PDA

View Full Version : When I get my APs on Sat...

Pages : [1] 2

Dave Z
02-27-2002, 01:16 PM
What do I do next?

I just want to be prepared. We have our tickets to trade up with and I would like to make the upgrade with the least amount of hassle. We will be there Sunday AM, too. Is that a better day to upgrade?

Matterhorn Fan
02-27-2002, 02:15 PM
Any AP upgrading/purchasing/photo sessions/etc. should be done first thing in the morning. Go at opening and head straight to the bank and get in line, then you can enjoy the rest of your day without having to worry about it.

When I upgraded mine in January I wasn't there at opening--I got there, oh, maybe 11-ish and I think I waited at least a half an hour. I have heard stories of much, MUCH longer waits.

Dave Z
02-27-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
Any AP upgrading/purchasing/photo sessions/etc. should be done first thing in the morning. Thanks.

I guess that DL mantra, Get there EARLY, applies here, too. And the sooner the better I get discounts I just realized!

Woo Hoo, I'm goin' to Disneyland!

justagrrl
02-27-2002, 03:02 PM
yeah - we went on 2/2/02 and waited a good 45 minutes. the bank line was MUCH smaller then the one at...is it Carnation plaza?

Dave Z
02-27-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by justagrrl
yeah - we went on 2/2/02 and waited a good 45 minutes. the bank line was MUCH smaller then the one at...is it Carnation plaza?

Are there two places to upgrade/get photos/etc?

Cadaverous Pallor
02-27-2002, 03:13 PM
The Plaza Pavillion building is the new place to get your AP done. From what I understand they are still running both the Bank and the Plaza for processing. When you enter, check the line at the Bank. If it's bad, then head over to the Plaza and get in the best line. The Plaza has more windows and can take more people, but of course it depends on how many people are working in both places.

In case you don't know, Dave, the Plaza building is at the end of Main Street, on your left. It's white and has signs saying it's for AP processing.

Not Afraid
02-27-2002, 03:13 PM
So when you get to the Park on Sunday, you should stop by the River Belle at 10:00 and meet up with a few of us no-good MPers. We'll also be at the Hub at 12:00 by the White Rabbit.

EandCDad
02-27-2002, 03:25 PM
There are, I believe, actually THREE places to do AP stuff.

Lets break it into NEED NEW PICTURE or DON'T NEED NEW PICTURE

DON'T NEED NEW PICTURE-This would be the case if you have a recent AP and don't want (or need) to take a new picture. They have your old AP picture in the computer, so unless you have really changed in appearance, you don't usually need a new picture.

If you don't need a new picture you can go to the AP window outside the park. Its just to the left of the Disneyland gate. They will have your old AP picture in the computer. You can pay for your new AP and they will give you the new AP right there.

Once you do that, you enter the park and whoop it up, no need to go elsewhere.

NEED A NEW PICTURE-This would be the case if you don't already have an AP or your appearnce has changed so much you want a new one. Usually this would apply to small children.

If your current AP is still good, you enter the park, and you can go to either Carnation Plaza or the Bank and stand in line, pay, get a new picture, and get the new AP.

If your current AP is not good, you have to pay for the AP outside the park and then enter the park and stand in line at either Carnation Plaza or the Bank to get the picture and the new AP.

The easiest is if you don't need a picture, the biggest pain (2 lines) is if your current AP is not good and you need a new picture. Either way, do everything as early in the day as possible (prefereably when the park just opens).

Good luck!

ps-this is all subject to some change, it has been a few months since I did it. If things have really changed, please someone, correct the info.

Matterhorn Fan
02-27-2002, 03:26 PM
Someone told me that the Carnation Plaza line often *looks* shorter, but that there are a number of switchbacks that you can't really see from outside. I've never been in there, so I wouldn't know, though.

Rallymonkey23
02-27-2002, 03:32 PM
Not that this would apply to you. But I remember just before Christmas of 2000(?), I remember I was going to upgrade to a 2 park pass. At that time they only had the Plaza open for processing. I went there looked at the line which was about an hour or more, then said forget it. I regreted ever doing that for awhile cause the next time I went to upgrade they said that they stopped upgrading because they had already sold alot of annual passports and were afraid of overcrowding the new park. (Funny they were thinking that huh? LOL)

Dave Z
02-27-2002, 03:48 PM
Rallymonkey23, Is that your missing avatar I see? Glad you found him. I thought of that sad part in the movie when P was lost. I did look at a couple of gif sites but couldn't find the little guy. :crying:

We have never had APs, I got the 3 for 2 day passes to use this trip and want to trade them for Deluxe APs after we get in on Sat, a black out day. Then, sometime that day I should upgrade to AP at a ticket booth OUTSIDE the park? Then process the thing and get pictures INSIDE the park? :confused:

Gee this sounds complicated, but I LIKE IT! :)

EandCDad
02-27-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Dave Z

We have never had APs, I got the 3 for 2 day passes to use this trip and want to trade them for Deluxe APs after we get in on Sat, a black out day. Then, sometime that day I should upgrade to AP at a ticket booth OUTSIDE the park? Then process the thing and get pictures INSIDE the park? :confused:

Gee this sounds complicated, but I LIKE IT! :)

No,
Go inside with your 3 for 2 day passes. Get in line with the passes and everyone who is going to get an AP at either the bank or the Plaza. Try to go when the park first opens. Pay for your upgrade and take your picture. Get the AP, enjoy your day.

