PDA

View Full Version : Face Characters

The Fairest Beauty
09-16-2005, 08:29 AM
Ok, I'm sure this type of thread had been posted many times but here I go. I'm interested in being a face character at Disneyland or DCA, but I don't know if I even have a shot at being one. I think I'm about 5'3", 110 pounds, and my measurments are 34-25-34. Can someone please give me their honest opinion? I want to know if I look like any of the characters and if it would be worth me going all the way down there too audtion. (Well, I guess I could go to DL the rest of the day lol). Also does anyone have any tips? Thankyou so much for your help!

Also, here's a pic of me:
ME! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Fairyfly2005/MySeniorPic2.jpg)

yellowrosedtxn
09-16-2005, 08:37 AM
I could see you as Snow White. You are pretty. have the dark hair and fair skin. It is worth a shot. I would say go for it!

The Fairest Beauty
09-16-2005, 08:39 AM
Thanks for your comment. Although, I don't need to worry about my hair color too much because they all wear wigs lol. :D

yellowrosedtxn
09-16-2005, 08:40 AM
You wouldn't have to wear a wig. You have really pretty hair, it would just be too long for that character.

The Fairest Beauty
09-16-2005, 09:22 AM
Lol, thanks. I heard that Pocahantas got to wear her real hair one year. But most of the characters do wear wigs. :(

amarvel
09-16-2005, 10:28 AM
I was also thinking snow white. I would totally try for it!

SDiamond
01-18-2006, 08:15 PM
I see snow as well. Search on yahoo images for Snow White. Images of perexisting face characters will pop up. Look at how they do there makeup and copy it. If you don't want Snow White and you want another Disney character, look them up and do there makeup. Try to look like them as much as possible with out it being obvious. No ribbons in the hair, it looks too much like you are trying. Happy hunting

mi_mous
01-18-2006, 08:49 PM
I could see you as Snow White as well. Our friends know someone who just got hired to do Cinderella. They said that she looks nothing like Cinderella, but when you put makeup and an outfit on her, she totally fits the part.
She said that they basically go to a casting call for EVERYTHING all at once, and a lot of people are rejected, but she got a call back.
I still think you have a pretty good shot at being a face character! I say go for it!
I can also see you as Pocohantas, but she is rarely out anymore, except I saw her in Fantasmic. Perhaps Belle even! Jasmine may be a fit for you as well. (It would require some more makeup, but you could do it!) Mary Poppins even!

sixwoofys
01-19-2006, 12:30 AM
The first thought I had was Pocahontus, (one of my favorites). Also Jasmine. Why not try. You may be surprised at what you may learn at the audition also.
I thought for a minute you had a tatoo on your elbow. How odd I thought until I realized that was the studio signature!

Break a leg! (I see Pocahontus out all the time in Frontierland)

mi_mous
01-20-2006, 08:19 PM
The first thought I had was Pocahontus, (one of my favorites). Also Jasmine. Why not try. You may be surprised at what you may learn at the audition also.
I thought for a minute you had a tatoo on your elbow. How odd I thought until I realized that was the studio signature!

Break a leg! (I see Pocahontus out all the time in Frontierland)

I have never seen her, I will have to hang out there more often so we can catch her! Thanks for the tip!:)

Micki0624
01-21-2006, 06:39 AM
I think any dark haired princess can be envisioned because you have dard hair. But you are definately pretty enough and if you never try you may regret it! Good Luck on the job, let us know if you get it!

jazzysmom
01-21-2006, 09:37 AM
How fun, you are so pretty, I hope you get it. Wouldn't that be fun. Be sure to let us know how it goes.

stitchlvr
01-21-2006, 02:54 PM
I think you should go for it as well. I can see you as pretty much any of the princesses with the right outfit and wig. I think the experience of trying for it would be interesting even if you don't get it. Good luck if you do decide to go for it!

pretty Omi
01-21-2006, 02:57 PM
i think your face is too mature for snow white (and i mean that in a good way!) it's just that Snow White always has a very baby face in my opionion, but i could definately see you as pocahontas (if they still do her?) or maybe Belle or definately something! go for it! and good luck!

DianeM
01-21-2006, 07:20 PM
You certainly have the pretty, clean look of a Disney "face", but remember that they don't just buy looks. They want someone who is going to be able to get into character and stay that way with several dozen screaming children in their face. Do you like children? Do you REALLY like children, even when they are being difficult? Can you smile for hours at a time, even when you don't feel like smiling? Can you dance? Are you willing to start out as a non-face character? If you think you are that kind of person, then by all means go for it. Here is a link to a Mouseplanet site discussing one person's audition. Good luck.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/kevin/st041001.htm

Also does anyone have any tips? Thankyou so much for your help!

Also, here's a pic of me:
ME! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Fairyfly2005/MySeniorPic2.jpg)

mi_mous
01-21-2006, 08:37 PM
You certainly have the pretty, clean look of a Disney "face", but remember that they don't just buy looks. They want someone who is going to be able to get into character and stay that way with several dozen screaming children in their face. Do you like children? Do you REALLY like children, even when they are being difficult? Can you smile for hours at a time, even when you don't feel like smiling? Can you dance? Are you willing to start out as a non-face character? If you think you are that kind of person, then by all means go for it. Here is a link to a Mouseplanet site discussing one person's audition. Good luck.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/kevin/st041001.htm

Wow! What a great article! I was interested in what happened, and just found out. That's a lot to have to deal with, but if it is a dream, go for it!

bobster
01-21-2006, 08:55 PM
Snow white I have always thought of with just a little rounder face. I think with red hair you would make a perfect Aerial (Little Mermaid). Good luck, hopfully one day my daughter and I will get your autograph.