PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Poll: How many people...

Pages : [1] 2

ima_mickeyfan
09-09-2005, 07:10 AM
have been the first to take their signaficent (sp)? or special love to disneyland for their very first time?

I took dh 4 years after we were married..he was 35 years old and complained about going all the way there, till we got to the gate, started walking down Main Street and his mouth just opened in AWWWH.....that was a priceless moment for me. :)

Mommy2NicknMax
09-09-2005, 07:15 AM
I got to take my hubby for his first trip to DL. :D We now go every year.

DisneyMomof2
09-09-2005, 07:34 AM
Does WDW count?

DH went the very first time while on our honeymoon. He now shares the love for Disney as much as I do :D

amarvel
09-09-2005, 08:14 AM
I got to 10 years ago when we were in 9th grade. We took him with us on our family vacation and we have been back several times since and he now loves Disney almost as much as i do.

rfaljean
09-09-2005, 08:16 AM
I took my husband for our 2nd wedding anniversary. My dad had set us up at Club 33
for lunch and everything. That was 13 yrs ago...

Skunker
09-09-2005, 08:17 AM
I took my hubby for his first time (which was also his first airplane ride!). We got married and went to DL again on our honeymoon. Now we're taking our son for the first time! (that he'll remember anyway, he's gone twice before but was a baby)

CariBelle
09-09-2005, 08:41 AM
I've taken a friend for their first time (he had never been at age 22! We don't live that far away either). My boyfriend and I took out first trip together this year, and although he had been before he said that no one does DL like me :fez:

kimmer e7
09-09-2005, 08:50 AM
My roommate went as a kid in 76 and took me for the first time in 1991! I got so sick a couple of days before we were to go, so he drove the whole trip by himself!!! I complained the whole way, thinking what a waste of time and stupid trip this would be!!!

We went back for our Honeymoon in 95, with friends in 97, took our dd for her 1st trip in 2001 and then our dd & ds for his 1st time in 2003 and are planning a trip for this NOV. 2005!

I have to LOVE this MAN!!! Almost as much a the mouse!!! HAHA

D. Duck
09-09-2005, 09:20 AM
I wasn’t the first to take my wife to DL, but I did take her on a lot of rides that she hadn’t been on before, and showed a lot of things that she hadn’t seen. The best one was on the last night the fireworks were being shown. I told her to watch the top of the Matterhorn.
When Tinker Bell stared her flight my wife’s eyes opens wide and she just stood there watching Tink fly across the sky. After she asked me if that happened every night. I told her yes and she wanted to come back the next night. I told her that this was the last night for the fireworks and they wouldn’t be back till next summer. She got so mad at me. She wanted to know why I didn’t tell her about Tinker Bell before and why we didn’t stay and see the fireworks any of the other times we were at DL. That was 28 years ago and my wife stills reminds me about it.

rentayenta
09-09-2005, 09:25 AM
I didn't take DH for his first time but I did take him the first that he got some enjoyment out of it.

He was such a muggle. :rolleyes: Going with our kids plus staying on property has opened his eyes a bit.

counterwgt
09-09-2005, 10:52 AM
This is a reverse to the orginal thread, but here goes.

My dw is one of the biggest Mickey fans I know. If she had her way she'd have an PAP and spend every waking moment there. As a child her family took regulary vacations to DL, but I'd never been myself.

She took me for my first time in 03. We also took ds and dd at the same time.
Now I'd been to other "theme" parks before, but she keep telling me, "their not the same, not even close". OMGosh how right she was.

We have been back again this year and are constantly trying to scheme or dream other ways of returning. Being in the GWN of Canada makes day trips a little difficult but a week sure sounds nice about now. :rolleyes:

MermaidHair
09-09-2005, 01:07 PM
I took DH for his first time in 1999. I was in LA at a conference and convinced him to fly down on the weekend, spending Sat with friends while I wrapped up work and then we could go to DL on Sunday. He was definietly humoring me by going He even got up early and drove quite a way from our friend's house to be there for the rope drop. While we were waiting at the rope we started chatting with people - one of whom found out it was DH's first visit. She squealed "Oh my God aren't you sooo happy to be here?!" He smiled and politely said yes. After a wonderful day where DH was consistenlty blown away by the quality of the attractions at DL he confessed that he could not understand why the woman at the gate in the morning was so excited but now he understood.

