PDA

View Full Version : Oct 2nd, should we go to DL?

disneyfn
09-12-2005, 11:55 AM
Found out that we will be at Disneyland on Oct 2nd. However I also saw that the CHOC walk was that day at DL also. It says 12,000 people will be there at 7am. Will there be any parking for those who want to just go to the park and where will the line up for park entry be?Anyone been to DL when this CHOC walk happened? When will the parking garage open? Also will the park open for everyone at the same time or just walkers? Any info will be appreciated. :confused:

hlbtimes2
09-12-2005, 12:23 PM
What is CHOC?

Clotho
09-12-2005, 12:36 PM
I don't know what CHOC is, but I know Gay Days will be going on that weekend. Oct 2 is slated to be DCA day.

OCCOBRA
09-12-2005, 01:36 PM
CHOC is Childrens Hospital of Orange County.

Skunker
09-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Are you serious? I get one vacation in 5 years, plan if for a "low time" and there are going to be 12,000 extra people there? (I know, I know, it's not all about me...dammit)

CariBelle
09-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Here's a link to the event website: http://www.choc.com/chocwalk/walk_main.cfm

and their info:
On the morning of October 2nd, the Disneyland Resort will open its doors to over 12,000 walkers raising money to support children’s healthcare at the 15th Annual CHOC/Disneyland Resort Walk in the Park. This event, which benefits Children’s Hospital of Orange County (CHOC) and CHOC at Mission, provides fun-filled, unforgettable experience perfect for all ages.

Walkers have the unique opportunity to stroll through Disneyland park and Disney’s California Adventure park before they officially open for the day, and will be greeted by special Disney friends along the way. After the Walk, the festivities will be underway in the Downtown Disney District, where shops, restaurants and booths will offer more fun for everyone! In addition, the Disneyland Resort will offer to walkers with wristbands a specially priced $46 park-hopper passport to return to Disneyland park and Disney’s California Adventure park (valid October 2 – 31, 2005 only.)*

I don't know if the walkers get to stay in the park after the walk finishes.

hlbtimes2
09-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Sounds like they would need to purchase teh $46 hopper or have an a/p to be able to stay for the day. I would plan on going later in the day, not first thing in the AM.

nursemelis374
09-12-2005, 02:37 PM
I was planning on going Friday September 30th to DL and then Saturday the 1st bouncing between DCA and DLR. How do you think these events will affect my visit?

tmshpkns
09-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Wow, there's also two big product releases that weekend. NBC Pins on Saturday and MM Club 50th Anniversary Merch on Sun. Looks like a VERY busy weekend.

Tom

Darkbeer
09-12-2005, 05:09 PM
Don't forget, Gay Days (an unofficial event) is alos held that weekend, Saturday the 1st at Disneyland, Sunday the 2nd at DCA..... Plus Ralph Brennan's Friday night, and House of Blues Saturday Night.

RemainSeatedPlease
09-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Hmm bummer about the more crowds! We are going that weekend for my 18th bday on the 1st! But it will still be super fun, and does HMHoliday open that weekend also?! ...i think it does

Rteneyck
09-13-2005, 01:53 PM
WOW, I am glad I changed my dates. Those dates around that time of October seem to have a lot of stuff going on.

Chadsgal
09-13-2005, 02:23 PM
My DH and I may be going durring the first week of Oct about the 5-8 give or take a couple days and I just tried to get a room at one of the DLR hotels and they are ALL booked for the 7th NO ROOMS WHAT SO EVER!!! I knew about the goings on for the weekend of the 1st but anyone know why the 7th is booked??

Darkbeer
09-13-2005, 02:33 PM
The 7th is the start of a three day weekend, since Monday, October 10th is Columbus Day, a Federal Holiday.

Chadsgal
09-13-2005, 03:11 PM
The 7th is the start of a three day weekend, since Monday, October 10th is Columbus Day, a Federal Holiday.

DUH!! I work at a Credit Union and I have that day off and I couldn't figure that out I am such a dork! LOL :D

charpaul
09-13-2005, 09:41 PM
the CHOC walk people do this every year - it is BEFORE Disney opens and most of them do NOT return to the park after it is over.
They GayDays crowd is big - but not hard to work around.
Most are at DL on Sat. and DCA on Sunday.
If you are going to be there that weekend just do the parks in the opposite order and you will avoid most of the crowds.