. And yes, it can ruin your day. But, I don't believe it's an absolute that it's "a waste of your time" to file a complaint. It's a choice, an option, and in some cases, it may serve some good.

I think it's the service industry that's rude. How dare they brainwash - BRAINWASH I say - their industry into believing "the customer's always right." Who's idea was that? Sets them up for failure right from the start. I mean I know I've been wrong at least twice. :eek: :fez:

MyBeast
09-17-2005, 01:29 AM
ILovePoker, I respectfully disagree. There is absolutely zero tolerance for rude CMs. The guest is always right (even when they are wrong). I understand some people complain about everything. That is why one complaint is not likely to get you fired. However, a history of complaints against an individual indicates that there may be a problem. Maybe the situation would call for monitoring that employee to see how they are handling different situations. Every time a customer service rep is rude to me, I complain. On the other hand, every trip I take to Disneyland, I pick out at least two CMs that provided excellent service, and I write a letter praising them, as it is only fair. I have seem many outstanding CMs. On the other hand, I have seen a few downright nasty CMs.

Have you tried working at Disneyland? I can personally guarentee you how hard it is to not be rude at least once. I am one of the happiest people you'll ever meet, I take medication to be that way and there are times that a guest will push me too far. No offense to Mickey (the poster) but he could have snapped at the cm or was rude to the cm, we don't know that. When you can go work there for months on end for hours upon hours without once being rude... then please by all means repost this. But until then, don't give us the zero tolerance crap. The guest is not always right. The guest who cussed at me and yelled because we didn't have gift boxes, was not right. So before you get all high and mighty, please step into the shoes first.

Osky
09-17-2005, 07:06 AM
But until then, don't give us the zero tolerance crap. The guest is not always right. The guest who cussed at me and yelled because we didn't have gift boxes, was not right. So before you get all high and mighty, please step into the shoes first.

No, I don't work at Disneyland, and never have. However, I work with demanding clients all day long. I have seen my share of bad customers. I even get yelled at for things they did, but I always take it in stride. If you are running a business, or working in the service industry, the customer is always right, even when they are wrong. I don't care if it is hard. I don't care if it is unfair. That is the job. I'm sure Walt believed in that too. After all, if you are rude once, you will ruin someone's day at Disneyland. That person might not come back, and you have ruined their "magic" on their vacation. They are more likely to tell people about bad experiences than about good. I have never heard a good excuse why it would be ok to be rude to a customer. If you had a bad day, and you cannot do your job with a smile and without being rude, then you should not go to work. I'm not all "high and mighty". Anyone who feels that I am needs to look into the first rules of running a service business.

SarahShep
09-17-2005, 09:07 AM
No, I don't work at Disneyland, and never have. However, I work with demanding clients all day long. I have seen my share of bad customers. I even get yelled at for things they did, but I always take it in stride. If you are running a business, or working in the service industry, the customer is always right, even when they are wrong. I don't care if it is hard. I don't care if it is unfair. That is the job. I'm sure Walt believed in that too. After all, if you are rude once, you will ruin someone's day at Disneyland. That person might not come back, and you have ruined their "magic" on their vacation. They are more likely to tell people about bad experiences than about good. I have never heard a good excuse why it would be ok to be rude to a customer. If you had a bad day, and you cannot do your job with a smile and without being rude, then you should not go to work. I'm not all "high and mighty". Anyone who feels that I am needs to look into the first rules of running a service business.

Whatever happened to mutual respect? Why does one side have to be greater than the other?? We're all on the flip side at one point or another. Let's have some gosh-darn respect for one another.

Osky
09-17-2005, 09:09 AM
SarahShep, what does this have to do with respect, and who is being disrespectful?

TowerofTerror
09-17-2005, 09:14 AM
Well sorry bad that sound to me you had a bad experience with your annual pass. My thing is go to someone that actually issues the passes. Ive had problem too but with security at the park

SarahShep
09-17-2005, 10:15 AM
SarahShep, what does this have to do with respect, and who is being disrespectful?

Customers to employees and employees to customers...

So many of the problems w/ "rude" people would be eliminated if we all just respected one another. No more of "this person is always right." No one is always right...period. Customer or otherwise.

Why can't we all just get along?

Osky
09-17-2005, 10:22 AM
I agree that customers can be downright nasty. However, if you are working as a Cast Member, it doesn't matter how nasty they get or how bad they disrespect you, you must never be rude to a guest.