PDA

View Full Version : Parking at DTD Including Validation

fluffatu
09-16-2005, 07:56 AM
How long do you get free parking at DTD? Three hours?

And If we just get drinks somewhere (i.e. Uva Bar, ESPN Zone) would they validate? And if so, for how long?

Last question- Does Storytellers Cafe validate?

Stupid_American
09-16-2005, 09:11 AM
3 hours free; additional 2 hours validation from the cinema and sit down restaurants.

fluffatu
09-16-2005, 09:15 AM
Thanks =)

I know Storytellers is a sit down restaurant, but would they validate for DTD parking?

Darkbeer
09-16-2005, 09:19 AM
I know that the Lost Bar, Top Brass and Goofy's Kitchen all validate, so I presume that Storyteller's also does.

At the ESPN Zone, I have gotten my ticket validated with just buying a beer, just take your ticket to the main podium where they take reservations for meals, and ask for a validation.

Whittibo
10-02-2005, 06:32 AM
Today is our "day of rest", I don't want to do much so we can rest up for Mon-Fri at DL again. But I think I'll take my girls to BuildABear, we may as well do that today instead of having to do it on a DL day. (we go every year)

My question is.. where do I park, and how do I get there? Do I take my ticket with me for validation (assuming of course we decide to eat in DtD) I am a country girl, we don't have big parking structures that validate so I don't really know what I am doing.

Darkbeer
10-02-2005, 07:40 AM
You will go to Disneyland Drive (south of Katella, it is West St.) and go towards the parking structure, coming from Katella, you go up the street, and underneath a bridge (which is Downtown Disney), at the next Light, make a left on Magic Way (but stay in the far left lane), one short block later, make another left to the parking booths.

Once you park your car, you will head over to ESPN Zone/Rainforest Cafe. Once you get past the Rainforest cafe, make a left and keeping walking towards the park, you will see Build-a-Bear on the left.

Whittibo
10-02-2005, 07:52 AM
Thanks Darkbeer!

Whittibo
10-02-2005, 12:42 PM
OK, back from DtD!
It was easy to find, great location, not a long walk at all. Loved it. The only thing bad was exiting. These maniac drivers down here pushing and shoving and doing what ever pleases them. I was about to rip this one ladies head off. We're all waiting in line to exit, and she drives up the OTHER lane and passes us all! Then I had two people (one on the right and one on the left) trying to get in my lane, both fighting over who was going to get infront of me! GRRRRR..

ANYWAY.. new question about parking for DL. I know I will use the other parking lot, which has the shuttle to DtD and it's $10 a day.. but how hard is it to exit that parking lot? I think having the flexability of our own car will be better then the shuttle, and faster, but not if I have to fight to exit every day? I assume since you're paying a daily rate, you wont' have to wait to get out (check how long you've been there and pay etc).. can someone please confirm that for me before we start out tomorrow morning. THANKS!!

adriennek
10-02-2005, 01:08 PM
ANYWAY.. new question about parking for DL. I know I will use the other parking lot, which has the shuttle to DtD and it's $10 a day.. but how hard is it to exit that parking lot? I think having the flexability of our own car will be better then the shuttle, and faster, but not if I have to fight to exit every day?

Part of the problem with exiting the DTD lot is that you have to go through the booths and pay your fees. That slows down the process considerably. This isn't an issue at the Parking Structure.

If you leave at a busy time, it might be 'busier' but you won't have the same crowdedness in the structure that you do at DTD. I haven't had any real issues leaving the parking structure that I can remember.

Adrienne

Whittibo
10-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Thanks Adreiene.. that's exactly what I thought/and hoped! Because you pay a daily charge for parking, they don't have to do anything to let you out! That's GREAT.. I think we're going to drive instead of taking ART then.. I haven't been very thrilled with ART :s