PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic/fireworks balcony/river front viewing

poohlover
09-09-2005, 11:21 AM
I'm hoping to surprise my family with primo seats for Fantasmic! during our trip in October. If you get a balcony reservation for the early Fantasmic!, can you stay there for the fireworks, too? Is that a good place to see the fireworks from?

For the river front seating, do they set up chairs or do you sit on the ground (husband has a bad back)?

I'm hoping to get these for the Friday night during our stay. We'll be there Saturday night, too, but have an early flight home Sunday morning, so I was thinking we could watch the fireworks from our hotel (Carousel) on Saturday night. Sound like a good plan?

Thanks!

dlandnut
09-09-2005, 11:55 AM
When we did Fantasmic! 2 years ago, we had the early seating, and we were able to stay and watch the Fireworks. They line up two or three rows of chairs on the balcony itself, and there really isn't a bad seat in the house. Your seating order is determined by your reservation, so make 'em early. As for your hubby's bad back, I don't know if an elevator is available or not to transport him to the balcony area. Enjoy the sugary, wonderful desserts, of which there are plenty! :)

mariogarza
09-09-2005, 12:18 PM
How or where do you get a reservation for F! in the balcony? would be nice...

Mommy2NicknMax
09-09-2005, 02:13 PM
For the river front seating, do they set up chairs or do you sit on the ground (husband has a bad back)?

They have chairs. They call you in the order that you checked in though. So if you go this route, make sure to check in early!

RemainSeatedPlease
09-09-2005, 02:45 PM
so wait, do they seat you by the order you reserve in? Or by the order you show up before the show and check in? (we are also doing the same...in oct, lol)...and o! they have river front seating...i never knew that! cool

Mommy2NicknMax
09-09-2005, 03:06 PM
My understanding is that for Balcony you are seated in the order you made your phone reservation. For the river front seating, you check in and the order you check in, is the order they call you for seating (we just did this in August but the rules may have changed?).

Malcon10t
09-09-2005, 03:27 PM
so wait, do they seat you by the order you reserve in? Or by the order you show up before the show and check in? (we are also doing the same...in oct, lol)...and o! they have river front seating...i never knew that! coolThe Balcony seating is seated in the order of your reservation. Vacation Planning reservations get placed first, then phone calls.

Riverside seating gets seated in the order of check in. Yes, there are chairs. Its roped off, you get served, its pretty nice.

Malcon10t
09-09-2005, 03:28 PM
How or where do you get a reservation for F! in the balcony? would be nice...1-714-781-4400, call 30 days before you want to go.

RemainSeatedPlease
09-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Riverside seating gets seated in the order of check in. Yes, there are chairs. Its roped off, you get served, its pretty nice.

So, lets say we are going to the 9 show..when should we get there to check in?

poohlover
09-09-2005, 03:43 PM
I'm guessing even if you are the last person seated at the riverside location, you still have a good view? Do people line up way ahead of time to check in for the riverside seating? I understand you can check in an hour in advance, but then do people line up 2 hours before that so they have a good spot in THAT line? Sheesh, this is confusing!

mariogarza
09-09-2005, 04:06 PM
1-714-781-4400, call 30 days before you want to go.

Thanks for the info :)

Mommy2NicknMax
09-09-2005, 04:22 PM
I'm guessing even if you are the last person seated at the riverside location, you still have a good view? Do people line up way ahead of time to check in for the riverside seating? I understand you can check in an hour in advance, but then do people line up 2 hours before that so they have a good spot in THAT line? Sheesh, this is confusing!
We did the 10:30PM show and we checked in right before (the lights had just dimmed) the fireworks. So that was just about an hour before. We were 6th on the list. So one hour "should" be fine. I do believe you can check in up to 90 min before though (for river side seating).

EchoThree76
09-09-2005, 06:48 PM
I got some 'prefered seating'...thing when we got our trip at AAA. Is this included?

Malcon10t
09-09-2005, 10:06 PM
I got some 'prefered seating'...thing when we got our trip at AAA. Is this included?No, the preferred seating given by AAA and WDTC is to the shows in DCA (Tough to be a Bug, Muppets, Hyperion).

Malcon10t
09-09-2005, 10:08 PM
So, lets say we are going to the 9 show..when should we get there to check in?They start setting the area up about 715-730p. They will accept check ins about 8. They will check you in, then at about 830 they will seat you. All of the area has great seating. Last time, we checked in right after the fireworks for the second show, and it was still great.

weluvdisney
09-10-2005, 08:39 AM
Where exactly is the riverside seating? We have done the balcony and thought we might try this for a different view.

poohlover
09-10-2005, 09:30 AM
Can you stay at this riverside seating and watch the fireworks if you go to the early showing of Fantasmic? Can you actually even see the fireworks from there (I've never been at DL for fireworks)?

SinginDisney
09-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Can you stay at this riverside seating and watch the fireworks if you go to the early showing of Fantasmic? Can you actually even see the fireworks from there (I've never been at DL for fireworks)?

I've never done the riverside seating, so I can't answer if you can stay, but you can certainly see the fireworks from RoA. It happens to be one of my favorite viewing areas. But, this particular fireworks display is central to the castle, so certain effects you will not see from the RoA vantage point.

Malcon10t
09-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Can you stay at this riverside seating and watch the fireworks if you go to the early showing of Fantasmic? Can you actually even see the fireworks from there (I've never been at DL for fireworks)?Yes, we have watched from there numerous times.

For another poster, the seating area is before you get to the Haunted Mansion, directly down in front of the train station.

weluvdisney
09-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Thanks for letting me know where the riverside seating is. :)