PDA

View Full Version : Omg, $56?

potterphreak
09-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Phew, that's more than I expected for Fantasmic! buffet seating. Especially since the food doesn't look great, LOL. No cancellations either. <sigh> Still waiting to hear from Zoeys mom on whether or not Zoey can go, so hopefully we will know by then, because no refunds/cancellations. LOL
If I buy 4 seats and Zoey CAN'T go, anyone on here wanting to buy it for Sunday 11/27?
HAHAHAHAHA!

Stupid_American
09-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Went quite a while ago; it was $49.

Although I don't plan it again soon, I didn't feel bad about spending it once.
Just eat lot's of the great desserts! :D

MrsG
09-11-2005, 11:58 AM
Phew, that's more than I expected for Fantasmic! buffet seating.
It is highway robbery. We only allow ourselves to be robbed every 2-3 years.

hlbtimes2
09-11-2005, 12:22 PM
We only went once, it was in 1995. Back then it was still pretty new, and no one really knew about it. I think it was $35. My husband, not realizing how much it is now said we should do it this trip. We are a family of 4, plus his 2 parents. NO WAY I'm spending $300 for us to watch F!. Just aint gonna happen. LOL

Whittibo
09-11-2005, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I found out it was going to be $260 for RIVERFRONT seats.. (only would have saved us $20) but my gosh, I could spend almost two more nights in our hotel for that much money! I would rather stay longer, then have a chair for Fantasmic! :s

I just wish I was rich, and money wasn't an issue. Ahhh.. life would be nice wouldn't it?

kohl
09-11-2005, 12:34 PM
Did you already buy them?

passthepixiedust
09-11-2005, 12:45 PM
we decided last minute not to reserve seats ($224 for me and three kids!) and we ended up walking past the riverfront on our way somewhere else and spotting seats RIGHT in front of Riverfront reserved seating ! Yes, we did have to sit there to save them for about an hour... but for us, on a budget, that hour was definately worth the $224 we saved (especially since one of the kids slept through the whole thing)! They really were great seats though.

rentayenta
09-11-2005, 01:54 PM
$56 is a lot of money. I would do it though if they served food food and not dessert. My weirdo kids would rather eat pasta and chicken instead of cheesecake and cookies.

experiment626
09-11-2005, 02:44 PM
This is something I would love to treat myself too. If I ever make to DIsneyland on a solo trip, I will likely do it.

Malcon10t
09-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Phew, that's more than I expected for Fantasmic! buffet seating. Especially since the food doesn't look great, LOL. No cancellations either. <sigh> Still waiting to hear from Zoeys mom on whether or not Zoey can go, so hopefully we will know by then, because no refunds/cancellations. LOL
If I buy 4 seats and Zoey CAN'T go, anyone on here wanting to buy it for Sunday 11/27?
HAHAHAHAHA!On the Riverfront, they have cookies and chocolate covered strawberries. They have a shortbread cookie with strawberry filling that is incredible. The rice krispies are ok, the biscotti is great, but the strawberries are GREAT. The hot chocolate there is great too. And, the girls will be treated like little princesses!

potterphreak
09-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Ok, so what's this Riverfront thing you guys are talking about? Is that different that the dessert buffet or is it the same? My concerns for wanting to do the buffet:
We are going the Sunday-Wednesday after Thanksgiving and F! is only showing Sunday night and I am assuming it will be SUPER busy. Would like really nice reserved seats for the show AND get a good view of the fireworks which are new to us and will be DHs and Zoeys ONLY viewing of these fireworks.
Suggestions? Other than sitting around saving space for a few hours? Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, btu DH doesn't really "feel as much magic" as one would hope and would be VERY crabby having to sit and wait (yep, he's one of those "snap at strangers" kind of people) and he definitely wouldn't want to take the 2 girls out on his own while I held seats. If it was just Del, he would be ok, but he gets really skittish with other peoples kids, LOL.
TIA!

kohl
09-11-2005, 07:38 PM
They have two seating places for Fanasmic! that you can reserve. They are the $56 seats. They have the balcony seats (the first ones to sell out) and the Riverfront seats. They both cost $56, but you get a discount for the kids at the Riverfront seats. They both serve the dessert buffet. I have never done balcony (yet!), but had a great time on the Riverfront seats. I was on such a sugar high after that. Make sure to save A LOT of room for dessert :D

tinkluver
09-11-2005, 08:22 PM
What desserts do they offer for the balcony seating of F! ?

potterphreak
09-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Wow, 2 different seatings!!! Sounds great! Has anyone done both and can you tell me which one you prefer??? Thanks!!
Also, can you stay for Fireworks?

