PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Disneyland & DCA

Pat-n-Eil
09-12-2005, 02:14 PM
I decided to take the my son and his friend & my daughter and her boyfriend to Paramount's Great America saturday. Obviously, these parks lack the theming and the ambiance of a Disney park, but I wanted a little more thrill in my rides. Boy was I disappointed.

Having been to Disneyland Resort just this past August, the memories were fresh. After visiting PGA, I really missed Calfornia Screamin'.. This is a great coaster.

My biggest pet peeve was that my daughter's boyfriend and I could not fit on several of the coasters. Mostly the ones that had a little seat belt that comes up between your legs and clicks into the pull down bar. Almost every other train had folks who were not able to squeeze into the cars. I admit that I'm overweight, but my daughter's boyfriend (6' 4" and probably 250#) was either too tall or had too long a torso.

It looks like a pretty easy fix on these too. I wish they'd put a sample of the car out in front of the attraction so folks could see if they fit before standing in line for 60 to 90 minutes and finding out they can't ride.. FRUSTRATING.

So THANK YOU Disney! I have not yet found a ride that wouldn't accomodate me and anyone in my family.. I wish Intamin, Valkoma and the other coaster manufacturers would size their rides for real American body types..

vmjess
09-12-2005, 02:21 PM
We go to Paramounts Great America about 5 -6 times per year ( We have season passes to - they are only 20 minutes from our house and you can get a season pass for around $50.00) and every time I go it reminds me how great Disneyland and DCA are. The food, the theming, the cleanliness, the nicer restrooms, the characters, the entertainment, the parades, I could go on and on!!! PGA is great for a half day outing with the kids- they have a decent water park inside, but it is not even comprable to DL and DCA in my opinion. I can't tell you how many times I have walked by a broken fence or grafitti or trash and thought "you'd NEVER see that at Disney!" My 6 year old broke his arm there this summer and they could not even round up an ice pack for him! We are leaving for DL in 14 days and after a summer of PGA it will be even better!

matt5172
09-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Yes, most everything in life makes me think, "Why am I not at Disneyland right now?"

HydroGuy
09-12-2005, 02:54 PM
I decided to take the my son and his friend & my daughter and her boyfriend to Paramount's Great America saturday. Obviously, these parks lack the theming and the ambiance of a Disney park, but I wanted a little more thrill in my rides. Boy was I disappointed.Hi Pat&Eil, we just had a similar experience. After four days at DLR in August, we went to Six Flags Elitch Gardens in Denver over Labor Day weekend. We stay at DLR until midnight, but after three hours at Elitches I was ready to leave. And it wasn't even very crowded or very hot. We ended up staying for 5-6 hours, and then spent an hour at their adjacent water park. I did not make a single comment about DL, but my kids sure did as we left. Nothing compares to Disneyland.

tod
09-12-2005, 03:04 PM
The tod Family went to Sea World in San Diego Labor Day weekend and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

The place was clean, very clean. One could say immaculate. The bathrooms were a bit untidy from more-use-than-maintenance, but that was the only shortcoming.

They had a serious commitment to hiring the handicapped. I saw uniformed workers in walkers and in wheelchairs.

They had free beer. Okay, in four-ounce glasses, two to a customer, and it was all Anheuser-Busch products, so they kept overindulgence to a minimum (although there was nothing stopping you from coming back in an hour or so and getting two more free mini-beers, and TLMt and I did just that).

You could do worse than Sea World.

--t