PDA

View Full Version : DCA exit to Grand Californian

justagrrl
02-26-2002, 01:10 PM
In order to use the exit and/or entrance from DCA into the Grand Californian (over by Grizzly rapids) must one be a hotel guest?

(I'm thinking it'd be fun to check it out - maybe have lunch at the place by the pool that I've seen mentioned a few times, and wanted to know if we have to walk all the way around or if we can take the shortcut. I'm guessing we have to walk.)

mousey_girl
02-26-2002, 01:27 PM
When we were there in Dec, they let us exit thru GC. We looked at the pool area, and exited thru the doors to the right of the main entrance. We ended up in DTD a couple of small stores down from World of Disney. We didn't to re-enter thru the hotel tho, we were on our way out and thought it would be neat to see the inside (for future trips). Ok, the reality is, I wanted to go to World of Disney to shop and the hubby thought GC would be a short-cut. It wasn't, but the scenery (spelling?) was great!

Ghoulish Delight
02-26-2002, 02:43 PM
There are two gates into the hotel. The main one is around back of the Grizzly (nearer Condor Flats). This one, anyone can use, you need not be a guest to enter or exit. The other one is near Mullholland Madness. That one, if memory serves, does say it is for hotel guests only.

bluepearl
02-26-2002, 05:08 PM
I thought that the entrance near Mulholland Madness was for the Paradise Pier Hotel?

justagrrrl, you should definitely take the time to explore around GCH! My friends and I walked around and decided that one day we'd have an overnight adventure there. We booked a room for the weekend of Cast Blast and had a really great time. The service was wonderful, the rooms were nice, and the atmosphere is fantastic. I had an overall fantastic experience!

justagrrl
02-26-2002, 05:37 PM
Thanks guys! :)

We'll be sure to check it out on our next visit to DCA. I've been wanting to wander around over there and check it out, but didn't think we could use that exit/entrance unless we were hotel guests. My husband isn't one to take the long way around *just* to check out a hotel.

mousey_girl
02-26-2002, 06:15 PM
Enjoy your good fortune then... Mine loves to explore every little nook and cranny. While this can be fun, it gets old at the end of a 4 day adventure at DLR and all I want to do is hobble to the car and sit. :D

downingfamily1
02-26-2002, 07:31 PM
When we went in December they checked to see if we were staying at the GCH before letting us enter the park through the hotel entrance. I think they do at the one by Mulholland Madness also, if I remember correctly I think it is only for Paradise Pier guests. I don't remember them checking anything when we exited the park into the hotel though.

EandCDad
02-26-2002, 07:55 PM
We've gone through the entrance near Grizzly Peak twice. Once we were GCH guests, but they didn't check and once we were not, but they didn't check. It might be like a lot of things, depends on who is working. Best bet is if they ask to see a room key have your kids start crying and play dumb. Works for us.

tabacco
02-26-2002, 08:11 PM
I've never had a problem entering/exiting through GCH gate. Of course, I usually know the lead or one of the CMs on duty there :)

Most of the time they don't care though, especially if you're exiting the park.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
02-26-2002, 10:57 PM
I've never had a problem using the entrance/exit by Grizzly River Run. I think presence has something to do with it - if you act like you know exactly where you are going, and with confidence, I dobut anyone will question whether or not you are actual hotel guests. It's not like the sign says 'have your room key ready for inspection by one of our security officers...'

However I feel a little gulity when I'm walking that corridor along side guests in bathrobes getting ready to use the pool. But I guess not enough to stop using that gate :-)

tjrj
02-27-2002, 06:17 AM
There's an enterance(exit too of course!) from DD to the hotel-with no turnstile or anything. It's near the "purse store"(can't remember the name. Go down the hallway. Turn left and you're headed to the pool, whitewater snacks, the Rose etc. Turn right and go through the double doors and you're on your way to the lobby etc.