JeffG
09-11-2005, 08:44 PM
If you attend the first show of the night, they do allow you to stay for the fireworks, which start immediately afterwards. In fact, I believe they strongly encourage you to do so, as it isn't really advisable to try and push through the crowds during the fireworks.

Keep in mind that New Orleans Square isn't a very good location for viewing the current fireworks show, though. You will miss a lot of effects that are really only evident from Main Street.

-Jeff

potterphreak
09-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Well Jeff, that just sent a big "boober" my way, LOL! I don't know that I am willing to pay $224 for bad firework seats. Hmmm we shall see, I guess. Thanks for the info, really helps make a more "educated" decision.

:D

DaddyB
09-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Good grief, have they changed it again?

In June the riverfront seats were a boxed dessert and cost less than the Gallery Balcony seating. The Disney Gallery Balcony seating was $52 plus tax (equalling $56) and included an all-you-care-to-eat dessert buffet. The dessert buffet was GRAND.

Someone needs to call guest relations or Disney Dining or something just to make sure what it is now that it's off-season.

experiment626
09-13-2005, 07:25 AM
As far as I remember both were always the same and about the same as admission (NUTS!!). The riverfront however, has a kids price where there balacony doesn't.

09-13-2005, 07:36 AM
Why, potterphreak, have you forgotten? In Disneyland all money is fairydust that makes the magic happen.

So go. Enjoy. No worries about the moola.

Mrs. Newseditor44
09-13-2005, 08:55 AM
For that amount of money, I expect souffles and champagne!

richas
09-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Well, I just did the Fantasmic Dessert Balcony last Friday, 9/9. I forgot to bring the EXACT credit card that I ordered the tickets on and Guset Services basically said,"Too bad for you"! When the tears welled up in my eyes, she said she would remove the origianl charge on card A and charge card B (which I had). BUT-- this kicked me out of a good seat (they are sold and arranged in the oder seats are sold and I was one of the first persons to call 30 days out) and put me in the rear! After complaing at City Hall, I was put back in my origianl space, but it took about an hour! So, the seating was nice and the cheese cake was great, but no way would I do this for my family of four! I was with my best friend from high school and it was a one time event for me!

Dont' forget to bring the credit card you used to reserve your seats!!!!!

crazi4dlr
09-13-2005, 01:40 PM
My DH and I did the balcony seating in June for our anniversary. After that, I would rather buy the chocolate covered strawberry (which by the way, they didn't have) and a coke from MS and go sit by the riverfront. What a rip off. Now, if it were dinner on the balcony with the show, it would be worth more, but honestly, what could they possibly serve to eat in DL that is worth $56/person. I'll spend my money on much more tangible stuff from now on thank you.

Malcon10t
09-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Good grief, have they changed it again?

In June the riverfront seats were a boxed dessert and cost less than the Gallery Balcony seating. The Disney Gallery Balcony seating was $52 plus tax (equalling $56) and included an all-you-care-to-eat dessert buffet. The dessert buffet was GRAND.

Someone needs to call guest relations or Disney Dining or something just to make sure what it is now that it's off-season.We've been doing the Riverfront Fantasmic for 4 years, at least once every 3-4 months, and it has always been the same price as the Gallery (it was $49, the $53, and now $56.) They had a boxed dessert back in 2002, but changed in 2003 to a buffet setting. It is an all you can eat and drink. We did it 3 or 4 times in July and it was always the buffet, as it was in May and dec 2004. (And july 2004.) We don't do the Gallery because we travel with a service dog, and it was too cramped and clausterphobic for my daughter with the dog.

MrsG
09-13-2005, 04:30 PM
And you don't get cheesecake :eek: at Riverfront seating.