PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report 9/9-9/11

cwhit45
09-13-2005, 08:02 AM
Started out with an early flight out of Phoenix at 6:00 am. We landed at LAX around 7:30. We then rented a car and drove to Knott’s Berry Farm for breakfast at Mrs. Knott’s. WOW!!! That was the first time that I had ever had their Fried Chicken. I know what you are thinking, “Fired Chicken for breakfast?” But it was amazing. Their biscuits and gravy were unbelievable too. From there we were off to Disneyland!!! Friday was great small crowds and small lines. In fact it was the first time ever that we got on to Splash mountain and there was absolutely no one in front of us. They were waiting for people to board onto the boats. Of course then we had to go to Space Mountain. It’s been many years since I had been on it so I don’t remember the old track but it was very smooth and we only waited about 20 minutes in the stand-by line. One thing to try, if you are a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup fan is the Peanut butter Sandwich from the Main St Candy store. Graham crackers covered in chocolate, creamy peanut butter in between and all covered in chocolate. I had 4 there and brought two of them home with me!!! Saturday and Sunday were BUSY!!! Tomorrowland seemed to me like Christmas. The way I can tell is how many times my feet get run over by stroller wheels and I was up to 8 by the end of the morning. So what we did is get our fast passes for Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear and hit the other parts of the park. We actually got stuck on Splash Mountain. Somehow the ride broke down when we were right in front of Baer Fox was having his tail bitten by the alligator. We were there for almost 10 minutes. When we finally got back to the loading area, they were turning people away. Sunday afternoon we had lunch at the Blue Bayou, we do this every year for our anniversary. Had the Monte Cristo sandwich and loved it!! The rest of the afternoon we just hit a couple more rides and left to catch our flight. Not bad and looking forward to our November trip!!!!!

Rteneyck
09-13-2005, 08:13 AM
Was Sunday busier than Saturday? I am going to be there Sun - Wed in a couple of weeks and I am just trying to see what the crowd level will be on sunday. Haven't been on a sunday since January, and the crowds were pretty small.

cwhit45
09-13-2005, 08:29 AM
Was Sunday busier than Saturday? I am going to be there Sun - Wed in a couple of weeks and I am just trying to see what the crowd level will be on sunday. Haven't been on a sunday since January, and the crowds were pretty small.Saturday did seem busier to me, but I could be wrong.

shawnarae
09-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Actually, I was there Sat & Sun and it was not busy compared to Summer days at all. It felt like an off season weekend.

Around Noon on Sunday the standby was 25 minutes for Space Mountain, compared to the 75++ minute standby a month ago on a Sunday :)

Overall, the park is not dead...but definitely not crowded as it has been all summer!!

Clotho
09-13-2005, 09:33 AM
"Overall, the park is not dead...but definitely not crowded as it has been all summer!!"

That is what I love about the parks this time of year. There is still enough people and activity to be interesting. To have that bustling energy. But...NO LINES!

Mark Mywords
09-13-2005, 09:37 AM
"Overall, the park is not dead...but definitely not crowded as it has been all summer!!"

That is what I love about the parks this time of year. There is still enough people and activity to be interesting. To have that bustling energy. But...NO LINES!

Well put. There were crowds (especially on Saturday), but they were small. We managed to get a great spot for Remember on the hub just 30 minutes before showtime.

Great trip report cwhit!