PDA

View Full Version : Help! I need advice [Van service]

mollie1
07-19-2005, 05:31 AM
We are going in Oct , there is 9 of us and wondering what is the best way to get from the airport to hotel ? I was looking at getting a limo for all of us, has anyone any better ideas. thanks

MatterhornMom
07-19-2005, 06:55 AM
We are going in Oct , there is 9 of us and wondering what is the best way to get from the airport to hotel ? I was looking at getting a limo for all of us, has anyone any better ideas. thanks

Mollie1, limo prices, while steep, are worth the cost in my opinion. There are only four of us in our typical group, but my husband is a fairly large guy, and we don't like being crammed in a shuttle van with large groups. We had personal attention, the driver met us at baggage, carried our bags into the hotel for us, and had a lot of experience driving families with small children. We paid $130 each way for a six passenger limo from John Wayne Airport. We probably won't do the limo thing the next trip out next summer as we're traveling with two sets of grandparents and will most likely rent a minivan so we can sightsee around Anaheim.

I'll see if I can track down the name of the company we hired - they were absolutely wonderful, and you couldn't have asked for a better driver!

minniemom
07-19-2005, 07:04 AM

Last year we also went with 9 and we just did a private super shuttle. We went from ONT and it was very reasonable (sorry don't remember the exact). You can get quotes at thier website. supershuttle.com Good Luck!

Stupid_American
07-19-2005, 07:24 AM
At face value, one of the shared vans would run $135, or 9 x $15.

EvanRude
07-19-2005, 08:56 AM
I'm tring to choose between arriving at John Wayne or LAX.
Shuttle bus Drive time from JW ( SNA ) is 13 minutes and 38 minutes from LAX. The only reason I'm thinking LAX is the air is much cheeper.
LAX has a bus ( airportbus ) every 30 minutes.
SNA has motorcoach ( don't have the name ).

If you'd tried these whats your opinion?

ACDSNY
07-19-2005, 11:44 AM
Shuttle bus Drive time from JW ( SNA ) is 13 minutes and 38 minutes from LAX. The only reason I'm thinking LAX is the air is much cheeper.

I normally fly into LAX due to the cheaper price and better flight times. The savings usually covers car rental. I usually have 4 - 8 people in our group. This year I've noticed the rental prices are double what I normally pay so I'm still flying into LAX, but I haven't decided between the shuttle or renting a car. I'm watching the rental car prices for a while before I decide.

SeansMom
07-19-2005, 11:50 AM

We've done both. Personally, I did NOT like LAX. We did a rental car once, and you have to take a bus to get to the rental car, then the traffic (which would also affect shuttles) was horrid. Two HOURS to get to DL.

I'm very partial to John Wayne...we've rented cars there, and it's a snap, and the drive is very short, like maybe 20 minutes?

I guess it would depend a lot on how much you'll save. If it's just $50 or $75, it might be worth it in time to fly into John Wayne.

Either way, lots of people like the option of either the shuttle or for larger parties a limo. Next time, we'll fly into SNA and do the limo. Nice splurge for a fun trip!

shawnarae
07-27-2005, 03:02 PM
So, does Disneyland Hotel have a shuttle service? From any of the airports? Or a preferred shuttle comany?

I am asking because I am meeting up with some family at DL Hotel in Oct and we assumed there was some kind of shuttle to take them to the DL Hotel.

MissKim
07-27-2005, 04:13 PM
Through SuperShuttle, you can rent a dedicated van for $92. I'm considering this because we're a family of 5 anyway. This is from LAX.

There is no shuttle service from DL Hotel and the airports. SuperShuttle and AirportBus seem to be the 2 most popular.

