PDA

View Full Version : Does mouseplanet.com use travelnow.com, then ...

FatAl
09-11-2005, 08:48 AM
Does mouseplanet.com uses travelnow.com, then travelnow.com uses expedia.com. If it's so, then it caused me lots of anxiety and frustration on the day that I checked in. If not, my apology.

I used mouseplanet.com to book Tropicana Inn and Suites on Sept 2, 2005, Friday. I received two emails from travelnow.com afterwared. The first one said that I needed to wait 24 hours for the confirmation (which I did not like at all) and the second one told me to called Tropicana directly). I called Tropicana about what was happening. Tropicana asked me if I were the person making the reservation through expedia.com. I said NO.

Later on the same day or night, I sent email to travelnow.com for suggestions. Travelnow told me to book through either mouseplanet or travelnow again. Of course, I did the next best thing by calling Tropicana Inn and Suites again to book directly.

Two days later, I arrived at Annaheim. The front desk told me that I might double booked at check-in. The person at front desk only let me paid with the room which I booked directly because he afraid that other person with the same name might showed up. Somehow, I managed to ask him for the confirmation number from expedia.com which presumably was the other person with the same name and the same number of kids with the same ages. Confused yet? I was at that moment and frustrated too. Somehow, I decided to not let the frustration ruled my day. After all, it's only MONEY!

(I have never received any email from expedia.com up till now, and I always book through AAA in the past.)

After 4 pm, I returned to Tropicana Inn and Suites to pick up the key. The front desk told me I was actually double booked. I don't want to bother you all with the rest of the frustration with my otherwise perfect vacation that occurs once every four years long distance trip to Disneyland with my wife and children since 1974. All I can say is Tropicana Inn and Suites bent over backward of helping to ease my frustration by calling expedia.com and who else for an hour. Since, expedia.com already charged my credit card. The best that the front desk could do was to reverse the charge occured early in the morning, and to give me the expedia.com rate which I had no idea how much it was. I still don't know how much it was.

FatAl
09-15-2005, 05:05 PM
I am just answering my own post. So please forgive me.

To-day, I received email from travelnow.com (being used by mouseplanet) about working together with expedia.com. In fact, I am being offered $80 voucher for my next booking through hotels.com (with some restriction). I am waiting for the voucher to arrive.

According to the email:
"... I apologize for the miscommunication that has happened
here. We are joining forces with Expedia and have
experienced a few "hiccups" but we are correcting
those now. Your reservation actually did confirm but
I have gone in and released all your funds back to
your ... "

stan4d_steph
09-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Glad to hear things are getting resolved for you. I hope you have a great trip.