PDA

View Full Version : Remember or Fantasmic?

CarrieL
09-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Aloha all -

We will be travelling to DLR next month for four days. On Friday, according to the DLR calendar, they will be showing both Fantasmic and Remember. While all of my family has been to DL many times in the 70's, none of us has been back more recently than '89. So we've never seen Fantasmic. But we hear Remember is truely amazing. So which would you pick?

To add another wrinkle, we will be there with my kids, ages 6 and 2. So our ability to maneuver through the crowds quickly between the two shows will be limited (I was thinking of the 9 pm REmember and the 10 pm Fantasmic). I'd love to see both, but just don't know if we can do it logistically.

Thanks for advice and help!

princessofpower
09-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Wow, that's a tough choice. They are both amazing shows. Best thing would be to run from one place to the next. They are totally worth it!!!! The next best choice might be to get a place for fantasmic and then catch the fireworks from there. You won't get near to the full experience, but you'll get some of the firework (i think) and still get the entire fantasmic show. The amount of time between seems like there is enough time to run from one to the next. You may not get the best viewing areas though.

Vegitabeta
09-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Many people try and see both, but you'll only get a good viewing spot for one of them I would say, 'cos people stake out their places early. If you haven't seen Fantasmic, it is a must!

I'd say it's just about do-able.

Donald Duck Fan68
09-14-2005, 01:37 PM
So I take it the four days you will be there will be Tuesday - Friday? Meaning, you will only have one night for the evening entertainment?

Here's a few options:
1. Make it your goal to see both: take the kids back to hotel for a break/nap so that they're ready for the long night. Stake out a viewing place for the 9:25pm showing of "Remember..." that's in the hub, but close to the Frontierland entrance. (You'll probably need one adult to do this early, like right aftert the last parade.) As soon as the show is over, maneuver as best as you can through the frontierland entrance and over to the Fantasmic Show, which starts at 10:30. The second show usually isn't as crowded as the first, so you should be able to find a decent spot.

2. See one, stay put and see parts of another: Get a good spot for Fantasmic early as close to the water as you can. One adult can stay put with a blanket down while another takes the kids on rides, etc. The first Fantasmic show is at 9pm, and you'll want everyone back on the blanket by 8:30 at the latest. After the show is over, just stay put and view the fireworks for "Remember..." right there. You won't see the whole show, like the castle effects, and other things they do along Main Street, but it gives you a chance to sort of see both without having to move anywhere.

3. Get the best spot for "Remember...": get a great spot for the fireworks (in front of the castle from the sound of it) knowing that this is your only opportunity to see this show. Fantasmic is a great show, but it is likely going to keep running for some time. Make it a point to plan another trip soon and get back to see it the next time.

Micki0624
09-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Try to see the Remember and the later Fantasmic! showing at about 10:30. If you have to choose 1 I would see Remember. Fantasmic! has been around long and is not going anywhere. Remember is truly the best fireworks show I have ever seen at DL. I would see that one.

hlbtimes2
09-14-2005, 02:11 PM
YOu could try watching the fireworks from the train station at the end of main street, then hop on the train and head to NOS for the second showing of F!. I've heard mixed reviews on if it works or not, and if it is a good place to watch the fireworks. I can give you a better opinion after Oct. 17th.

PirateSmile
09-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Stick around after Fantasmic's first show, then watch Rememeber. They still do that, right? You can't see the castle effects, but everything else is a great view.

CarrieL
09-14-2005, 02:32 PM
So I take it the four days you will be there will be Tuesday - Friday? Meaning, you will only have one night for the evening entertainment?

That's correct. We picked the off season knowing we might not get to see either show, but now we've got a conundrum.

Here's a few options:
1. Make it your goal to see both: take the kids back to hotel for a break/nap so that they're ready for the long night. Stake out a viewing place for the 9:25pm showing of "Remember..." that's in the hub, but close to the Frontierland entrance. (You'll probably need one adult to do this early, like right aftert the last parade.) As soon as the show is over, maneuver as best as you can through the frontierland entrance and over to the Fantasmic Show, which starts at 10:30. The second show usually isn't as crowded as the first, so you should be able to find a decent spot.

I think this is going to be our plan. Given that we live in Hawaii, it's not like we have the opportunity to get to DLR all that often. So we will make sure to hit the best, limited opportunity show and then if we can make it across to see Fantasmic we'll try our best.

Mahalo all!

Mark Mywords
09-14-2005, 03:36 PM
I think this is going to be our plan. Given that we live in Hawaii, it's not like we have the opportunity to get to DLR all that often. So we will make sure to hit the best, limited opportunity show and then if we can make it across to see Fantasmic we'll try our best.Mahalo all!

Good luck! It's totally do-able, we just did both shows (with a 2,3,6 and 8 year old in tow). For "Remember", check out Mouseplanet's viewing guide (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050511as.htm) (although it's a little out of date) for spots to view the fireworks. My personal recommendation is the little roped-off area in front of Plaza Pavilions right next to the Adventureland entrance path. Just be aware that Disneyland now seems to be using the circular hub path as a round-about (with counter clockwise flow), so you could be forced to go all the way around to get to where you need to be after the show.

DangerMouse
09-14-2005, 03:43 PM
I also recommend seeing Remember near the Plaza Pavillion. You can take a short cut through there and the Rancho de Zocalo tunnel to Frontierland and beat a lot of the crowds to catch Fantasmic. This worked perfectly for us and our three kids (8, 5, 3). Also, there is a great spot to stand to watch Fantasmic right behind the central lighting tower. It is lowered and looks like it will be an obstructed view until 5 minutes before the show, when the raise it up. Most people don't know that, so this spot often remains empty until right before showtime. You can sit right along the pathway until the show starts and then stand up to watch the show. Try to get right behind the sound guys for the best view. Good luck!

Darkbeer
09-14-2005, 08:13 PM
If it is a normal off-season Friday, there is only ONE showing of Fantasmic! at 9 PM, so your best option is to get a seat for Fantasmic! near the center section, and then just stay and watch the Fireworks, you do get to see Tink, and the soundtrack is excellent from that location....

MrTomMorrow
09-14-2005, 09:32 PM
Yes, Remember... is best seen near the hub and in front of the castle, so stake out a spot early; it is definitely possible to catch the 10:30 performance of Fantasmic! after Remember...; just get ready to head to Frontierland as soon as the fireworks end.

HydroGuy
09-14-2005, 09:38 PM
If I had to choose, I would choose Fantasmic. Especially for your kids. But they are both excellent and you will not go wrong either way. Hopefully you can fit in both.

passthepixiedust
09-14-2005, 10:06 PM
I agree with Hydroguy. Both are fabulous, but if you MUST pick..... My kids totally preferred fantasmic.

Mark Mywords
09-15-2005, 09:35 AM
I'll third that. Fantasmic beats Remember (by just a hair, though).