PDA

View Full Version : Annual passport and crowd levels

emd2611
09-14-2005, 03:22 PM
Having been a Deluxe annual passholder since 1999 I have noticed that over the past few years the crowds have really gotten heavy on all days, regardless of weekend or not. This past year for the first time I started going on busier days that are blackouts days for Southern California passes and actually found them to be pleasant and not too bad. In the past I always strayed from anything other than weekdays. On one summer day in late July I found Disneyland and California Adventure quite pleasant. I figured it was going to be a zoo but it wasn't. There were afternoon weekdays in early May that seemed busier than the summer day.

Am I wrong in assuming that on non blackout days that most of the people in the parks are Southern California Annual Passport holders?

This weekend I have a choice of going on either Saturday or Sunday. What day will be busier? Sunday is an open day to Southern California passports, but Saturday is not. So how busy are Saturday's this time of year?

DisneyDustin22
09-14-2005, 03:35 PM
The way I see it, you are safe to assume that on any given day in the park, black out or not, there are going to be a fair number of AP guests in there. On non black out days, assume that number will be much higher. Since a good potion of the surrounding population on southern california (and beyond) Disneyland lovers are AP holders, black out days will show you a better picture of how many general admission guests there are. I found as well that on black out days you will see lighter crowds only b/c most AP holders don't like to pay the black out day fee to come in. They'll just come the next day.

nightdesigns
09-14-2005, 05:12 PM
I have noticed that the times I frequent DL that most of the people around me in the entrace line are AP holders as well.

now keep in mind, I usually go on afternoons and evenings on off days to spend a quick hour or two in the park. I'm guessing that most of the other people entering at that same time are doing what I'm doing. If i went in the morning, it'd be a different story.

princessofpower
09-14-2005, 05:20 PM
A little off topic, but on doctor phil today, he gave all his audience members a pair of annual passes to disneyland. That's a whole lot of new annual pass holders. I wonder if they were pemium or deluxe???

evrythngwmn
09-15-2005, 02:54 AM
On one summer day in late July I found Disneyland and California Adventure quite pleasant. I figured it was going to be a zoo but it wasn't. There were afternoon weekdays in early May that seemed busier than the summer day.

Am I wrong in assuming that on non blackout days that most of the people in the parks are Southern California Annual Passport holders?

I think the biggest difference in recent years is blocking out CMs ability to sign people in with their Main gate pass. They're now blacked out for most of the summer. The first summer this went into affect I noticed the park was not as crowded. I could move around the park more easily. Last year every weekend in December and the last two weeks of the month were added to the black out days on the Main gate pass. Again, I noticed less crowding in the park at that time of year.

You figure there are something like 20,000 CMs, if even a tenth of them signed people in on any given day that's a heck of a lot of people.