PDA

View Full Version : Park Vue Inn thoughts?

disneyhound
09-11-2005, 06:20 AM
Anyone stay at the Park Vue Inn lately? I have read the reviews here and elsewhere, just fishing for new opinions. The hotel was remodeled last year. I like it's location, but have never stayed on the property. Thanks :)

Viva La Disney
09-11-2005, 06:32 AM
I've stayed there on occasion. I say go for it! I really liked it there it was really convenient :)

DisneylandForever
09-11-2005, 07:24 AM
I stay there from time to time. It's a pretty average hotel to me. Nothing great or horrible about it, with the exception of its location.

disneyhound
09-11-2005, 08:40 AM
We have stayed at several of the hotels right across the street, but not this one; Viva, do you recall what the free breakfast is? DLF, I use a hotel as a place to sleep, so I can relate to your comment, nothing special is needed for us either. We do not need mints on our pillows at night; just a launch pad to get to the park! Thanks for the response.

Viva La Disney
09-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Viva, do you recall what the free breakfast is?

It's nothing impressive, like toast and donuts and stuff. I would say that it more of a thing that you should go to if you want to grab a snack and go across to the park.

disneyhound
09-11-2005, 12:15 PM
It's nothing impressive, like toast and donuts and stuff...
Sounds similar to other descriptions and what I have experienced with "Free" breakfast. Just a snack to get you going...

kimmer e7
09-11-2005, 05:45 PM
We are booked there Nov 14-21/05!!! We often stay at the Desert Inn, but this one was $10- a nite cheaper. A client of mine stayed there a few months back and said for the purpose of resting from the parks, it is fine. Not the Ritz, but great because of the closeness!

Hope this helps!

bhbob
09-11-2005, 06:29 PM
I stayed there this past July for 6 nights during the 50th. Actually, I've stayed there many times before, because you can't beat the price and the fact it's right at the crosswalk to Disneyland! It's Motel 6 quality but I don't care because it's just a place to sleep and shower so I can get back across the street. :D Nice check in and out, room was good size, bathroom was clean, (didn't see a single bug) and the shower head was not a water conserving one, WOW what a rush! I slept great each night, (maybe that was because I was at Disneyland for 16 hours each day! ) :D :D :D The breakfast is... donuts and other pasteries (yummy), bananas, coffee, orange juice, cereal. I always grabbed some OJ, donuts and headed out to the park with a banana in my pocket to eat as I stood in line to get in. :)

sdfilmcritic
09-12-2005, 04:06 AM
I stayed there for one night when I had gone to a concert at the House of Blues in Downtown Disney. It's okay for a short term stay, but I couldn't imagine myself being there for a long term vacation.

stan4d_steph
09-12-2005, 06:09 AM
If you've recently stayed at the Park Vue Inn, please consider submitting a review to the MousePlanet Review Database. Here's a link to the Park Vue Inn page (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrparkvueinn).

The recent review there from August 2005 indicates that the renovation is improving some of the previously bad conditions at this hotel. If you stay there, you might want to make a point of indicating you would like to get a renovated room.

disneyhound
09-12-2005, 06:33 AM
We are booked there Nov 14-21/05!!! We often stay at the Desert Inn, but this one was $10- a nite cheaper. A client of mine stayed there a few months back and said for the purpose of resting from the parks, it is fine. Not the Ritz, but great because of the closeness!

Hope this helps!

Thanks kimmer; I would also appreciate your spin on the new and improved Park Vue when you get back! Don't eat all the danish before we get there!

Thanks bhbob, you described just what we look for in a hotel for our DL vacation, a place to crash. Hey, is that a banana... LOL