PDA

View Full Version : Can we trust the 6/17 return time for POTC

tinksmom
09-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Hi. I am planning a trip to Disneyland for next summer. According to the refurb schedulue, POTC is to be down until 6/16.

I would like to plan my trip for the last week of June (6/25-6/30) because my DH will ONLY stay at the Grand California and 6 nights there costs $400 bucks more in July. However, we don't want to miss Pirates.

So, historically, does Disney usually abide by their scheduled refurb dates?

Thanks.

cosmicjive
09-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Basic refurbishments usually come in on schedule. However, it isn't uncommon for major overhauls to run over. The POTC refurb isn't just a standard refurb, they are adding new elements to the ride. I expect it will be open by the scheduled date (because they know it would be a major mistake keeping it closed all summer) but there are no guarantees.

-Jeff "etumor"

MrsPooh
09-07-2005, 12:55 PM
And, sometimes, we are blessed with it opening sooner, ala Space Mountian!

yellowrosedtxn
09-07-2005, 12:57 PM
We are going about the same time, so I am hoping it will be back up by then as well. Since we came back home we have started planning this next trip, the kids are so wired already it is going to be hard to get through the next 10 months!

HydroGuy
09-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Hi. I am planning a trip to Disneyland for next summer. According to the refurb schedulue, POTC is to be down until 6/16.

I would like to plan my trip for the last week of June (6/25-6/30) because my DH will ONLY stay at the Grand California and 6 nights there costs $400 bucks more in July. However, we don't want to miss Pirates.

So, historically, does Disney usually abide by their scheduled refurb dates?

Thanks.Rumor has it that DL will be adding elements in support of the July 7, 2006 release of the POTC 2 movie. It will thus be a marketing tie-in between DL and the movie. I would bet they will get it done on time.