OregonGary
07-27-2005, 08:58 PM
A 7 passenger van from LAX is $92, a 9 passenger van is $112. You should contact some of the limo services and get a quote for a 10 passenger limo from then. I just came back from DL, out of John Wayne airport, and the 4 of us went both ways in a town car from Xpress shuttle because it wasn't that much more than basic shuttle service and a whole lot nicer ride.

stinkerbell
07-27-2005, 09:43 PM
From SNA, I'd just get two cabs (call ahead and get mini-vans at no extra charge) for a party of 9. $60-some dollars and a 15 minute ride, depending on the time of day.

From LAX, I'd do a super shuttle van for your entire party....but it can take an hour or more during heavy traffic. www.supershuttle.com (http://www.supershuttle.com)

Crazy4Mickey
07-28-2005, 08:20 AM
We are also going in October. Typically we take a shuttle, as it is usually just a few of us. But this time there will be five in our party so we decided to do something a little more fun. We went with the limo option. It came out to $136 round trip from John Wayne to Disneyland through limozip.com. This is a little more than it would be for all of us to take super shuttle but will be nice not to have to stop by other hotels.

Ragrobyn
07-28-2005, 09:56 AM
We took the airport bus from LAX over spring break. I would never recomend that to anyone! By the time we stopped at every hotel on our way to ours, the trip took longer than our flight from Canada :crying: Although it only cost our family of 4 $30 ( I think??) each way. Next time we go we will pay for either the privae supershuttle or even look at a one way rental car. Hey maybe even the hollywood way and get the limo! :D

OregonGary
07-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Molli1, you mentioned there being 9 people. That could mount up to a lot of luggage. I would question if 1 limo could handle all of it unless the limo company uses a seperate luggage vehicle which I'm sure they would charge for. A 9 passenger van is designed to handle it. Two taxi's should be able to handle it. Just something to consider.

Malcon10t
07-28-2005, 01:01 PM
Try www.limozip.com They gave us VERY reasonable prices for our ride to the hotel.

Crazy4Mickey
07-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Molli1, you mentioned there being 9 people. That could mount up to a lot of luggage. I would question if 1 limo could handle all of it unless the limo company uses a seperate luggage vehicle which I'm sure they would charge for. A 9 passenger van is designed to handle it. Two taxi's should be able to handle it. Just something to consider.

Good point. I didn't think about the luggage part of it. With nine people I imagine it would be tough to get it all into one limo.

mollie1
09-15-2005, 11:09 AM
I need advice on what van service to use from the lax to candy cane inn, there is 9 of us going so will need to book a private van, has anyone done this? thanks

jrsharp21
09-15-2005, 11:22 AM
some of the MPers said that renting a limo is sometimes cheaper than a private van/bus or rental car.

I can't remember what the websites were.

ToursbabeC3po
09-15-2005, 11:38 AM
Yep the limo is cheaper and so much more fun!!!!!!

tinkluver
09-15-2005, 11:49 AM
We are taking a limo when we go here in a couple weeks. We booked through http://limozip.com
And here is an old thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=40958) that talks some about limos
Hope it helps :D

dlandnut
09-15-2005, 11:50 AM
There were 12 of us that went in June. A limo was much cheaper. :)

mollie1
09-15-2005, 02:12 PM
Thank you to all you gave me info on limo's. I thougth it might be cheaper to go with the limo. How much is the appropiate tip to give the driver? for anyone to has been there , thanks :rolleyes:

09-15-2005, 03:27 PM
I think the rule of thumb is $1/bag if the driver puts the bags into the trunk and takes them out.

Otherwise, $5 seems like a nice tip to me.

kisroo
09-15-2005, 03:42 PM
When we've done both towncar and/or limo service, we've tipped anywhere from $5-10, depending on service.

tinkluver
09-15-2005, 03:48 PM
I found this site (http://www.findalink.net/tippingetiquette.php) that says :

Taxi, limo, paid shuttle, or van driver - 15% of the total fare. Up to 20% if the driver helps with the bags or makes extra stops. No less than $1.
Driver of courtesy shuttle - $1-$2 per bag if he helps with the bags.