PDA

View Full Version : WDTC - phone strategy advice needed

emmah
09-16-2005, 12:45 PM
hi, i was hoping for some advice on calling WDTC; I'm in Australia and need to call to buy a passport plus package, but am just wondering if i am going to get stuck on hold for an eternity. Is this likely? If so, are there better times to call than others? Is there a number to call that is less likely to involve hassle? any advice greatly appreciated. thanks, emma :D

blackjackdelta
09-16-2005, 01:34 PM
All of what you are asking to do can be done on line with no wait. I would not call from OZ unless I really had to.

emmah
09-16-2005, 02:41 PM
All of what you are asking to do can be done on line with no wait. I would not call from OZ unless I really had to.

How? the disney.com website only sells 5 day annual passes, and vacation planning said that they can only help if i am staying at a DLR hotel. The online websites I have seen here that sell passes all charge high postage and handling which takes the price up to about gate prices. I had heard that WDTC can sell the pass and leave it at "will call" which eliminates postage prices.... If there is a way I have not heard about, I'd be thrilled to hear it....

disneyhound
09-16-2005, 02:49 PM
...I had heard that WDTC can sell the pass and leave it at "will call" which eliminates postage prices.... If there is a way I have not heard about, I'd be thrilled to hear it....
I know there is a time requirement when you purchase tickets from the disneyland website. Here in the U.S., if they cannot get the tickets to you via first class mail in time for your departure, then they will hold them for you at "Guest Relations". You could always wait and order your tickets when you know they can't reach you by mail... Is there a way to e-mail disney travel?

Malcon10t
09-16-2005, 04:09 PM
All of what you are asking to do can be done on line with no wait. I would not call from OZ unless I really had to.Emmah wants to order 6 day passes, only available from WDTC.

To emmah, I have never been on hold for more than a minute or so. I think I have usually gotten someone right away. I usually call about 9 or 10am California time. I will see if I can find you an email addy to talk to someone.

Rteneyck
09-17-2005, 12:28 PM
Have you tried a local travel agent? They may be able to book exactly what you want and all you will have to do is pay them and then pick up their docs when the are ready. A lot of WDTC have toll free numbers for travel agents only. I would maybe try that.

emmah
09-17-2005, 12:49 PM
Have you tried a local travel agent? They may be able to book exactly what you want and all you will have to do is pay them and then pick up their docs when the are ready. A lot of WDTC have toll free numbers for travel agents only. I would maybe try that.

yeah, that was what i tried first, but WDTC only sells local travel agents packages, so you have to book accommodation etc with them as well; given the off-season, I have a great deal with hojos and it seems pointless to buy a package to get cheaper entrance media and then pay more for the hotel...
thanks for the thought though. :)

pisces
09-17-2005, 12:51 PM
yeah, that was what i tried first, but WDTC only sells local travel agents packages, so you have to book accommodation etc with them as well; given the off-season, I have a great deal with hojos and it seems pointless to buy a package to get cheaper entrance media and then pay more for the hotel...
thanks for the thought though. :)

Yes, absolutely, and given that the Hotel tax is 15%.......my feeling is to try to knock down the Hotel price as much as possible first. Whatever gets you the biggest Hotel Discount, will reduce the exhorbitant tax as well.

There's not tax on park tickets, so I don't get as concerned about getting discounted Park Hoppers, although I try to avoid buying them at the Main Gate, at the very least, although even that wouldn't be a tragedy.

My main thing is getting the biggest discount on Hotel rates. And that comes from doing the Hotel separate.

emmah
09-19-2005, 02:32 PM
hi, i was hoping for some advice on calling WDTC; I'm in Australia and need to call to buy a passport plus package, but am just wondering if i am going to get stuck on hold for an eternity. Is this likely? If so, are there better times to call than others? Is there a number to call that is less likely to involve hassle? any advice greatly appreciated. thanks, emma :D

Hi, just reporting back; i called WDTC and spoke to a very lovely man after less than a minute's wait; turns out a 6 day parkhopper plus package costs $193, and because I am international, it is kept at the DTD WDTC office where I can pick it up from 8.30am the day I arrive. It can be booked anytime up to the day before arrival. Such an easy way to save $26, you wonder why anyone would buy one at the gate! so thanks to those who passed along advice! yeah, I'm going to dl in ten weeks!! hurruh :)