PDA

View Full Version : What would you add for the 50th?

Mickey
09-13-2005, 02:26 PM
You've seen the Remember Dreams Come True Show, Parade of Dreams, Rode Space Mountain on it's new version, now what else would you like to see or have for the 50th?
Personally I would prefered a Space Mountain with a more faster version and a drop for example. I mean I like the ride, but I expected more for 3 years.
Remember Dreams Come True is totally the best firework show ever seen at Disneyland.
The parade of dreams uhhhh I think Ill reserve my comment , I just seen it once and not planning
to see it twice.
I liked all the new merchandise including big figurines and soundtracks released for the 50th!
Now I read that they are adding a new drop secuence to Tower of Terror at DCA. I hope this new drop is not a "slower" version.
Anyone in for a real free fall?
Thanks.

Chadsgal
09-13-2005, 02:30 PM
We watched the May 5th events at home and my Dad came up with an idea that they should of had a Walt Look alike that came out and mouth the words of the opening day speech while the recording played. People would have cried and had loved to get there picture taken with the look alike. We even told our tour guide on our trip in June and she said that would kinda go against Walts whole spirit in the park idea.

Mark Mywords
09-13-2005, 02:53 PM
I would have liked to have seen some sort of television special on the park's 50th. I mean, they had specials for, what, like the 10th, 30th and 35th aniversary? I would think the 50th would trump those, so why no special?

A completely new E-ticket attraction would have been nice.

I absolutely LOVE "Remember..."! I do think they could have pushed the show even further. I would have liked Disneyland to truly go all out on the multi-media aspect of the show. It would've been very cool to see what they are currently doing with the IASW area (projecting historic disneyland footage onto the facade) taken to all areas of the park, perhaps with different footage in each area.

hlbtimes2
09-13-2005, 02:59 PM
I really think they dropped the ball by not having a tv special, and doing some more cross promotions. Of course, we still have about a year to go, so maybe they'll pull some more things out of the box to keep the excitment going.

I know that way back at the 30th, they had a promotion with Chevy. If you bought a car, you got a trip. Then they gave away cars at the gate. It created a lot of excitment.

They do have the McDonald's promo right now, but even that is lacking. For WDW's 25th you could buy nice, heavy, glasses with pictures on them. We still have them and use them as our every day drinkware.

I think those type little things keep those of us that cant come to the parks very often, interested and excited!