PDA

View Full Version : Visiting DL in December

sulley
09-11-2005, 09:41 AM
Hi!

We are thinking of visiting DL in December for a few days. Can someone tell me what the weather is like? Does it rain all the time? If it rains, does the park close completely or do they just close the rides that are outside? We have been to DL a lot but we always go in the summer time and we have never had to deal with rain.

thanks!

Malcon10t
09-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Hi!

We are thinking of visiting DL in December for a few days. Can someone tell me what the weather is like? Does it rain all the time? If it rains, does the park close completely or do they just close the rides that are outside? We have been to DL a lot but we always go in the summer time and we have never had to deal with rain.

thanks!Last year was the first year in 7 it rained during our Christmas trip. Rain there isn't that bad. We rode Screaming in the rain. It was fun. Most people head out when it rains, we throw on ponchos and keep on riding. Bring ponchos with you. The $1.50 ones form WalMart are just like the DLR ones ($6) except they don't say "DLR" on the back.

Stupid_American
09-11-2005, 10:47 AM
Predicting the weather ....... :rolleyes:

Southern California usually has very mild winters.
The temps should be in the 60s.
A day or two of rain, then none for a week or two.

If you can schedule a few days, with optional days for visiting, you can probably dodge any rain.
But, be prepared for just about any weather!

I can't remember anything closed down last time I went in the rain.
You just do everything wet!
It wasn't all that bad.

disneyhound
09-11-2005, 12:20 PM
We go every year in early January. Only once in the past 5 years has rain been a factor, and that was last year. Bring a dollar store poncho and stick it in your back-pack. Last year it poured during one of our days in the park, really thinned out the crowds. We love the rain, get about 100" a year up here, so the weather in Anaheim is real easy on us! Go For It!

DisneyQB
09-11-2005, 05:14 PM
We went to Disneyland the past two years on the first weekend of December. Both times it rained on one of the days for about 1/2 the day. There were no lines and it almost seemed we had the park to ourselves. The poncho idea from Wal-Mart is a good one. We bought the Disneyland ponchos because we got caught off guard the first year, brought them the second time.

We saw the weather forecast predicted possible rain last year, so we decked our kids out with rain boots. They loved it and could go on all rides.

One ride that really had issues was Dumbo, it had about 3 inches of water in each car (elephant), meaning those without rain boots got their shoes soaked.

I'd say don't let the rain deter you. Go and have fun, just be prepared.

sulley
09-12-2005, 09:52 AM
Thanks everyone! I think we are going to do it! We are looking at 12/16-12/18. That would give us 3 days in the parks....I could use more, just not a good time to take off of work!

Thanks again! Ya'll are great!