PDA

View Full Version : Monday- Wednesday before Thanksgiving

hotshot
09-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Hi Everyone!

Well I may have to postpone my trip from 10/19-23 to just before Thanksgiving. $$Ughhh$$

Would you be so kind as to provide your thoughts around this timeframe in terms of weather, park attendance, and overall experience.

Thanks in advance.

janell

HydroGuy
09-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Hi Everyone!

Well I may have to postpone my trip from 10/19-23 to just before Thanksgiving. $$Ughhh$$

Would you be so kind as to provide your thoughts around this timeframe in terms of weather, park attendance, and overall experience.I will address the attendance part of your question. We are planning a day trip on Tue or Wed before TG, and I have been paying attention to "predicted crowd" threads during TG week. From what I can figure out, no one seems to know. In past years, the crowds were pretty tame before TG, but pretty bad after TG. But this year there are two new variables. First is the 50th celebration. And second is the SoCal schools, which traditionally only are out on Thurs/Fri but many or all are planning to be out the whole week this year. Along those lines, my sister has children in SoCal schools, and she is planning to join us on the day trip because they are out of school.

DL itself seems to be planning for it being crowded because they are extending park hours for both DL and DCA. For example, DL will be open either 8AM-11PM, or 8AM-Midnight during TG week, both before and after TG. Those hours are high season hours.

The consensus seems to be that the crowds will be busier than in past years, but significantly less than Christmas and mid-summer.

hotshot
09-14-2005, 03:35 PM
thanks HydroGuy