PDA

View Full Version : Four Questions

IcDkRy16
09-15-2005, 07:51 PM
We leave in a little less than three weeks for DL and I have four, hopefully simple questions.

1) When we booked our trip in August all three Disney hotels were booked, so we decided to stay at the Anaheim Marriott. Looking at the map, it looks pretty far and might not be fun to walk at the end of a busy day. I know their is a shuttle service available which would work in the morning, but I've heard they stop running a half hour after closing. Considering DL closes at 8, we'd probably want to hang out in DTD for an hour or two. We do have free DL parking so we were thinking we could park and then just walk back to our car at night and drive to the hotel. So my questions are, about how far is the Mickey and Friends parking garage? And, has anyone ever stayed at the Marriott? Is the walk really that far? I'm thinking it might be a pain in the butt to have to find hotel parking every night and might just be easier to walk back.

2) Last time we were at DL (July 2004) when I went on the Matterhorn with my dad we said "2" when they asked how many people and I ended up having to sit in the same seat with him. Next time we went on, we said "1" and ended up in different cars. So is their a way to say "2" without them putting us in the same seat?

3) I know Disneyland closes at 8, but is their any chance of them keeping any of the lands or rides open past then? We are going the week of the Haunted Mansion re-opening so I thought maybe they'd keep DL open an extra hour or two, but when I looked at the calendar is said 8.

4) Will the re-opening of the HM bring in more crowds than usual? I'm hoping it will be pretty mellow considering we are going the week of Oct. 3rd but you never know.

I hope I didn't ask too many questions lol. Any tips/help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jrsharp21
09-15-2005, 08:15 PM
To answer two of your questions:

2) For the matterhorn, just tell them you are a party of 2 and would like to ride 1 and 1. They are usually good at accomodating this request.

4) for HMH, I would expect slightly larger crowds that weekend. It is the opening weekend for HMH plus it is also Gay Day weekend (Oct 1 & 2). Gay Day usually brings in a good crowd. They have several events scheduled in the evenings so I would say the park will be more crowded during the day than the evening.

LoveDL
09-15-2005, 09:28 PM
We stayed at the Anaheim Marriot Suites last year, the hotel was nice, but is too far to walk. Prior to this we had always stayed at DLH where we could take our time after the park closes. The ART was on time and comfortable but we REALLY did not like having to leave DL that early, we like to stay on Main street after the park closes for the hour and shop. Therefore, this year we are staying across the street at the Del Sol Inn in about 3 weeks, for it's closeness to the park and couldn't see spending all that money at DLH when we are only there for sleeping. It should be intersting to see how the Del Sol Inn is, it's reviews are wide ranging, from "best place" to "worst place". I am keeping an open mind, and only expecting motel quality.

Next trip Oct. 8th-14th :D

Malcon10t
09-15-2005, 09:34 PM
We leave in a little less than three weeks for DL and I have four, hopefully simple questions.

1) When we booked our trip in August all three Disney hotels were booked, so we decided to stay at the Anaheim Marriott. Looking at the map, it looks pretty far and might not be fun to walk at the end of a busy day. I know their is a shuttle service available which would work in the morning, but I've heard they stop running a half hour after closing. Considering DL closes at 8, we'd probably want to hang out in DTD for an hour or two. We do have free DL parking so we were thinking we could park and then just walk back to our car at night and drive to the hotel. So my questions are, about how far is the Mickey and Friends parking garage? And, has anyone ever stayed at the Marriott? Is the walk really that far? I'm thinking it might be a pain in the butt to have to find hotel parking every night and might just be easier to walk back.

2) Last time we were at DL (July 2004) when I went on the Matterhorn with my dad we said "2" when they asked how many people and I ended up having to sit in the same seat with him. Next time we went on, we said "1" and ended up in different cars. So is their a way to say "2" without them putting us in the same seat?

3) I know Disneyland closes at 8, but is their any chance of them keeping any of the lands or rides open past then? We are going the week of the Haunted Mansion re-opening so I thought maybe they'd keep DL open an extra hour or two, but when I looked at the calendar is said 8.

4) Will the re-opening of the HM bring in more crowds than usual? I'm hoping it will be pretty mellow considering we are going the week of Oct. 3rd but you never know.

I hope I didn't ask too many questions lol. Any tips/help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.1.) It is far. BUT! If the Timon tram is running, it isn't bad. Ride the Timon tram out to the edge of the parking lot, cross Katella and go thru the Hilton parking area out to Convention Way, and the Marriot is right there. My kids do this instead of waiting on the shuttle and beat me 90% of the time. If you go down Harbor to Convention way, this is the long way. Also, if there are a lot of people waiting for the shuttle in the AMs, skip the E shuttle, and walk down towards the Convention Center and catch the C shuttle. There are always a lot fewer people there.

2.) Just tell there "2, but seperate bobsleds".

3.)Very rarely do they do this, and generally, it is only close to Christmas. And that week, they may have private events after the park closes, so you may not even get the hour after the park closes to shop.