Have fun.

LKSearcy
02-27-2002, 08:21 PM
I'm planning on taking my 13 year old son to DLR in December for 7 days, and I figured it would be cheaper to get APs. I called the local Disney Store and they can order them, and then I can get the pictures (and whatever else) inside DL.

Now, since we would be going only in Dec (in between blackout days), what would be better to get - Premium or Deluxe? The difference is $50 each.

Any place in DCA to renew etc, for APs?

socabch
02-28-2002, 07:51 AM
LKSearcy,

Since you live in Alaska I'm guessing you won't be using the parking garage. Premium includes parking and Deluxe you can add it for $35. That out of the way, then you need to look at discounts. Deluxe has some resturants but no merchandise. Premium has some resturants and merchandise discounts. For me I have a Premium and got Deluxes for my kids. We don't usually go on crowded block out days so Deluxe is good for my kids because they don't shop without me. So if you need to see if the 10% shopping discounts are something you would use. Plus there are other things you get with a Premium. Magazines and such.

Pirate33
05-15-2002, 10:50 AM
What is the current procedure for getting an annual pass? Do they still take photos at the bank and at the hub?

kranders
05-15-2002, 01:24 PM
When I activated my pass last Sunday(which I bought at my local Disney Store), they were only processing at the Carnation Plaza which is at the "Hub".

downingfamily1
05-15-2002, 02:27 PM
We'll be arriving from Southern Oregon sometime on the 17th of June and I was wondering if anyone knows the hours that they process ap's? We bought them over the phone and just need to get them processed when we get there. We got the ap discount for the GC and need to get processed before we check in, I think. I believe someone told me they are only open until 5 and if that is true we need to adjust our travel schedule to make sure we get there in time. Thanks.

-Julie

lotsafuzz
05-15-2002, 04:17 PM
Question: I'll be arriving on June 2nd (Sunday) around 2 (driving in). I need to get my AP (already have the voucher) BEFORE checking into DLH.

How do I get into the park? With the voucher?

Any suggestions about how to make the voucher to real-thing transition easier on someone who will have been on the road for 13 hours?

MickeysGirl
05-15-2002, 04:44 PM
:) My understanding is that The Plaza Pavillion is the only place to renew your AP now. We have been renewing by mail (which is cheaper) for some time now (in other words, I may be totally clueless).... You can call (714)781-4400 for Annual Passport information. :)

disneynut
05-15-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by lotsafuzz

How do I get into the park? With the voucher?

Any suggestions about how to make the voucher to real-thing transition easier on someone who will have been on the road for 13 hours?

From what I remember when we had the voucher you used the voucher to get into the park. If you are parking in the Mickey structure you have to pay the 7 dollars and then Disney reimburses you the money if you have parking on your ap. My only suggestion to make the transaction easiest is to process the ap as early in the day as you can. I know it's easy for me to say that not being the one driving in but the lines do get longer as the day goes on. Maybe someone else will have another idea. Good luck and have fun!:)

tabacco
05-15-2002, 08:37 PM
On the subject of lines, if you ask nicely, the ticket seller who upgrades your tickets can give the bank a call and ask them what the wait looks like.

HBTiggerFan
05-15-2002, 09:25 PM
Just remember to make sure the bank is open when you get in line. My bf and I got in line for the bank (not for APs) and were standing around for 15 minutes before the 4 people in front of us told us the bank would not be open for another hour :confused:

Uncle Dick
05-16-2002, 12:49 AM
FYI, the CM Reference Guide still lists the Plaza Pavilion and Bank of Main Street as the two locations for Annual Pass processing. In my experience, however, the CMs in front of the bank will try to direct you to the Pavilion since the bank does more than just process APs.

Additionally, if you just need to renew or upgrade your AP, you can use the Group Sales Window to the left of Disneyland (as EandCDad noted earlier).

jslivinski
05-16-2002, 03:22 PM
Have you spoken to the hotel to find out if they require the voucher to be processed before you check-in. They may except the voucher or be willing to check APs on check-out.

If you do need to have your AP on check-in, depending how everyone is feeling (ie kids are tired and grumpy), you (or hubby) can go to the park (wait in line) and get the AP processed for check-in, while everyone else wonders the hotel grounds, grabs a snack or just find a place to sit and relax.

lotsafuzz
05-16-2002, 04:15 PM
Disneynut: Thanks for the info! I'm guessing I'll be so jazzed just to be there that I'll be able to handle a line or two.

jslivinski: Thank you! When I made the reservations I was told I would need the AP 'in hand', but I will call again to make sure. I'll be traveling w/ my boyfriend and he has a 5 day park hopper ticket. We will actually be there six days so he can't go into the park on Sunday (which is ok considering our drive and late arrival.....I figure there should be enough to do in Downtown Disney and the hotel on Sunday night). I'll probably park him at the hotel and brave the lines since the AP is in my name.