PDA

View Full Version : All 4 DCA Halloween dates have sold out, Two new dates added

Pages : [1] 2 3

Darkbeer
09-14-2005, 09:09 PM
As per the Disneyland.com AP section, all 4 original dates have been sold out (10/21, 22, 28 & 29).

Two new dates have been added.

Thursday, October 27th

Sunday, October 30th.

Of course, this requires that DCA closes at 6 PM instead of 9 PM to the General Public on October 30th.

General Ticket sales start tomorrow, so order as soon as possible.

You can get tickets at the Main Entry Plaza Ticket Booths, or by calling (714) 781-4400.

nursemelis374
09-14-2005, 09:10 PM
This is good news! If this event sells out and is successful we are one step closer to having MNSSHP, which is one of the best events I have EVER been too!

I'll be there on the 22nd!

Chiidesu
09-14-2005, 09:47 PM
CRAP. I'm hoping they're only sold out for just APs and not the general public...

Cat03
09-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Oh I want to cry! I have planned a trip with my daughter and she'll be crushed now - we already have plane tickets and hotel reservations for Oct 21st and 22nd and because I am a lowly regular guest and not an AP, I had no chance in getting a ticket for the date(s) I needed. :( Is it me or is this just a bit unfair? Even with the additional dates, I'd lose money trying to change my reservations and trying to switch days off from work. Sorry for the rant, but I'm so disappointed. The whole reason for this trip was to experience the MHT, sigh.

Is there ANY chance of acquiring tickets now? If anyone is willing to sell me two, please contact me!

Wendi
09-14-2005, 09:55 PM
Well, I've got tickets for the 29th, and now I think I'd rather go on the 30th... so it kind of sucks that they've added more dates now. I'm actually pretty surprised that they aren't holding the event ON Halloween night, that is what I'd truly prefer.

TowerofTerror
09-14-2005, 11:19 PM
hey well I'm sure you can get ticket to to the the dates you are gone to be there best of luck on your trip

stan4d_steph
09-15-2005, 05:31 AM
General sale tickets are available tomorrow. Call Disney and ask what tickets are available.

Cat03
09-15-2005, 05:43 AM
hey well I'm sure you can get ticket to to the the dates you are gone to be there best of luck on your trip

I am hoping so, TOT - thank you for the encouragement. :)

And I will be on the phone with Disney shortly, stan4d_steph - thanks!

Alisonsmom
09-15-2005, 07:39 AM
I am pretty disappointed that they didn't save any for the general public. I just called and its all sold out except for 10/27 and 10/29. Even concerts have a pre sale for certain people and then leave some for the general public. Not everyone lives in So. CA and can go whenever. I am going to have 8 very sad children. Bummer :(

olegc
09-15-2005, 09:26 AM
so - the question goes back to this - did they sell out of AP-allocated tickets and will have tickets for the general public still for all dates - or are they completely sold out.

There is not enough information in Darkbeer's post to make a determination.

Darkbeer
09-15-2005, 09:56 AM
Folks have called, and have been told the event is completely sold out for the original 4 dates.

Tickets are still available for the Thursday and Sunday, but who knows how long they will last....

hlbtimes2
09-15-2005, 10:34 AM
I'm not going, but I'm very disappointed to hear how Disney has handled ticket sales. For them to completely sell out before opening it to the public is so wrong. They really should have had a number of them available for people that dont have AP's.

For those of you needing tickets I would keep checking ebay. Someone might have some they can't use. I would also write a complaint to Disney and let them know that they did a horrible job making this fair to people coming on vacation.

Darkbeer
09-15-2005, 10:45 AM
To be fair to Disney, I don't think they advertised it to anyone but Annual Passholders. I just went to Disneyland.com, and couldn't find anything about the event, except at the password protected AP section.

Yes, word got out on the internet, but from the un-official sites.

Looks like the main push was to attract locals, and started with AP holders, and then was willing to sell any leftover tickets to the General Public.

Disney has had AP only events in the past, and since this wasn't advertised to the General Public, I don't think Disney is totally at fault here. If I wanted to complain, I would say how the advertised the event to the AP holders, making it sound like they were going to get a discount, and how you should buy your ticket prior to September 15th, when tickets (if any were left over) went on sale to the GP.

Darkbeer
09-15-2005, 11:00 AM
I just read on another site that folks are having problems getting thru on the phone (line is always busy)....

I wonder if the eBay pros are buying them up to resell on the site???

Cat03
09-15-2005, 11:37 AM
I see where Disney may not be at fault because they did not advertise to the general public, but then why say APers get a discount and an early purchase advantage when tickets would most likely not be available to the general public? Word will get out somehow, they must know that.

I have been trying to call in all morning only to reach a busy signal which is probably a moot point anyway as the dates I need are no longer available. Even if I wanted to or could pay the $75.00 for two tickets for the date I need on Ebay, those have already sold. Perhaps it is my own fault for making plane and hotel reservations in advance in order to save money and procure time, but nonetheless I feel a bit misled - I don't think I was being unreasonable in thinking we had a good chance at tickets and thus booked a trip. Don't get me wrong, we will still enjoy ourselves but it was the whole MHT was the reason for coming to DL in the first place.

Darkbeer
09-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Knott's offers a great non-scare event for kids called Camp Spooky during the regular operating hours (day) weekends in October. Kids 3 thru 11 are just $14.95, and you get the whole park for the day (except for a few rides that are closed due to Haunt Mazes).

