PDA

View Full Version : Trip report - Just some comments/observations I had :)

amarvel
09-08-2005, 03:41 PM
I was at Disneyland 6 days August 31-September 5th. Had a wonderful time as usual. We like to visit the park every year and I was amazed at how much had changed since last summer!

Character Meals:
I went to both Goofy's and Ariels and I by far prefer Ariel's, which I actually went twice, once for lunch, and then once for dinner. You get the most bang for your buck there and you are guaranteed to see all 5 characters, as they make rounds. I loved the way they interacted with us adults as well. However I went the first meal of the day at 11:45 and then the last meal of the day at 7:30 and I think next time I would go again early as the characters and wait staff are a bit more perky as they weren't run down from a long day.

I went to goofys and it was much more money, just a buffet and more chaotic and I didn't get to see all the characters. However, it was still fun, but I felt I got more of my money's worth at Ariels. I don't think I will be going to Goofy's unless they lowered the price (which we know isnt going to happen) :)

So i know there are some kinks to be worked out at Ariels as they have only been doing the princess thing for 2 weeks, but i like the concept and i think it could work and i like that I only had to spend $25 per person with tax/tip for a real 3 course meal over Goofy's $36 with tax tip for a buffet.

Crowd:
I loved going this week. I would go again this transition between the on and off seasons. The park still had people, but the morning "get on as many rides as you want" lasted so much longer than I am use to when I go in June or July. It was 12p and 1pm and I was still able to get on rides within 15 minutes. And DCA was pretty bare the entire time, even during the 3 day weekend. We usually go back to the room by 12pm, and this trip every day we were at the park until 3 or 4 before taking a rest.

Fireworks:
Ok i was a goof who sat and camped out for my spot for over 2.5 hours. But it was worth it. I sat in the area just in front of the castle but on the main hub. I thought the show was fantastic. And I loved that everything was happening all around me. Got some great pictures too, thanks for all the tips I got from here!

Early Entry:
I went to early entry on Saturday, which was at 7am, it was great to get in and get on rides. The best part was that they stamped my ticket with a DLEE. So on Monday when they had the early entry again at 8am and let the general public in the park at 8:30 I just showed my ticket at the end of main street that said DLEE and got into the park as an early entry person a 1/2 earlier than i was suppose to :)

Parade:
I liked the parade. And i didn't think the stops were bad, I know some have complained about it, but i actually thought it was well done and I enjoyed it. Although I would have liked it to be a tad longer or include a little more. Seemed like it was over fairly quickly.

Food:
I finally got the chowder in a bread bowl (3 times actually) and i cannot believe what i had been missing. Its really yummy, feels you up and only costs $11 for meal and drink. If you haven't tried it I would recommend it. My parents got some sandwiches there were also very good from French Market. I also had the mozzarella sticks from Frontierland, and those were pretty yummy too. And of course the old favorites are also good, pizza port and churros, a trip to Disneyland would not be complete without these! Man I wish i could go back for the food!

Overall i had a wonderful time, saw lots of characters, ate lots of food. Can't wait until I can go again, unfortunately that is looking like several years :)

DangerMouse
09-08-2005, 04:42 PM
We were there the 4th and 5th as well, and thought it was a great time to be at the parks (although a bit hot on Monday). Glad to hear you had such a nice time. I think we will have to try Ariels when we go back in December. It has gotten such great reviews.

SCUBAbe
09-08-2005, 05:27 PM
if you liek the brad bowl soups at the french market then you have to try them in DCA at the pacific wharf cafe. The bread it so fresh there....:)

ACDSNY
09-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Were you able to buy a 6 day park hopper or did you have an AP? We just decided to extend our trip in Nov to 6 days and I currently have vouchers for the 5 day ticket and was wondering about the price difference to upgrade to 6 days.

Mom2PrincessChloe
09-09-2005, 12:41 AM
We went to Ariels twice this past weekend. It is a lot different than before. The Princesses only come around once each in a group. Then they go on break, wait for the shift to change then come back out for a new group of people. So you only get to see them for 10 min of the 1 1/2 hrs you are in there. The waiter said they do it this way so people won't linger just to see them... I love the Princesses but it was better when Mickey and friends were in there because there were always characters around.

amarvel
09-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Good to know about the ones at DCA. I almost had it there, but dh wanted to eat back at DL. Next time we go i will remember this!

I original was going to upgrade to an AP for my 6th day that way if i went next summer it would be "free". But then my dad and mom who came with us decided to go home early and they didn't go to the park on their 5th day of their tickets. So I used my moms 5th day on her ticket as my extra day. Saved us quite a bit of money considering hte price of Aps went up while I was at DLR!