PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed with hotel reservation websites

lauramaynot
09-08-2005, 01:02 PM
We have a been trying to find a hotel in November for 4 adult and 6 kids (all kids under 8, the baby under 1) All the search engines seem to restrict the number of allowable guests for this reservation even with two rooms. We spent five hours one day looking and looking and looking. The disney site usually gives you rates for good neighbor hotels and allows you to make reservations but it wasn't offering good neighbor hotels and I don't know why. I thought we would have better luck looking for an off site hotel on the web. But it wasn't so...we were able to see reviews and ratings for the hotels aiding us in finding which hotel we wanted to stay in but could not make an online reservation since there was no availablity online for the rooms we wanted/needed. We finally called a couple of hotels - after we found phone numbers to the actual hotel not a reservation line and had good luck in finding a person who gave us a wonderful quote for a large suite that sleeps up to 8 adults for less than the price of two standard rooms. I would think that they would want to make it easier for large parties to make a reservation not harder...still five hours tuesday, two hours wednesday - there has to be a better way.

scaeagles
09-08-2005, 01:05 PM
You know, I'd try the Park Inn International directly. I have no number for them, but they are on Harbor between the Carousel and HoJo.

They have great, huge suites that can sleep 7, and when we stayed in one 3 years ago, it was only 135. Two of those, or one suite and another room, and you'd be set. Good price back then, not sure what it is now.

lauramaynot
09-08-2005, 01:11 PM
You know, I'd try the Park Inn International directly. I have no number for them, but they are on Harbor between the Carousel and HoJo.

They have great, huge suites that can sleep 7, and when we stayed in one 3 years ago, it was only 135. Two of those, or one suite and another room, and you'd be set. Good price back then, not sure what it is now.

is it Park Inn Anaheim (across from maingate)? That is who we called that told us about their large suite for 159.00/less with our military voucher which we are picking up today.

Getting any hotel directly is difficult and that is one of my biggest complaints :mad:

Malcon10t
09-08-2005, 03:44 PM
is it Park Inn Anaheim (across from maingate)? That is who we called that told us about their large suite for 159.00/less with our military voucher which we are picking up today.

Getting any hotel directly is difficult and that is one of my biggest complaints :mad:Park Inn is great, we have stayed there before. Its about a 2-3 min walk to the crosswalk to get to Disneyland. I really like it.

princessnoknot
09-08-2005, 09:28 PM
I agree, Park Inn (used to be Int'l, now Anaheim) is great! The rooms are really nice, and the location is wonderful. We had a room in front and could see space mountain and the matterhorn from our window. I loved it.

adriennek
09-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Have you tried a travel agent?

I called my AAA agent to get a room in October on a Saturday night. I contacted her in late August and she was able to find a room at Carousel Inn for $60. I really can't argue with that! :)

I have had marvelous success booking through my AAA travel agent, both finding the rooms I wanted at fair rates and I've been treated very nicely by the hotel staffs whenever she's made my reservations for me.

Adrienne

stan4d_steph
09-09-2005, 05:38 AM
I have had marvelous success booking through my AAA travel agent, both finding the rooms I wanted at fair rates and I've been treated very nicely by the hotel staffs whenever she's made my reservations for me.

AdrienneFunny, I just called my AAA office yesterday to ask about a room for NYC. She told me "I can send you our discount book, but I can't tell you where to stay."

I don't really get that. Isn't she supposed to be a travel agent? It was so bizarre, I just hung up with a "No, thanks."

Wendi
09-09-2005, 10:06 AM
I would definitely use a travel agent... why didn't you consider booking two separate reservations for one room each/5 people each?

adriennek
09-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Funny, I just called my AAA office yesterday to ask about a room for NYC. She told me "I can send you our discount book, but I can't tell you where to stay."

I don't really get that. Isn't she supposed to be a travel agent? It was so bizarre, I just hung up with a "No, thanks."

I've been known to refer more than one person to my AAA travel agent. It doesn't matter what office they're in as long as you're a AAA member, even if they're outside your region.

Adrienne