If the kids were hoping for a Halloween event, it might fit the bill.

Alisonsmom
09-15-2005, 12:11 PM
I was able to purchase some tickets off ebay but am still in need of more. I am hoping over the month we can get more.

I will agree that Disney intended to just invite AP's but my friend received the email from disneylandnews@disneyonline.com on Aug 11 and she is not an AP. Her and I both were a year ago but when prices went up we didn't renew. So even though Disney only wanted to let AP's know they must have unintentionally let others know as well. And I do agree with Cat03 when she said "why say APers get a discount and an early purchase advantage when tickets would most likely not be available to the general public? Word will get out somehow, they must know that."

A lot of people have made trips just for this. Let's just hope that Disney is recognizing the problem and will fix this in future years. A complaint to them really wouldn't do anything I am sure.

mkraemer
09-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Knott's offers a great non-scare event for kids called Camp Spooky during the regular operating hours (day) weekends in October. Kids 3 thru 11 are just $14.95, and you get the whole park for the day (except for a few rides that are closed due to Haunt Mazes).

If the kids were hoping for a Halloween event, it might fit the bill.

Another option is Legoland's Brick or Treat. We've gone to that in the past and really liked it. That's during regular operating hours too; check their website for dates. Their Halloween-themed lego creations are very nice!

nursemelis374
09-15-2005, 12:25 PM
I understand how bummed all those will be that will not be able to go and I feel badly for them. I do think though that it is a risky practice to plan a trip around something you do not even have tickets to yet, let alone tell children.

From a business perspective though, why not sell them all if you can? Did they PROMISE that they would have some available? Even if they did, they can change their mind at any time.

hlbtimes2
09-15-2005, 12:49 PM
From a business perspective though, why not sell them all if you can? Did they PROMISE that they would have some available? Even if they did, they can change their mind at any time.

No, they didnt PROMISE. But saying that they were giving AP holders a discount and doing them as a presale, led people to believe that it was an event open to all guests, when in reality, most people never had a chance at getting a ticket.

Darkbeer
09-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Here is the legalize that came with the offer...

* Space is limited and tickets are available while supplies last. Advance purchase savings available with valid Annual Passport until one day prior to event date and may not be combined with other discounts or promotions. Limit eight (8) tickets per Annual Passholder, per event date. Each ticket is valid for admission to the event and parking for one (1) vehicle (larger vehicles may require an additional fee) on the specified event date. Tickets are nonrefundable and may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. Tickets are not valid for theme park admission prior to the hours of the event. All costumes must adhere to any guidelines as determined solely by Disney. Please choose costumes that are not obstructive, offensive, or violent. Guests' eyes must be visible at all times. Offer and event information and activities are subject to restrictions and change without notice. Tickets may also be purchased by calling (714) 781-4400†. ©Disney

Osky
09-15-2005, 01:11 PM
While I can sympathize with people who wanted to go and couldn't get tickets, it truly was open to anyone, as nothing was stopping non AP holders from getting an AP. Before I get flamed, I understand that some people do not have the money for an AP. However, in this case, money was the only limiting factor. Someone mentioned pre-sale tickets for concerts and sporting events. Many times, those pre-sales are limited to people in groups that the average joe cannot pick up the phone and join, even if they have the money.

olegc
09-15-2005, 01:12 PM
No, they didnt PROMISE. But saying that they were giving AP holders a discount and doing them as a presale, led people to believe that it was an event open to all guests, when in reality, most people never had a chance at getting a ticket.

ahhh the proverbial "you meant this" comment. It's all speculation that they would reserve, if at all, tickets to the public.... They offered them to APs 1st with the comment that if the AP holders don't buy them then the public would. That, in fact, is a true statement. If there were tickets remaining, public would buy them.

By the way - how do you not know that there are other dates that are intended for the public only? And, given the fact that DCA's attendance numbers are so low as it is, maybe they are gunshy to offer something to the public - when they know they local AP community (which is quite large) will be happy to go to DCA for a special event...

Was it unfair they did not reserve tickets for the public? Maybe - but they are not obligated to unless they preannounced that this would occur.

When you run out of halloween candy on halloween night for kids - how do you think they feel? And what is your response? "hey, not my fault so many people wanted to come to the house and get candy"... and that's how it goes..

hlbtimes2
09-15-2005, 01:23 PM
While I can sympathize with people who wanted to go and couldn't get tickets, it truly was open to anyone, as nothing was stopping non AP holders from getting an AP. Before I get flamed, I understand that some people do not have the money for an AP. However, in this case, money was the only limiting factor. Someone mentioned pre-sale tickets for concerts and sporting events. Many times, those pre-sales are limited to people in groups that the average joe cannot pick up the phone and join, even if they have the money.

I think if people had realized that they were only going to have a chance to get tickets if the had an AP they would have done as you said. However, since the info wasnt put out there, they were unable to decide if they wanted to. If it was advertised at an AP special event, they could have bought and AP and a ticket. I wouldnt have a problem with that.

Presales for concerets and sporting events are followed by ticket sales to the general public. They dont typically sell all the tickets during presale, bceause then it wouldnt be a presale, it would just be the tickets going on sale.

nursemelis374
09-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Do we have hard proof yet that they did not sell any tickets to the general public?