PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding about AP?

kkmickey
09-14-2005, 02:31 PM
:confused: Hi - I live near Portland, OR and I am going to be traveling to Disneyland for a long weekend on Nov 18-21. I am thinking of getting a 3-day bonus pass from AAA (Free parking and Early entry 1 morning and $10 espn).

However, I am also planning a trip in February with a couple of friends. I think we will be there 3-4 days (not during the holiday weekend). Would it be worth applying my 3-day pass towards and annual passport (deluxe, not premium) for the next trip? Also, I don't know much about the resort hotel deals available with an AP. Would there be any in February, and would it be worth it?

Is there anything else I need to know about annual passports?

Thanks in advance for the info - I know someone here can help!

Kristin

DisneyDustin22
09-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Go with the AP! Become one of us! Use the force! :D

Eighty8Keys
09-14-2005, 02:58 PM
I agree. Upgrade to an AP on your last day (after you've used all the bonus goodies like early entry). The cost difference between a 3-day hopper and a deluxe AP is $90. If you're planning to go 4 days next February, a 4-day park hopper will cost you $169. In addition, you'll be able to take advantage of the new dining discounts for AP holders on your next trip. Just be sure that you schedule your February trip around any blockout dates. The only two blockout dates I see for February are the 18th and 19th.

charpaul
09-14-2005, 02:59 PM
With an AP you will get 10% discount (15% with the Premium) on any sit down or counter service food location. You will be eligible for AP rates at the hotel. You can buy AP merchandise (OK -that might not be a bonus). :rolleyes:
You can plan another trip for sometime during the next calendar year and still get in free!!!!

You are thinking of at least 7 days total of visiting if I counted correctly - the PremiumPass pays for itself after 6 visits (this includes the parking price in my calculations!) even with the recent price increase.
So you will get more than your monies worth if you buy a Deluxe pass.

My opinion would be to go for it!!!

CNDKanga
09-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Along the same lines: We are going to be in Disneyland in May (DH, Myself, and 3 kids, 6, 4 and 2). We are planning on staying at the disneyland hotel. If we are going to be there for 7 days (6 day parkhopper tickets) and are planning to go again within the year (example the following May but a few weeks earlier) would it be worthwile to upgrade to AP and what kind? Can we get the hotel AP rate if we upgrade at the park? Should we all get AP's or just one of us or just the adults? Thanks

Malcon10t
09-14-2005, 07:37 PM
Along the same lines: We are going to be in Disneyland in May (DH, Myself, and 3 kids, 6, 4 and 2). We are planning on staying at the disneyland hotel. If we are going to be there for 7 days (6 day parkhopper tickets) and are planning to go again within the year (example the following May but a few weeks earlier) would it be worthwile to upgrade to AP and what kind? Can we get the hotel AP rate if we upgrade at the park? Should we all get AP's or just one of us or just the adults? Thanks6 day parkhopper will get you $179 credit I believe. So the price diff for an adult is $50. If you plan to go even one more day, this works best. As far as the kids, I don't remember the price difference for them, I think its $80. (APs are the same price for adult and kids.) You would need to have the AP in hand when you check in to get the discount. If you change one to an AP before you check in, this would work for the 10% discount. (Figure its an $180 discount: $285 for DLR per night for 6 nights, *10%).

I Heart Disneyland!
09-14-2005, 11:03 PM
I live in Seattle and we bought annual passes this year. I think it's WELL worth it for the meal discounts at the park, and it's not much more than a 5 day pass. We used it for 9 days in May, and we're going back in October for another week. It's been WELL worth it for us!!! Just check the black-out dates to be sure none of the time you'll be there is blacked out for the Deluxe pass.

Have fun!!!

TowerofTerror
09-14-2005, 11:12 PM
ONLY get one if you think you will be going to the park more than 3 times a year that what i say to do