PDA

View Full Version : September 25 - 28 hotel availability

Rteneyck
09-07-2005, 12:30 PM
I am finding that the dates of Sept. 25 - 28 are sold out at all 3 resort hotels. I can't find anything that is going on that weekend. I need to book an extra room at the GCH. Anyone know what is going on perhaps?

tlovesdis
09-07-2005, 12:52 PM
I think there are some conventions going on in September and October. All 3 of the Disney hotels seem to be full, but all the surrounding hotels have rooms. Try calling the GCH directly.

montana
09-07-2005, 01:10 PM
I am finding that the dates of Sept. 25 - 28 are sold out at all 3 resort hotels. I can't find anything that is going on that weekend. I need to book an extra room at the GCH. Anyone know what is going on perhaps?

I found availabilty at swavacations.com (southwest airlines) for other sold out times this fall. There is an option for room only without airfare or tickets. Good Luck.

Rteneyck
09-07-2005, 02:51 PM
I will try that. I didn't expect the end of Sept to be so busy. I guess I waited to long.

kikid
09-07-2005, 02:58 PM

I understand the Conventions will/should release some rooms soon. I'm waiting for Oct 15&16th. Good Luck

KIKI

Rteneyck
09-07-2005, 03:08 PM
I understand the Conventions will/should release some rooms soon. I'm waiting for Oct 15&16th. Good Luck

KIKI

How are you able to find out what conventions are there? I know about gay day, but I haven't really heard of any others.

RobRoz
09-07-2005, 03:42 PM
How are you able to find out what conventions are there? I know about gay day, but I haven't really heard of any others.
here you go :) http://www.anaheimconventioncenter.com/events.cfm

Minnie66
09-07-2005, 05:23 PM
When we went in June, we had the same problem. We wanted to add an extra room at the Disneyland Hotel but they said they were booked. For some reason Get-Away-Today sill had rooms so we booked one with them. Good luck!

RobRoz
09-07-2005, 06:34 PM
http://www.anaheimoc.org/convcalendar/index.cfm?mnth=9&yr=2005#top

nickbrown2k2
09-07-2005, 07:22 PM
I believe the 25th is also an AP Night. :)

Whittibo
09-07-2005, 07:22 PM

OK, I have figured out WHAT Gay Day would be, but WHEN is it?? That couldn't be something that's taking up all the hotels??

I too thougth that the end of Sept would be "off peak" and we would get good room rates, but we were lucky to GET our room. The manager I was talking to told me there was some convention and that they had all the rooms reserved. :(

texas minnie
09-07-2005, 09:13 PM
We're going to be there that week...does this mean the parks will be more crowded than a usual September, or is it typical for the resort hotels to be full? Anyone know what the crowds have been like post-labor day?

Whittibo
09-08-2005, 05:51 AM
We're going to be there that week...does this mean the parks will be more crowded than a usual September, or is it typical for the resort hotels to be full? Anyone know what the crowds have been like post-labor day?

I don't think all the conventions means DL will be busier. I have done this Sept/Oct time frame before, and it was the least of the busiest times out of all the other times we have gone.

wendyxo
09-08-2005, 06:04 AM
OK, I have figured out WHAT Gay Day would be, but WHEN is it?? That couldn't be something that's taking up all the hotels??

I too thougth that the end of Sept would be "off peak" and we would get good room rates, but we were lucky to GET our room. The manager I was talking to told me there was some convention and that they had all the rooms reserved. :(

GAy days are Oct. 1st and 2nd. The website http://www.gayday2.com/html/home.html suggests that most in attendance for Gay days will be staying at the Disney properties. I have never been at this time, and couldnt find an answer- does anyone know how many people are usually in attendance for this event?

Whittibo
09-08-2005, 06:26 AM
Ahh.. well that would explain why I haven't noticed an increase in people. Our passes have never allowed Saturday admission, but now exclude Sundays too. Weekends to me are always more busy, that's why we typically just hit Mon-Fri. Even Fridays are a bit more crowded for my taste. :(

PsychDoc
09-08-2005, 06:53 AM
I had the same problem, but don't give up hope just yet. Be persistent. I finaly got a room at the Paradise Peir and was able to upgrade to a theme park view (both my first choices) after several weeks of sweating it out. Southwest vacations had rooms available, but a bit pricer than expected for that time. So I kept calling the hotels diretly and whoohoo!! got what I wished for. We (my 11 year old an myself) are going from Sep 30-Oct 2 for her/my BDs. They haven't released the AP prices/rooms yet for that timeframe so I'm hoping that my quoted price will go down as well. If not, I'm just happy to be there. Keep calling and checking the various websites as well.

Rteneyck
09-08-2005, 09:00 AM
I believe the 25th is also an AP Night. :)

what is an AP night? Will DL close early for regular guests that are not AP's?

tlovesdis
09-08-2005, 09:08 AM
what is an AP night? Will DL close early for regular guests that are not AP's?

No! That means that the hotel is offering a discount to AP holders on that night.

Splashfan
09-08-2005, 02:22 PM
does anyone know how many people are usually in attendance for this event?

From the Gay Day website:

The first Gay Day 2 in 1998 attracted about 2,500 people. In 2003, we had 25,000!

My2kidsrule
09-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Actually, keep trying. and remember that week has AP holder prices, too. I had reservations from Sept. 23-27 at PP for $109 on the weekend and $89 on Sunday-Tuesday (city view). I kept calling once a week to see about other rooms. Last Friday, I got the GCH for $149 and $119, respectively with two queen beds and a daybed. It was a great deal that wasn't there four days earlier.
Just keep calling. It might not happen, so have a backup plan, but rooms DO open up.