PDA

View Full Version : Buying CM nametags on ebay?

Sosai X
09-15-2005, 09:11 PM
What is the Disney policy about the CM nametags being sold on eBay? For example, I saw this listed:

http://www.ninjabynight.com/mickey50.jpg

Can these be traced back to the CM? I wouldn't want them to get in trouble. I'm just interested in collecting them as a historical part of the park.

leotatoombs
09-15-2005, 09:20 PM
What is the Disney policy about the CM nametags being sold on eBay? For example, I saw this listed:

http://www.ninjabynight.com/mickey50.jpg

Can these be traced back to the CM? I wouldn't want them to get in trouble. I'm just interested in collecting them as a historical part of the park.There is nothing disney could do about it I would think! I have my own and others friends have given me. they are like a trophy especially if you get a spirit badge for it or something, or your years of service pin. I would buy it up especially knowing how hard it used to be to get a MICKEY name tag!!! even if your legal name is mickey they would give you a hard time about it & ask if alt. or nickname is available etc. it definitely cannot be traced back to a individual CM

Tinker Bell
09-15-2005, 09:21 PM
I have a TinkerBell one in the old style and love it.I feel If they sell it then I can buy it.They know the rules and I am not at risk.

stan4d_steph
09-16-2005, 06:24 AM
Unless it's an unusual name, it's not likely to be traced back to a CM. However, Disney does not approve of the selling of nametags, which are technically the property of Disney.

TrixieMaguee
09-16-2005, 06:29 AM
They are selling those name tags at the park... and you can have the espically engraved.

Wendi
09-16-2005, 09:58 AM
They are selling those name tags at the park... and you can have the espically engraved.

You are thinking of the "Guest of Honor" Badges... this is an actual Cast Member badge.

MyBeast
09-16-2005, 10:06 AM
However, Disney does not approve of the selling of nametags, which are technically the property of Disney.

The first one they give you is their property but all the other ones you buy are yours. When I left the company, I got to keep all of mine.

I would however be wary of a Mickey castmember name tag... those could be easily photoshopped. It could be an entirely different name all together on the real nametag.

leotatoombs
09-16-2005, 10:23 AM
The first one they give you is their property but all the other ones you buy are yours. When I left the company, I got to keep all of mine.

I would however be wary of a Mickey castmember name tag... those could be easily photoshopped. It could be an entirely different name all together on the real nametag.What about name tags that are given to CM's as an spirit award or made special for a pin to go in? like 1 or 5 year service awards. usually you also get a free name tag when they change such as the fiftieth tag!