PDA

View Full Version : What are the crowds like now and in Oct?

scraps4fun
09-10-2005, 12:06 PM
We are going to DL October 11, but I didn't even think about it being the 50th anniversary. Are the crowds really heavy right now because of this?

Thanks!
Tracy

hlbtimes2
09-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Here is a Link (http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/crowds.htm) to a site with average attendance numbers for various times of the year. I think there will probably be a little higher attendance because of the 50th, but I don't think its going to be busy like peak summer season.

h_lehmann
09-10-2005, 01:38 PM
You'll probably find that weekday crowds will drop off the most after summer's over & the kids are back in school. Weekends can still be busy.

shawnarae
09-11-2005, 09:37 PM
I just got home tonight from a short "over night" trip to DL. We got to DL at about 4pm yesterday and stayed at GC last night. Got a great rate AP last week, so we booked this trip last minute.

We went to DL last night & all day today (until 3pm). Not DCA. It was great! Not sure because it is 9/11, or a football day, but all lines were great and the most we waited was about 10 minutes to get into "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience". Other then that we walked on everything. We did use the Fastpass for Buzz today, but the standby was at 20 minutes (so still not bad). BTMRR was a walk on, as was Casey Train, IASW (rode 2 times in a row), Splash, Winnie the Pooh, Pirates, Tiki Room & Haunted Mansion. Did not attempt Space Mt or Matterhorn since I had a 2 year old & 4 year old with me. But I did see SM's standby at 25 minutes at about 12:30pm today. Even at lunch, no lines (ate Mexican food at Rancho).

We were there in July, and by far the crowds have dropped off for weekends! It was great & the weather was perfect! I will do a trip report, as we went for my son's bday and did everything possible for Bdays!! It was a lot of fun!! And again (coming from Las Vegas) the weather was SOOOOOO nice! So yes yes yes, crowds are totally decreased from summer. YAY!

scraps4fun
09-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Awesome! Thanks guys. I tell you what though, the hotels are sure higher than usual this time of year! Something must be going on.

Tracy

uvsc_wolverine
09-11-2005, 11:04 PM
Dude...why would you ride IASW twice in a row?

Splashfan
09-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Here is a Link (http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/crowds.htm) to a site with average attendance numbers for various times of the year. I think there will probably be a little higher attendance because of the 50th, but I don't think its going to be busy like peak summer season.

What a great link! Thanks.

And thanks for the report shawnarae! Will be taking my family there next Sunday for 4 days so it's nice to hear we won't be fighting crowds while we're there!!! :)

shawnarae
09-12-2005, 09:22 AM

That's funny...well, my husband and 8 year old were not happy about our 2nd "go around". But my 2 year old daughter Paris LOVES Small World and there was no line when we pulled up to get off the ride. So I asked if we could go again & the castmember said yes. She was happy....the rest of our family was not :)

Rteneyck
09-12-2005, 11:28 AM
Awesome! Thanks guys. I tell you what though, the hotels are sure higher than usual this time of year! Something must be going on.

Tracy

This hotel thing is definately strange. Last week, they had the GCH for 129.00 a night from Sun - Wed. I checked for this weekend coming up and it is 165.00 a night from Sun - Wed. I am going from Sept. 25 - 28 and have been trying to get another room for over a month. I am showing that Sunday is available, but at 265.00 and Mon/Tue is sold out. When I checked last month the original dates I wanted were Sept. 18-21, but they were sold out??? now they are available??? go figure - I don't have a clue what they are doing.

Rteneyck
09-12-2005, 11:32 AM
That's funny...well, my husband and 8 year old were not happy about our 2nd "go around". But my 2 year old daughter Paris LOVES Small World and there was no line when we pulled up to get off the ride. So I asked if we could go again & the castmember said yes. She was happy....the rest of our family was not :)

My daughter loves this ride also. If she got to go twice she would also be excited. My husband actually proposed to me on this ride, so I don't mind it either -- my husband might though??? ;)

jazzysmom
09-14-2005, 02:37 PM

OMG you made me spit water on my screen!!!!!!! LOL