PDA

View Full Version : So, what happened to Mickey on Saturday?

Mark Mywords
09-13-2005, 03:17 PM
We caught the 10:30 showing of Fantasmic on Saturday night (9/10). The show was wonderful, as always, but there was something strange at the end.

During the last bit of the show, where Mickey "Disappears" from the top of the mill and then "Reappears" down below to deliver the "Some imagination, huh?" line, well, he didn't reappear. The spotlights went to the spot, but there was no Mickey. The spotlights quickly went back to the Mickey on top of the mill and he "Delivered" the last line of the show.

Very strange. A goof, I assume. But at the same time, it almost seemed like it was on purpose because the Mickey on top of the Mill was still up there waiting for the spotlight to come back to him.

Anybody ever seen this happen before?

DangerMouse
09-13-2005, 05:12 PM
We caught the 10:30 showing of Fantasmic on Saturday night (9/10). The show was wonderful, as always, but there was something strange at the end.

During the last bit of the show, where Mickey "Disappears" from the top of the mill and then "Reappears" down below to deliver the "Some imagination, huh?" line, well, he didn't reappear. The spotlights went to the spot, but there was no Mickey. The spotlights quickly went back to the Mickey on top of the mill and he "Delivered" the last line of the show.

Very strange. A goof, I assume. But at the same time, it almost seemed like it was on purpose because the Mickey on top of the Mill was still up there waiting for the spotlight to come back to him.

When we were there the weekend before, the spot went down to Mickey at the bottom for him to deliver his line, but there was so much smoke that you couldn't see him AT ALL. I was disappointed. :( Did you notice a lot of smoke? Maybe they're trying something new?

Mark Mywords
09-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Did you notice a lot of smoke? Maybe they're trying something new?

Nope, there was a bit of smoke that quickly cleared to reveal, well, nothing. Maybe there's something wrong with that "Turbo" lift that he stands on.

DISNEYfied
09-13-2005, 11:09 PM
I noticed this too! Maybe Mickey in the suit just needed to use the rest room... :rolleyes: :D

stan4d_steph
09-14-2005, 06:14 AM
It could be that the Mickey up on the roof didn't go down properly, so to avoid having 2 Mickeys at the same time, they didn't send up the other Mickey. They just sent the spotlight back to the Mickey on the roof again to say the final line. Just a theory, mind you. I have no knowledge of the inner workings. Wish I did! I'm sure there are contingency plans in place for all kinds of things that might go wrong during the show. :)

Mark Mywords
09-14-2005, 10:10 AM
It could be that the Mickey up on the roof didn't go down properly, so to avoid having 2 Mickeys at the same time, they didn't send up the other Mickey. They just sent the spotlight back to the Mickey on the roof again to say the final line.

Aha! That's probably it. That neatly explains why he was still up there waiting to have the spotlight shown back on him.

mariogarza
09-14-2005, 10:20 AM

I haven't seen that, but on memorial day weekend last may, there was a huge mistake...When the show started, you could hear the narration, and then the fade up sound of the very beggining, but no spinning lights...It was all dark...and then, the "imagination...." but no Mickey...no lights....and then the music started with no Mickey and no light...then the music stopped all the frontierland lights went on....It started all over again about 10 mins later...All was OK except for the pinnochio segment, where you can see him dancing with the two puppet dancers...There was only music, no pinnochio....It was quite dissapointing, specially for my two friends cause it was their first visit to a disney park...BTW, excuse my english...I'm mexican...sorry :)

TP2000
09-14-2005, 01:20 PM
BTW, excuse my english...I'm mexican...sorry :)

No need to be sorry, your English writing skills are just fine. In fact, they are superior to some Americans who post on here regularly, but who obviously didn't pay much attention in their high school English class. Welcome to Mouseplanet mariogarza!

stan4d_steph
09-14-2005, 01:22 PM
All was OK except for the pinnochio segment, where you can see him dancing with the two puppet dancers...There was only music, no pinnochio....It was quite dissapointing, specially for my two friends cause it was their first visit to a disney park...Unfortunately, the Pinocchio puppet broke this year and it's not clear that it's going to be fixed. Indications are that the repair would be too costly. :(

CrazyMouse
09-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Unfortunately, the Pinocchio puppet broke this year and it's not clear that it's going to be fixed. Indications are that the repair would be too costly. :(

When did it break down? The Pinocchio part? I was there on August and watched 6 showings of Fantasmic and it was fine. Did it just recently happen? :confused:

DangerMouse
09-14-2005, 03:37 PM
When did it break down? The Pinocchio part? I was there on August and watched 6 showings of Fantasmic and it was fine. Did it just recently happen? :confused:

Pinocchio worked fine during the Labor Day weekend as well. It was down when we went in April and June, so they must have fixed it over the summer.

mariogarza
09-14-2005, 09:56 PM
No need to be sorry, your English writing skills are just fine. In fact, they are superior to some Americans who post on here regularly, but who obviously didn't pay much attention in their high school English class. Welcome to Mouseplanet mariogarza!

Thanks..! :)
However, I'll try to keep a good english typing...

Unfortunately, the Pinocchio puppet broke this year and it's not clear that it's going to be fixed. Indications are that the repair would be too costly. :(

Ohh...I hope they've already fixed that, o that they do it soon...It was kind of weird that part of the show with only music no puppets...

TowerofTerror
09-14-2005, 11:28 PM
well its all good on here wish I could see fantasmic but haven't seen the show in awhile like over a few months.