4.) Oct 3rd will be busy. The rest of the week may slow down. Oct. 3 is both Gay Days at DL and will be the Mouseketeers 50th anniversary. They will have quite a few MMC folks there.

coronado_g
09-15-2005, 11:59 PM
Malcon said it all, said it well, and so...ditto.

tom522
09-16-2005, 12:05 AM
Anytime you want to ride an attraction a certain way with the rest of your party just tell the cast member doing the loading exactly how you would like to ride and they will accommodate you.

evrythngwmn
09-16-2005, 01:16 AM

Mickey and Friends tram generally operates until DTD closes.

FatAl
09-16-2005, 07:17 AM
Question #1: You can take the tram to pick up your car at 8 pm, then drive your car to the three hours free parking lot. From what I read at Mouseplanet, you can get additional two hours if spend money at the restaurants or theatres.

Question #3: The main street shops normally close one hour after the Disneyland closing time. I went to Disneyland two weeks ago. To my suprised, most of the rides closed around 12 p.m.. Pirates of Caribbeans closed at 11:52p.m. Rats!

Question #4: The crowds is what make Disneyland such an enjoyable place to visit. Don't worry too much about the crowds because it generally makes up of you and them. Do all your favorite rides early in the day or around closing time. Get the fastpasses and don't hang around the gate until your time.

IcDkRy16
09-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Thanks to everyone who answered! I really appreciate it. One more thing, does anyone know what time DTD usually closes? Thanks again.

Malcon10t
09-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Thanks to everyone who answered! I really appreciate it. One more thing, does anyone know what time DTD usually closes? Thanks again.Depends on the shop. Lego Land, Build A Bear, Libby Lu, a few other shops close at 11 or so. Restaurants are usually open later.

IcDkRy16
09-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Depends on the shop. Lego Land, Build A Bear, Libby Lu, a few other shops close at 11 or so. Restaurants are usually open later.

cpeak
09-17-2005, 07:49 AM
We stayed at the Anaheim Marriot Suites last year, the hotel was nice, but is too far to walk. Prior to this we had always stayed at DLH where we could take our time after the park closes. The ART was on time and comfortable but we REALLY did not like having to leave DL that early, we like to stay on Main street after the park closes for the hour and shop. Therefore, this year we are staying across the street at the Del Sol Inn in about 3 weeks, for it's closeness to the park and couldn't see spending all that money at DLH when we are only there for sleeping. It should be intersting to see how the Del Sol Inn is, it's reviews are wide ranging, from "best place" to "worst place". I am keeping an open mind, and only expecting motel quality.

Next trip Oct. 8th-14th :D

I have stayed in the Del Sol Inn before. It obviously is not a five star hotel. But we loved how close it was to walk to the park. This is why we are staying there again in Nov. The rooms are very clean. People probably have a problem with the hotel because it is not updated and pretty inside. But who cares you just sleep there.

Malcon10t
09-17-2005, 04:09 PM
I have stayed in the Del Sol Inn before. It obviously is not a five star hotel. But we loved how close it was to walk to the park. This is why we are staying there again in Nov. The rooms are very clean. People probably have a problem with the hotel because it is not updated and pretty inside. But who cares you just sleep there.My only complaint there was the walls are so thin, you can hear conversations held at low tones. It was a nice cheap motel, great for sleeping and showering. The room we had was very good sized. BUT, noise levels were ridiculous.

FatAl
09-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Normally, I am able to block the low level conversation through the wall. If not, I simply tune the radio to my favorite radio station and fall to sleep with it.

If nothing works, take a good long shower and bath. The noise that your neighbors hear and feel will ... Ha, ha, ha.

stitchlvr
09-17-2005, 07:06 PM
Del Sol (actually previously Anaheim Best & Days Inn) used to be my favorite place to stay. After our last stay, about 2 years ago, I will never stay there again. We had a terrible experience with a nest of yellow jackets in our room. I realize that this can happen anywhere, but it was the attitude of the staff and their lack of help that really upset me. They even insinuated that we brought the bees in with us. Hopefully, just a freak occurance, but I will stay at neighboring hotels on Harbor, but never there again.

LoveDL
09-18-2005, 02:25 PM
My only complaint there was the walls are so thin, you can hear conversations held at low tones. It was a nice cheap motel, great for sleeping and showering. The room we had was very good sized. BUT, noise levels were ridiculous.

Well then I guess we might be the ones irritating others, we'll have 4 twelve year olds, me and dh in a family suite, should be fun! I am only expecting motel 6 quality so hopefully we won't be disappointed :) . Thanks everyone for your input.

We usually leave VERY early on a Sunday morning, like 330am and arrive in DL at about 930am, it makes for a long day, but dh and the kids love this ritual. This year, because we are staying at a cheaper place, we are leaving the Saturday before around noon, we aren't telling the kids we'll just say, ok let's go, then we can have a full nights sleep and arrive bright-eyed and bushy tailed at DL on Sunday morning. Being Columbus day weekend DL is opened until midnight, this is also a nice treat because we always go off season, Sunday through the week so DL doesn't stay opened until midnight, and we get fireworks because of the holiday! :D

Trip coming up Oct. 8th-14th