Now he refuses to let me take either of our kids to any other amusement parks before they go to DL! He thinks they should experience the gold standard first :D .

kinglouie1967
09-09-2005, 02:15 PM
I'm taking my wife and two boys to Disneyland for the first time next month. For me, this will be my first trip back to Disneyland since I was about 8 years old.

We've been to Disney World several times. Last year, in fact, we took my wife's parents to WDW for the first time and they were amazed. They thought it was going to be like a Six Flags.

Having them and my kids there at the same time was my second best Disney trip ever. My favorite trip was when my wife and I snuck down to WDW without the kids. I love my boys, but it was great to just relax with the wife.

fjhuerta
09-09-2005, 04:43 PM
have been the first to take their signaficent (sp)? or special love to disneyland for their very first time?

I took dh 4 years after we were married..he was 35 years old and complained about going all the way there, till we got to the gate, started walking down Main Street and his mouth just opened in AWWWH.....that was a priceless moment for me. :)

Me.

My wife and me went on honeymoon to WDW. And I took her one year later to Disneyland. She hadn't been to either place. She loved DL.

twist1980
09-09-2005, 08:10 PM
I'm taking my fiance this December for his first DL trip ever! Since I'm so obsessed, it's hard to believe there is anyone who hasn't gone!

I just hope I don't drive him crazy before we go! I have this terrible habit of watching DL movies and listening to the soundtrack non-stop!

Disney4Me
09-09-2005, 10:33 PM

Took mine too for his first and he was humbled.

coronado_g
09-09-2005, 10:46 PM
So far, I've never met anyone in Southern California who's never been to Disneyland...but I think it'd be a total blast to be able to take someone on their very 1st DL visit! I don't have kids either so there's no chance of being the one to introduce the love of DL to a child.

Stupid_American
09-10-2005, 05:25 AM
I met my wife when her cousin, my friend, was too busy (restaurant owner) to take her to Disneyland.
He asked me to take her and another cousin.

gerry
09-10-2005, 05:26 AM
I grew up in the San Fernando Valley and have been to DL many times. My fiance grew up in New York and had never been. Of course he loved it. I remember us sitting for the artist on Main Street. That was 34 years ago and our next trip is in 27 days.

JookyG
09-12-2005, 01:48 PM
If you want someone to fall in love with you forever, take them to Disneyland for the first time! I live in Seattle, but took my bf there for our 3rd anniversary, which just happened to be in early December when the park's in full holiday glory. I have to say, it was the best date, best anniversary, best holiday, best Christmas present and best trip to Disneyland ever! A holiday trip to DLR is now a holiday tradition for us.

There's nothing like taking a newbie for the first time, especially one you want to spend the rest of your life with. It doesn't matter how much you build up the expectations, if you know what you're doing and go at the right time of year, your experience will always exceed the expectations you've built up (it helps that I'm a 3-decade mouseketeer). It's even better when they're doubtful, cynical or are holiday humbugs.

Yeeehawwww, Disneyland at Christmas, here we come....!

Mac_gurl
09-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Im taking my boyfriend for his first time this november.
I've wanted to go forever, after going once in '97.
His mom takes all the blame, saying she never took him
when he was a kid.

He's still not totally thrilled. He's pretty much going to make
me happy, but i see the excitement slowly building in his eyes...
He keeps asking questions about what to expect.

53 days and counting...

splash
09-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Yes, I took my husband there for the first time about 15 years ago. Since then we have been about 5 times.

crazi4dlr
09-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Not for the first time but I talked my DH into spending our honeymoon at DL in 1996. He had only been once in his life when he was really young with his folks and didn't remember it much. I on the other hand went every summer as a kid. I don't know what he really thought about the idea at the time but when we got there he was so thrilled. We spent 5 days and he wanted to stay an extra day but alas we had kids at home waiting for us. Last year we went back with all our kids and our oldest had been many times with my mom and sister, but it was the first time for our 14 year old and 7 year old. Of course our son (14 yr old) was way too cool for the DL thing but after we got back, he sheepishly asked me when we could go again. We will be taking our next trip in Dec. and it's the first time for all of us during the holidays. I'll have to post the pics now that we have a digital camera. I can't wait to see all their precious little faces.

mkcbunny
09-13-2005, 08:28 PM
I took my hubby for his first visit this past May, for our 15th Anniversary. He was 40. He was a bit of a naysayer, but within minutes of arrival, he was totally hooked. See teacup movie below for proof!

spacemountain85
09-13-2005, 08:35 PM
I took my ex on his first trip to Disneyland. He was unimpressed, and subsequently dumped.