PDA

View Full Version : One day trip report 9.9.05

DisneyDustin22
09-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Alllllllllllllrighty then........http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/filmes/ace-ventura/ace-ventura03t.jpg

The gf and I arrived at the resort at 9:15am. Headed to DCA. Walked on Soarin, walked on TOT twice, walked on Mullohand, hung out at Animation and saw Turtle Talk, nice show, especially for the kids. Went to the 12:30 Aladdin, almost a full house. Show ended and we headed over to DL for lunch. Grabbed some chicken at French Market. Listened to two sets of some good good music. Decided we would do our VMK Quests since this was the first time just the two of us have been at the park alone in a long time. Usually are always with a group and none of them do VMK so we never wanted to hold them up. Breezed through the quests with ease. Stupid me left the Tomorrowland quest at home so we'll have to go back to finish it all. DL looked crowded, but almost every line was either a walk on or 20 min wait at most. We walked on Indy, Pirates, HM, BTMRR. Space was down when we went to it, come back later. Hit all the Fanatsyland dark rides. SM Fast passes were going out all the way until closing. Stand by for SM was around 20 min. Did Buzz, had an awful display of marksmanship on my part. low 300,000. Gf slapped me because she only gets in the 50,000 range. Competitive I know ;) Walked around for a while. Grabbed some dinner snacks. Went and grabbed a seat in front of IASW for the fireworks. Hadn't seen the show from here yet. Projections looked good. Show ended and we decided we would grab a final run on Storybook. Docked around 10:05. Headed for Main Street. Did some browsing in the shops. Went to see Maynard just as they were closing up for the night. Left him a looonnnnngggg overdue compliment at Guest Relations, Grabbed a quick beverage. Lines for the trams were nuts. Walked around DTD for a while then headed hom. Good times as usual. A relaxing day that went by rather quick. How I don't miss the summer crowds. :)

h_lehmann
09-10-2005, 01:34 PM
I took the kids to the park after work the same day, to catch the fireworks show one more time. We didn't get there until 7:30 (still rush hour on the Ventura Freeway), and it seemed to me that at that time there were still more people coming into the park than leaving. I guess a lot of locals come out Friday nights just to catch Fantasmic & the fireworks. We went on Indiana Jones (15 minutes standby), and the Haunted Mansion (5 minutes). By then it was already 8:45, so we got through New Orleans Square before Fantasmic started, and claimed spots near Coke Corner for the fireworks. After the show we followed the crowds towards the trams, but then decided to just walk back to the parking garage rather than wait in the lines. It's a nice walk along Disneyland Drive & underneath the monorail tracks. By 11:00 we were back home again.

Disney4Me
09-10-2005, 03:43 PM
:) Sounds like a productive day. Thanks for the report.

OCCOBRA
09-10-2005, 04:16 PM
The tram situation really sucked last night. And we waited 45 minutes after the fireworks to avoid the crowds, no luck. It was 11:30 before we got to the car.

h_lehmann
09-10-2005, 07:38 PM
If your feet aren't too tired from walking all day, I think the walk to the Mickey & Friends parking structure is a pretty good alternative to waiting in line for the trams.
Continue past the tram station, follow the sidewalk that lies directly underneath the monorail tracks. Cross Disneyland drive when you get to the traffic light, then you'll find a walkway that takes you directly into the Pinnochio lot.
According to This Link (http://www.sueandpaul.com/gmapPedometer/?centerX=-117.92282581329346&centerY=33.8112270893085&zl=1&fl=s-e-h-0-1&polyline=uijmE%7EkvnU%5BtHkBhAyB%60CSdBwHp@cD@ArDw Gi@), it's about about 1/2 mile from the tram stop to the bottom of the escalators.

TowerofTerror
09-10-2005, 10:23 PM
hey such a great trip haven't been to the park since Friday September 2nd

OCCOBRA
09-11-2005, 01:10 PM
I wanted to walk it but the dogs where to tired. It is a haul. Heck its haul getting to your car from the tram...

OCCOBRA
09-11-2005, 01:10 PM
Some how i always get the sheer back side of Mickey and Friends to park...