PDA

View Full Version : Why is DCA Closing Early the Last Two Weekends in October?

RideMax Mark
09-10-2005, 08:09 PM
OK, I was just updating the RideMax calendar for October, and notice that DCA is scheduled to close at 6pm on Fri-Sat the last two weekends in October. Does anyone know what's going on? Can I hope that this is just a typo on their calendar?

The thing that has me concerned is that every public school in Utah is out on October 20-21 (Thursday-Friday), with some schools out on Monday the 24th as well, so I'm thinking the place will be pretty packed that weekend.

Closing at 6:00 seems to be asking for trouble to me! :eek:

adriennek
09-10-2005, 08:13 PM
OK, I was just updating the RideMax calendar for October, and notice that DCA is scheduled to close at 6pm on Fri-Sat the last two weekends in October. Does anyone know what's going on? Can I hope that this is just a typo on their calendar?

The thing that has me concerned is that every public school in Utah is out on October 20-21 (Thursday-Friday), with some schools out on Monday the 24th as well, so I'm thinking the place will be pretty packed that weekend.

Closing at 6:00 seems to be asking for trouble to me! :eek:

Those are the nights of the hard-ticket Halloween event that is being held at DCA. I can't remember the name of it but tickets have been on-sale for some time. Ours arrived weeks ago.

Adrienne

Edited to add: For more information, scroll down to Events on the MousePlanet Disneyland Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr050906.htm) page for "Mickey's Halloween Treat".

RideMax Mark
09-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Ahh... got it. Thanks Adrienne.

This "collision of events" could be very interesting! :rolleyes:

Cat03
09-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Is there any information on how those of us who do not hold annual passes can obtain tickets for the event? I believe I saw that general tickets go on sale on Sept 15th but where can I go (or call) to actually purchase? Do you think they'll sell out immediately? My daughter and I already have our trip booked to come down on one of those weekends, so I really want to be able to get the Treat tickets!

TowerofTerror
09-10-2005, 10:12 PM
well ap`s can buy the ticket already but the rest cant get until September 15th

evrythngwmn
09-11-2005, 09:06 AM
I think once they go on sale on September 15th what's left will go pretty fast. I'd jump on it pretty fast when sales open that day.

BalooNumberTwo
09-11-2005, 09:50 AM

Ahh yes....the annual "everybody in Utah go to Disneyland resort weekend" I thought that i only had to worry about southern california schools being out.

rentayenta
09-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Ahh yes....the annual "everybody in Utah go to Disneyland resort weekend" I thought that i only had to worry about southern california schools being out.

Yes, it's UEA weekend in Utah. I know of 5 families planning on visiting the Mouse that weekend. My friend at GetAwayToday says that they are swamped.

Leash81
09-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Is there any information on how those of us who do not hold annual passes can obtain tickets for the event? I believe I saw that general tickets go on sale on Sept 15th but where can I go (or call) to actually purchase? Do you think they'll sell out immediately? My daughter and I already have our trip booked to come down on one of those weekends, so I really want to be able to get the Treat tickets!

I don't know for sure but I assume that you could buy them on the Disneyland website.

Cat03
09-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the replies - I have to work that day (the 15th) so I hope they open up ticket sales early so I can purchase before I head in. Wish me luck! :)

One other question - do you think restaurants, hmm and all attractions for that matter, within DCA will be open during the Treat? The more I think about it, the more questions pop into my head!

Leap for Joy
09-11-2005, 06:59 PM
Oh Man! That's when we're supposed to be there. I totally forgot to check the UEA dates, dumb mistake after growing up in Utah! :rolleyes:

mkraemer
09-11-2005, 08:02 PM
The thing that has me concerned is that every public school in Utah is out on October 20-21 (Thursday-Friday), with some schools out on Monday the 24th as well, so I'm thinking the place will be pretty packed that weekend.Hooooweee! We're got a five-day weekend 10/13-17 and then we decided to not turn around and come back down again (heck, it *is* 400 miles each way) the next weekend for the Halloween Treat...so we're coming the 28/29th. Turns out that it was a Good Choice!! :D

mkraemer
09-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Yes, it's UEA weekend in Utah. I know of 5 families planning on visiting the Mouse that weekend. My friend at GetAwayToday says that they are swamped.

What's UEA?

MagicB4Money
09-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Good question. Utah Education Something? I know that we went once in October and it was fall break for lots of schools and it was absolutely swamped at DL.

Uncle Remus
09-11-2005, 09:57 PM
they are slowly phasing out DCA.

uvsc_wolverine
09-11-2005, 11:10 PM
UEA is Utah Educators Association (it's a teacher's union thing). I'm a college student in Provo, UT (I go to Utah Valley State College) and I'm planning on going to DL during UEA break. The best part is that my roommates go to BYU which is a private college, and they don't get UEA break. So while I'm in DL, they'll be in class!

BTW I went during UEA break last year as well, and there isn't really much crowding to speak of due to the Utah vacation. I never saw lines going out of the queues, and I never waited more than 30 minutes in line - except for Splash which was 45 minutes for some strange reason. Indy was only about 20 minutes the whole three days I was there.

RideMax Mark
09-12-2005, 06:29 AM
Last year UEA weekend fell on the same weekend as Halloween, which may have kept more folks home last year.

I'm expecting that weekend this year to be pretty crazy crowd-wise. I just hope Disney "gears up" a bit for this -- in previous years I've heard stories of Disney calling in CM's to work at the last minute due to the crowds being larger than they had expected. :eek:

BalooNumberTwo
09-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Last year UEA weekend fell on the same weekend as Halloween, which may have kept more folks home last year.

I'm expecting that weekend this year to be pretty crazy crowd-wise. I just hope Disney "gears up" a bit for this -- in previous years I've heard stories of Disney calling in CM's to work at the last minute due to the crowds being larger than they had expected. :eek:

Wow...i can only hope for a UEA weekend like last year then...we have been planning this trip to DL For 2 years Saving and Saving...we chose October because we figured somewhat smaller crowds. I have been to DL when its packed and i don't wanna have to deal with that crazyness...

Actually the last time we went to DL It rained, the park cleared out and we felt like we were on top of the world... the only other people we saw were people from our area...Seattle....lol

jrad32
09-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Hooooweee! We're got a five-day weekend 10/13-17 and then we decided to not turn around and come back down again (heck, it *is* 400 miles each way) the next weekend for the Halloween Treat...so we're coming the 28/29th. Turns out that it was a Good Choice!! :D

On the 28th and 29th you'll likely find some Nevadans in the park. The 28th is Nevada Day, a day off for all schools.