PDA

View Full Version : The pre-trip anxiety dreams have begun...

Skunker
09-12-2005, 04:32 PM
I have dreamed of DL off and on throughout the years, but it always intensifies before a trip. I have had dreams the last two nights.

The first one was that I forgot to buy passes, then spent the entire day outside of the gates looking for a bathroom. By the time I got to the ticket counter, it was closing time.

Last night it was the HM. They changed everything. The ride vehicle was a golf cart-looking thing, and we went around a big room that looked curiously like my basement with the lights on.....

Therapy anyone? "They're coming to take me away, he he, ha ha, ho ho."

Susan L
09-12-2005, 04:37 PM
You are not alone, I also dream a lot about DL just before we leave.

tinksmom
09-12-2005, 06:19 PM
God, I hate those!!!

I have dreamt that I forgot to buy passes, that I got there and couldn't find the hotel, that I got there and Disneyland was INSIDE and I couldn't find any rides, that the taxi took all day to get from the airport to Disneyland and when I got there Disneyland was gone. . .

mkcbunny
09-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Hmm, let's see ... there was the dream wherein Disneyland was a big, nasty carny with toothless old men running it; then there was the one wherein ghost pirates chased after me and a friend; then there were the better ones where we'd go to DLR and the layout would be all different but still cool. Oh, the list could go on. You are not alone.

But my worst fears about not bringing my pass or other important items [plane tix, anyone?] bother me most when I am wide awake. I have to have a whole checklist to be sure I don't forget those things! LOL.

I Heart Disneyland!
09-12-2005, 08:08 PM
I am SO glad I am not the only one!! Here's my recurring DL nightmare. I go to the park, and I am there ALL day, and never ride on one ride. I just keep walking around with the people I am there with, but I can never get anyone to get on a ride. It's SO frustrating!!!!!!

mkcbunny
09-12-2005, 08:38 PM
I am SO glad I am not the only one!! Here's my recurring DL nightmare. I go to the park, and I am there ALL day, and never ride on one ride. I just keep walking around with the people I am there with, but I can never get anyone to get on a ride. It's SO frustrating!!!!!!
That's my carny dream ... we're walking for miles around this awful carny place looking for "real" Disney rides, and we walk forever and ever and never get to them. We just weave through toothless dudes smoking cigars trying to get us to throw tennis balls at stuffed animals. Yuk.

tinksmom
09-13-2005, 05:49 AM
That's my carny dream ... we're walking for miles around this awful carny place looking for "real" Disney rides, and we walk forever and ever and never get to them. We just weave through toothless dudes smoking cigars trying to get us to throw tennis balls at stuffed animals. Yuk.

That's one of my dreams!!!! On a similar note, there are a bunch of carny rides in the esplanade and you are forced at gunpoint to ride those before you can go through the gates!!!!

Skunker
09-13-2005, 06:34 AM

Add me to list, that is a dream I have had before many times!!! I wonder what is wrong with all of us? ha ha, just kidding.

dws_60
09-16-2005, 10:52 AM
hey all
i dont have bad dreams about disney but our daughter always had a few nights before a visit: like there were no boats for its a small world, or that it was raining so much the castle was falling apart in mud... or meeting people but instead just going shopping all day... a long time ago she dreamed that disneyland was a big its a small world with in the center of it a revolving statue of ariels dad...
but last time she went it was the trip was such a nightmare itself that she thought she was dreaming it!
take care all
David

Whittibo
09-16-2005, 10:58 AM
But my worst fears about not bringing my pass or other important items [plane tix, anyone?]

WHOA!! Thanks for this post. I just put my passes in my suitcase! I am sure I (probably) would have remembered them?? :confused:

CptJackSparrow
09-16-2005, 11:01 AM
It started with my 7 yr old boy last night. He was mad we woke him up for school because he was having a good dream about the trip next month. We are very excited to go for 6 full days with nothing else to do but enjoy the park and the Grand Californian.

vmjess
09-16-2005, 11:59 AM
I had a dream last night that we drove all the way down there and left my 7 year old son at home so he had to fly to DL by himself. Our trip was spent arranging flights and waiting at the airport rather than going on rides and eating the yummy junk food we love so much.

I always have these crazy dreams before we go!!

Skunker
09-16-2005, 12:20 PM
Oh my gosh, I can understand the "forgot the son" dreams...Hubby and I went to Vegas alone when our son was 8 months old. We left him with his grandmas....so he was being spoiled rotten. I still had so much anxiety over leaving him that I had terrible dreams before the trip. I dreamed we landed in Vegas and I suddenly remembered we forgot him and left him in his crib and he'd been there crying and hungry for hours, etc.

disneyhound
09-16-2005, 12:26 PM
I had a nightmare that my next trip to Disneyland was over 100 days away, I woke up in a cold sweat...

Skunker
09-16-2005, 12:37 PM
I had a nightmare that my next trip to Disneyland was over 100 days away, I woke up in a cold sweat...

HA! You are a gas!

squuggy
09-16-2005, 04:03 PM
Okay, my latest Disneyland dream was particularly odd. Everything about Disneyland was ordinary except for the fact that you couldn't walk around. The whole park was arranged on a series of concentric rings that spun around the hub. To get from one place to another you had to jump from one rotating ring to another. It was a bit like being trapped on the Mad Tea Party. At first it was completely disorienting, but later on I had mastered it and could jump from Pirates to IASW in two steps. Pretty nifty.