PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Sept '06

Pookie
09-14-2005, 07:45 AM
We are planning a trip to DL next year after having a wonderful 12 day trip to DW in May. We went to DL in July '04 and it was crowded. That was to be expected. I know it is hard to predict the future but do you think DL will be crowded since Sept is the last month of the 50th celebration. Would it just be more locals on the weekends? We would like to go when the crowd level is down and the weather is good. The warm heat doesn't bother us so we could go in Aug.

Thanks for your help.

stan4d_steph
09-14-2005, 08:15 AM
The Disneyland Half Marathon is scheduled for the weekend of September 16-17, so that might affect crowds at the parks that particular weekend. Otherwise, I wouldn't expect it to be too bad. :)

cindyland
02-12-2006, 07:53 PM
I did a search on Sept. and found this topic. Thought I'd check for any additional input since we're thinking of making our last AP visit in September (AP expires in October). Interesting info on half marathon (not sure what this is, but if it says "crowds" we'll avoid it), trying to avoid Gay Days (more people), opening of HM, and the AZ crowds (got those last years, OMG).

Also, any history of Sept. AP rates for DL hotels? Are the rates ever for a weekend? We're thinking of making a Thursday-Sunday trip.

Thanks!

kisroo
02-12-2006, 07:57 PM
What are the AZ crowds?? (I'm assuming that means that there is an influx of Arizona people???)

I don't know about AP rates. Seems like they would have some that month~being off season. I'm thinking that the "Stay 3 nights, get the 4th night free" might be going on in Sept.

~kisroo:)

cindyland
02-12-2006, 10:15 PM
We visited last October, the week of Columbus Day. HUGE crowds, summer-like! The AZ schools get a two-week break at the end of their term and guess where everybody goes?! Totally unexpected. I expected a few, but everyone I talked to was from AZ! Wall to wall people, increased hours, etc. Nothing against AZ people, but we were hoping to avoid the crowds, didn't work.

SandraVB79
02-13-2006, 07:50 AM
Does this mean September is not off-season but high-crows-season?
I guess the 50th celebration ending will not help the crowds either.

Oh well, count two Belgians among the guests during 5 days somewhere in September!