PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Tips and Hints

neffyh
09-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Hey u all, My family is leaving for DL very soon, Is there any last tips and hints u all could tell me? Ooo, um......How early should I get to the front of the castle too see the fireworks? Iam goin 2 take a camcorder, Do they sell tapes there? Add ne tips that u can think of. Thank You :D

neffyh
09-14-2005, 08:11 PM
Hey u all, My family is leaving for DL very soon, Is there any last tips and hints u all could tell me? Ooo, um......How early should I get to the front of the castle too see the fireworks? Iam goin 2 take a camcorder, Do they sell tapes there? Add ne tips that u can think of. Thank You :D
Please....ne one...... :(

Scroll Lock
09-14-2005, 08:14 PM
First, the park offers 2 places to see the fireworks. The best viewing area is of course in the hub between Mainstreet and the castle, preferably on the Tommorowland side so you get a great view of Tinkerbell sans the trees. This area gets crowded early, and I mean early. Plan on waiting at least 90 minutes prior for good seats. I'd recommed eating dinner early, or bringing the simple Pizza Port of Burger choices in box with you to the seating area.
OR, you can skip the insane crowds and simply stand or sit in the area in front of Small World. They now project the same images as they do on the castle, but you'll have fireworks going on in front and behind you. It's the down and dirty version.

Second, stay hydrated in the park. I recommend picking up packs of Crystal Light in the tiny individual bottle-size packets as you can get fresh cold water in numerous places in the park. Just add the packet and tada you have lemonade all you can drink!

I believe they sell blank videotapes, but I'd bring your own however. The camera store on Mainstreet also lets you charge your camera I believe.

The Pizza Port next to Space Mountain is probably the best food value in the park. I prefer the Chicken Fusilli myself. It's cheap and filling. For breakfast, the Carnation Cafe offers Priority Seating. Take advantage of this and reserve a breakfast seating upon entering the park, then you can ride a ride or two early then come back for a reserved breakfast table without waiting in the long line that will have developed.

neffyh
09-14-2005, 08:33 PM
First, the park offers 2 places to see the fireworks... Thank You so much!!! I will cherish this info :D

Splashfan
09-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Have a great time neffyh! I'll be there on the 18th for 4 days. :)

MrTomMorrow
09-14-2005, 09:35 PM
Use FastPass! It will cut down significantly on wait times. Space Mountain has just reopened, and it is very popular, so it's good to get a FastPass for that one early in the day.

Have Fun!

coronado_g
09-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Keep some change and a few single dollar bills in your pocket for quick purchases. Bring your own water in a comfortable backpack along with sunglasses or a ballcap. Also bring a light sweatshirt or pullover for the cool evening time. Relax, have fun, and enjoy every minute!!

disneyhound
09-15-2005, 05:12 AM
Definately purchase your camera tapes outside the park, you can buy most anything the average visitor would need in the park, but you are already paying extreme prices on all purchases.

Wear cargo pants! I purchased two pair from Old Navy last year. Place for everything: digital camera, water bottle, goofy sour balls, fast pass tickets, sunglasses, maps...

crazi4dlr
09-15-2005, 09:45 AM
Definately purchase your camera tapes outside the park, you can buy most anything the average visitor would need in the park, but you are already paying extreme prices on all purchases.

Wear cargo pants! I purchased two pair from Old Navy last year. Place for everything: digital camera, water bottle, goofy sour balls, fast pass tickets, sunglasses, maps...

lest we forget the goofy sour balls. LOL

bassett1976
09-15-2005, 10:10 AM
Show up to the park's entrance just before opening. You will be able to enjoy going on the attractions for a couple of hours without much wait and then take a breather during the day. Remember, you can always use your FP after the scheduled time. IT's nice to have 2-3 FP that you've saved up from the day to use during the crowded times in the afternoon/evening.

Donald Duck Fan68
09-15-2005, 10:43 AM
The park gates usually open 1/2 hour before the official opening time. Take advantage of this by getting in early and positioning yourself by the rope close to TL. As soon as the rope drops, go to tomorrow land and grab a fastpass for Space. Don't plan on using any of the fast passes you collect until the early to late evening. Pay attention to the time at the bottom when you can get your next fast pass. You should then collect one for Indy, followed by Splash. On crowded days, Space, Indy, and Splash will run out of fastpass tickets well before closing. Have one person hold all the entrance tickets while in the park and this person can be the "Fastpass runner". That person goes to the FP machines and collects tickets while others are waiting in another line, shopping, eating, etc. Just keep collecting FastPass tickets for your favorite rides throughout the day to use at night, and go standby until it gets crowded. Once the stanby lines go beyond 20 to 25 minutes for a ride you want to go on, break out the fastpasses.

Use cellphones in the park to communicate with the rest of your group if you split up and need to meet.

Definately bring your own tapes for the camcorder.

If you've got young kids, take an afternoon break. If you just can't see yourself leaving the park for this break, head over to Tom Sawyer Island where the kids can run around exploring while the adults find a comfy bench to rest on. Also, Tiki room, followed by Jungle Cruise, followed by Pirates provide a nice combo of rides/attractions where you're seated for a good length of time, providing a semi-break.

Most of all, have fun, be spontaneous, let everyone in the family do what they really want to do.