PDA

View Full Version : When is a good time to go to DL after Thanksgiving and before Christmas?

chris r11
09-08-2005, 02:07 PM
Hi,

Wondering when, if anyone knows, the crowds are typically lightest between Thanksgiving and Christmas. We are thinking of going to the park on a Thursday through a Saturday, the first through the 3rd of December.

We will be with our 4 year old and our 1.5 year old so our little ones tolerance of lines is not quite up to snuff yet.

Thanks,

Chris

Skunker
09-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Hi Chris,

My sister and her family are making their second trip this year during the first week of December. She swears by this time period. The decorations are out and no crowds. She also has small children so this works great for them!

Mommy2NicknMax
09-08-2005, 02:39 PM
That's the weekend of Candlelight. Expect more crowds that weekend, starting Friday. I typically go the following week, 7th - 10th (this year) and the crowds are light.

erica84
09-08-2005, 03:32 PM
I was just curious, since I'll be there the 8th through the 11th...how is the weather usually? I've only gone in the Spring and Summer, but I've heard that SoCal does not get much of a rainy season. Thanks!

Mommy2NicknMax
09-08-2005, 03:41 PM
It depends. I went the first week of Dec 2003 it was cooler and rained in the morning one of the days I was there. Nights were much colder than I had planned (had to buy gloves).
Last year I went the second week in Dec and it was totally different. The temp during the day was in the 80's, no rain and the nights were not cold (just needed a sweatshirt). Pack for anything and you'll be fine, LOL!

Monte Cristo
09-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Hi,

Wondering when, if anyone knows, the crowds are typically lightest between Thanksgiving and Christmas. We are thinking of going to the park on a Thursday through a Saturday, the first through the 3rd of December.

We will be with our 4 year old and our 1.5 year old so our little ones tolerance of lines is not quite up to snuff yet.

Thanks,

Chris

That weekend might actually be pretty crowded due to the Candlelight processional.

If you can't go during earlier during the middle of the week, I"d recommend the following Thursday - Saturday. Schools aren't out yet and it's still fairly quiet. The weekend gets a little heavier, but it still shouldn't be too bad.