PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know? [New Orleans Square audio]

sandrajamrock
09-16-2005, 06:24 AM
Last week while we were boarding the railroad train in New Orleans Square , we had heard a "voice track" that we hadnt remembered hearing before. It pretty much had a couple of people having a converstion in the back ground but we couldnt really get what they were saying. It probably we be more audible near the bathrooms but didnt get the chance to check it out...has anyone heard this before and do you know what is being said ? Dying to know!!!!!

stan4d_steph
09-16-2005, 06:28 AM
Yes, there are voices that come from the upstairs in NOS. Don't ever try to use the payphone in NOS near the restrooms. Between the voodoo priestess chanting above your head and the train in the station, it's impossible to hear! :p

Andrew
09-16-2005, 09:25 AM
Last week while we were boarding the railroad train in New Orleans Square , we had heard a "voice track" that we hadnt remembered hearing before. It pretty much had a couple of people having a converstion in the back ground but we couldnt really get what they were saying. It probably we be more audible near the bathrooms but didnt get the chance to check it out...has anyone heard this before and do you know what is being said ? Dying to know!!!!!
Jason Schultz wrote about the New Orleans Square background audio in MousePlanet's All About Merchandise (http://www.mouseplanet.com/merchandise/list.htm#New) column back in 2001:

New Orleans Square Windows, Old Lady and Tootie [1:00] Mono: In 1997, an effort was made to revitalize the New Orleans Square area. One of the results of this was 4 hour- long loops of audio that play from second- story balconies. Those balconies are: Voodoo Balcony, Party Balcony, Bird Lady Balcony and Musicians Balcony. This is a very short snippet from the Bird Lady Balcony.
I can't recall where I heard this, but my understanding is that the audio clips were installed at Disneyland Paris and then brought back to Disneyland later.