PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report: Rope Drop and Maynard on my bday!

richas
09-12-2005, 03:10 PM
My best friend from high school and I went to Disney last week for our bdays, 9/7 and 9/8. She is not "one of us", but agreed to get up early and go to the park on my bday. We were front and center at the end of Main Street waiting patiently for the Rope Drop. A kind cast member heard it was my special day and let ME announce the park opening! I was thrilled to stand on the other side of the rope and shout "Disneyland is open!". I doubt anyone actually heard me, but it was a real treat! The next day, I saw tne Famous Maynard at Disney 50 year show! He was nice enough to sing a little song for us about invisable babies in strollers ;-) This was a special trip for us since we left our kids abnd hubbies home and we stayed at the GCH (great AP rate!)-- I usually stay off property. Thanks to all of you at MP fo the info and tips I have seen here. Unfortunately, I found ALL the great choclate at Disney that I read about here a couple weeks ago -- it's ALL good!

THpoohbear
09-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Unfortunately, I found ALL the great choclate at Disney that I read about here a couple weeks ago -- it's ALL good!

:p It's great you had such a special celebration. I bed the chocolate helped make everything that much more enjoyable. ;)