PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Decorations

SoCalSteven
09-10-2005, 12:16 PM
Anyone know if the holiday decorations are going up as normal? A while back I had head that they might not be because of the 50th decorations. Anyone know anything for sure?

When do they normally go up?

Nancy
09-10-2005, 05:08 PM
It would be cool if they had decorations from the 1950' era for this years Christmas celebration!!!

Monte Cristo
09-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Anyone know if the holiday decorations are going up as normal? A while back I had head that they might not be because of the 50th decorations. Anyone know anything for sure?

When do they normally go up?

Yes, holiday decorations are going up as per normal. In fact, they're even adding the popular "White Christmas" snowfall at the end of the fireworks show each night during the season.

Usually the entire park is fully decorated by Nov. 5th - this year, however IASWH won't be up and running until Nov. 11th. I don't know if that means park decorations will also be delayed by a week.

Incidentally, the only holiday offering not running until late November is the Christmas parade.

SoCalSteven
09-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Yes, holiday decorations are going up as per normal. In fact, they're even adding the popular "White Christmas" snowfall at the end of the fireworks show each night during the season.

Usually the entire park is fully decorated by Nov. 5th - this year, however IASWH won't be up and running until Nov. 11th. I don't know if that means park decorations will also be delayed by a week.

Incidentally, the only holiday offering not running until late November is the Christmas parade.
Wonderful. Everything will go as planned. :D

sierranevada
09-10-2005, 07:38 PM
When will they add the snow to the end of the fireworks?

Monte Cristo
09-11-2005, 08:38 PM
When will they add the snow to the end of the fireworks?

Last season they had the snow running by the end of the first week of November. As I stated previously, though, if IASWH isn't up and running until the 11th, I don't know if that means every other holiday decoration and event gets the same start time.

mariogarza
09-11-2005, 09:08 PM

But is the snow for sure??? I had the idea that it was only on the holiday fireworks show...Believe...In Holiday Magic....will they make that for Remember???

stan4d_steph
09-12-2005, 06:32 AM
But is the snow for sure??? I had the idea that it was only on the holiday fireworks show...Believe...In Holiday Magic....will they make that for Remember???Today's MousePlanet DL Update indicates there are still ongoing discussions about whether to do the Remember fireworks with snow or the tradition holiday Believe. Either way, there will be snow. :)

disneyhound
09-12-2005, 06:41 AM
Last season they had the snow running by the end of the first week of November. As I stated previously, though, if IASWH isn't up and running until the 11th, I don't know if that means every other holiday decoration and event gets the same start time.
Hey MC; do you know how soon they start to remove the hoilday decore. We are going to be in DL on the 5th of January. Just wondering if the park will still have that holiday look to it. We have never been at Christmas time. We have always missed the overlays to HM and IASW, we will be able to enjoy those this year for the first time as they do not get removed until the 9th! :D

pisces
09-12-2005, 07:28 AM
Today's MousePlanet DL Update indicates there are still ongoing discussions about whether to do the Remember fireworks with snow or the tradition holiday Believe. Either way, there will be snow. :)

Woo hooo......where do I write? Where do I send the petiton?

I got them to bring back the Electrical Parade......with that one petition....now for Believe...

pisces
09-12-2005, 07:30 AM
Hey MC; do you know how soon they start to remove the hoilday decore. We are going to be in DL on the 5th of January. Just wondering if the park will still have that holiday look to it. We have never been at Christmas time. We have always missed the overlays to HM and IASW, we will be able to enjoy those this year for the first time as they do not get removed until the 9th! :D

I'm trying to figure out if January 2, 2006 (Monday) is an official holiday. Usually, when New Years falls on a Sunday.....the following Monday is a legal Holiday.

The last time New Years fell on a Sunday was 2000, and I can't remember if the following Monday was a legal holiday, or not.

Their hours are reduced, only by about 1 hour each opening or closing......so they might not consider that a Holiday, yet Government offices, and such, may.

meagee
09-12-2005, 08:57 AM
My work gets Monday, Jan 2 off so I figure it must be an official holiday. We don't get any extra days off just for fun, only what they feel they HAVE to give us.

mariogarza
09-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Today's MousePlanet DL Update indicates there are still ongoing discussions about whether to do the Remember fireworks with snow or the tradition holiday Believe. Either way, there will be snow. :)

I've already read the update...but I can't see anything about snow...they only mention the new effects being tested for the IASW viewing area, enhancing the area to attract more people to watch the show there...but they don't say anything about fireworks on the holidays......personally, I've already saw Remember in May, and haven't seen the holiday version of Believe....however, I would be very sad if they put Believe Holiday insted of Remember...I love this show so much...and if they add the snow to Remember I'd be very happy....

Monte Cristo
09-12-2005, 10:56 AM

HMH and IASWH close on January 9th to begin taking down the holiday overlays, so it looks like you should be able to squeeze in a few days of hooliday cheer if you arrive on the 5th. :)

Incidentally, I bet the park is deserted that time of year. You should have a blast.

Monte Cristo
09-12-2005, 10:57 AM
But is the snow for sure??? I had the idea that it was only on the holiday fireworks show...Believe...In Holiday Magic....will they make that for Remember???

For sure? I'd love to give you a definitive answer, but no - nothing is "for sure" uless/until DL announces it.

However, virtually every report I've read indicates that the "White Christmas" snowfall will be added somehow this season.

disneyhound
09-12-2005, 03:26 PM
...Incidentally, I bet the park is deserted that time of year. You should have a blast.
That is typically what we experience. It would be so cool if the decorations and the tree were still there, would extend our Christmas for an additional week! ;)