PDA

View Full Version : Ooh ooh! New Screamin info/rumor

Clotho
09-12-2005, 10:01 PM
From just tonight on Laughin' Place Discussion Boards, posted by "iluvdisneyland":

"I'm not sure when, exactly, but extremely recently California Screamin' has been released from DOSH control back to Walt Disney Imagineering. [additional text removed]"

I wonder how the poster knew about who now has "control" over the operations, but I was happy to hear workers are back out on the tracks today!

mariogarza
09-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Hope it opens soon...I think Screamin' is a major reason for a lot of people for a visit to DCA, along with ToT and Soarin...It's deffinitely not good for DCA have Screamin' closed....I think that is why It's never been in a major refurb...

merlinjones
09-13-2005, 06:45 AM
They should just tear it down... It's ugly anyway.

ActionMarco
09-13-2005, 06:50 AM
No you are ugly

merlinjones
09-13-2005, 07:37 AM
Did we meet at a bar? ;)

olegc
09-13-2005, 07:39 AM

OK.... i think most of us all know the personal and political viewpoints some have concerning DCA. Let's stay on topic about the opening of Screamin. It's obvious that many people love this attraction and are looking forward to it reopening...

pisces
09-13-2005, 08:04 AM
But, on the official schedule, it shows "Closed for refurbishment" all the way into January....as far as the schedule goes. :eek:

Rteneyck
09-13-2005, 08:10 AM
I just hope they don't rush it and miss something in the meantime....

Vegitabeta
09-13-2005, 08:43 AM
No you are ugly

Calm down children!

mariogarza
09-13-2005, 10:04 AM
But, on the official schedule, it shows "Closed for refurbishment" all the way into January....as far as the schedule goes. :eek:

Yes, it does show Screamin' closed untill january...the thing is that because they don't have a clue on when the ride is going to open again, they will show the ride closed untill the end of the calendar, and untill they have the ride again and estimate a reopening day, they'll keep it that way...

However, if we are optimistic, the ride should be opened someday around octobre if not november...That based on the time that BTMRR took when they had a very similar accident to the one at Screamin' last year (not the fatal one of 2003) and it took around 8 weeks for reopening...also in this weeks MP DL update, they say that Screamin' should be reopened for the Halloween event at DCA...so that's why I think it might not take that much to reopen..........And being pesimistic, The ride has never had a major refurbishment since it opened (something that might had do to with the accident I guess) so it's a possibility that even if they have the ride on their hands and ready to open again, they might keep it closed for the major refurb and it will not open untill someday in 2006 for sure...of course, that's not good for DCA considering the sittuation they have over there....

I just hope they manage to open it soon and running at least untill january and then go on refurb...

pisces
09-13-2005, 10:27 AM
How long would a standard refurbishment take?

It seems like it is more convenient to do it all at the same time.

I don't ride Screamin, so it's easy for me to say this:

Since we are coming up upon the peak Holiday Season, they will get the crowds with, or without Screamin.

It's after the Holiday Season, that they need standard attractions to build crowds during non-Peak periods. IMHO IMHO IMHO

So maybe if they proceed with refurbishment now ---(these next 3 1/2 months) , then by the time off-season comes, and they need crowds......Jan, Feb, March etc.. Screamin will be ready?

Alex S.
09-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Just to be clear that I didn't say that Screamin' would be open for the Halloween events, but rather that if Screamin' were open generally, it would be one of the rides open for the Halloween event.

mariogarza
09-13-2005, 09:03 PM
Since we are coming up upon the peak Holiday Season, they will get the crowds with, or without Screamin.
It's after the Holiday Season, that they need standard attractions to build crowds during non-Peak periods. IMHO IMHO IMHO
So maybe if they proceed with refurbishment now ---(these next 3 1/2 months) , then by the time off-season comes, and they need crowds......Jan, Feb, March etc.. Screamin will be ready?

You got a point there…that makes sense too…So, we’ll just see what happens…

Just to be clear that I didn't say that Screamin' would be open for the Halloween events, but rather that if Screamin' were open generally, it would be one of the rides open for the Halloween event.
:eek:
Oh ok…sorry…I misunderstood…

HydroGuy
09-14-2005, 06:12 AM

It's after the Holiday Season, that they need standard attractions to build crowds during non-Peak periods. IMHO IMHO IMHOThere are a couple reasons why they would want Screamin up during peak Holiday Season.

First, DL is still trying to draw some of those folks from DL over to DCA. When DL is busy during the peak Holidays, having Screamin up can't hurt and can only help get more folks over to DCA.

Second, Screamin is an E-Ticket which sucks up people into the queue. This helps keep lines down at DCA (and DL, assuming they can get folks from DL to DCA). Yes, DCA lines can get very long during peak seasons, contrary to what some would have you believe.

Disneyfreak
09-14-2005, 11:09 AM
Well in my opinion they need to tear down all of DCA. But since that is not an option I would say to address the ugly side of the park. How about a massive theme injection into the park. They could theme California Screamin somehow.

MattyMouse330
09-14-2005, 11:19 AM
...I don't mean to sound like the uninformed one here, but, may I ask, what is "Screamin'"? If it is a ride, could somewhat tell me what happens? Thanks!

TowerofTerror
09-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Screamin is the roller coasters at DCA that has a loop inside the shape of mickey mouse head

MattyMouse330
09-14-2005, 11:34 AM
Screamin is the roller coasters at DCA that has a loop inside the shape of mickey mouse head

OoOoOH! I saw a picture of that :p ! Thanks TowerofTerror! (BTW, great username ;) )

*m

pisces
09-14-2005, 11:44 AM
There are a couple reasons why they would want Screamin up during peak Holiday Season.

First, DL is still trying to draw some of those folks from DL over to DCA. When DL is busy during the peak Holidays, having Screamin up can't hurt and can only help get more folks over to DCA.

Second, Screamin is an E-Ticket which sucks up people into the queue. This helps keep lines down at DCA (and DL, assuming they can get folks from DL to DCA). Yes, DCA lines can get very long during peak seasons, contrary to what some would have you believe.

The only thing about that is ....that in January, what with the Monorail closing down, Pirates closing down.....Haunted Mansion will be down, for a time. MSEP will be gone , for awhile. It just might be nice to offer Screamin in January to make up for all the other closeures....

Also, there's still a lot of attractions at DCA over that way. Mulhulloand and Mali-boomer, both of which I do ride. The Sunwheel, which is a favorite of mine.

And, I'm presuming that Screamin's mouse ears will still be lit up, whether it's open or not.

Darkbeer
09-14-2005, 11:58 AM
Pirates is scheduled to go down in late February/early March.