PDA

View Full Version : How long do you talk with Crush?

kinglouie1967
09-15-2005, 03:09 PM
I'm considering taking in "Turtle Talk with Crush," but don't know how much time I should set aside in my 1/2 day touring plan of DCA to do so. How much could we possibly say to each other?

My 6-year-old son might be more inclined to engage the old surfer dude in a long-winded conversation. On the other hand, my 11-year-old is more like a Japanese tourist: take a picture and move on. So we may need to compromise.

How much Turtle Talk do you do?

SilverStyle
09-15-2005, 03:26 PM
Its a show that last 10mins. I think you kids would love it.

Mark Mywords
09-15-2005, 03:29 PM
Also, be aware that when the call for questions for Crush goes out, kids raise their hands and are picked to ask a question. In other words, there's no guarantee your child will be called on.

We just saw the show last week for the first time. It's really neat. I was pretty impressed!

SanDiegoDayTripper
09-15-2005, 03:37 PM
We were there a few weeks ago, and loved the show. It is only about 10 minutes long, and the way to have a better chance of your child being picked is have them sit on the floor in front of the "tank" on the left side. The show we were at had two kids picked. But there's lots of other crowd participation, and Crush is really funny, just like the movie.

potzbie
09-15-2005, 03:45 PM
In other words, there's no guarantee your child will be called on.

Remember, it is the TURTLE who does the "picking."

Crush tells the moderator, "Over here on the lilly pad, there's a dudette in a red shell!" and the moderator will walk where Crush is looking down, stage left or stage right (aquarium left or aquariaum right?), and Crush will direct the moderator to the right child.

Or the right adult! Crush will pick out an adult to ask questions of.

I'll never forget the soft-opening week . . .

Crush picked on an adult to ask questions of.
Crush went out of the scene behind some rocks and brought back a bikini top around his neck.
[Laughter from audience, at seeing the red polka-dotted bikini top.]
Crush asked the adult, "Say, do you what this thing is? I found it near the shore."
The adult answerd, "It's -- uh -- a biniki top."
Crush repeated the phrase like it was a foreign word, "Bee-kee-nee-top ... Cool! What's it used for?"
[Laughter from audience]
The adult answers, "Uh ... it is used for ... decoration."
Crush's eyes widen and his jaw drops.
"Ooooh ... Duuuude! Let's pretend this never happened. -- Let's just pull a Dory on this whole scene ..." (as Crush goes around the rocks again to drop off the item.
[Laughter again]

I say! The Crushman is the cat's pajamas and the bee's knees.
:)

lauramaynot
09-15-2005, 04:01 PM
I think the show length depends upon the crowds. We saw the show twice once in late August and once last week. The first show was about 10 minutes but last week it went almost twenty - so I am not sure if it is a set time or depends upon how quickly the que fills up between shows. I also agree that the show is really good and since it is interactive it is totally different every time which is nice (there were a few of the same jokes told by crush but of course the questions from the audience were different)
My son who is five really really really wanted to be picked and was disapointed on our first show but on the second he was picked and so cute. When crush asked which beach he was hatched on he said "I didn't hatch, I came out of my mom's stomach." to which crush replied "Woa! I learn new things about people all the time..." It was funny but embarrasing so if you have a kid like mine and you never know what they are going to say sit on a chair with the adults so nobody knows that's you kid :D

HydroGuy
09-15-2005, 05:10 PM
When we were there in August, TTWC was 20 minutes long and they were doing three shows an hour mid-day. TTWC is part of the Animation Studio, in which there are many other things to do than TTWC. After 90 minutes at the Animation Studio, I had to drag my kids out (ages 9-13) last month, and my DW as well. If you have time, you can easily spend the same 90 minutes there with your six-your old. If you only want to do TTWC, there may be a line and you may need to spend 30 minutes total. Just don't let your six-year old look in any of the other rooms or you may not be able to get him out.

CrazyMouse
09-15-2005, 08:50 PM
I watched a preview from Mouseinfo.com before Turtle Talk opened. I was kinda disappointed, I think this show is good for first timers and not really good for repeats. He said the same stuff, he only has differents topics when he picks children or someone asks him a question. It was great the first time. :rolleyes:

TowerofTerror
09-15-2005, 11:13 PM
I liked to know that I think the show was good I enjoyed it when I saw it

kinglouie1967
09-16-2005, 08:11 PM
Thanks everybody. We'll be sure to check in with Crush for at least one show.