PDA

View Full Version : Blast leaving DCA , Aladdin moving in

zapppop
02-25-2002, 09:07 PM
Sunday, Al Lutz told us MP'ers that Blast will be leaving DCA by the end of this year since DCA can't afford it.

What's odd, is that Disney is planning to replace it with an Aladdin show.

If you haven't seen Blast yet, do so. It'll probably be gone by the end of summer.

space101
02-25-2002, 09:46 PM
Sorry to say but Al wasn't at the meeting on Friday and his facts are once again wrong...

Techie7
02-25-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by space101
Sorry to say but Al wasn't at the meeting on Friday and his facts are once again wrong...

I am confused what meeting? I hope this is untrue. :(

Kuzcotopia
02-25-2002, 09:56 PM
I don't believe it. Disney's done some dumb things, but they're not THAT stupid.

This show absolutely PACKS in the crowds. There is serious word of mouth repeat business based on this show.

Waiting for confirmation before I believe this one.

bluepearl
02-25-2002, 10:24 PM
I thought it was already known that Blast was scheduled to run for a year? Or something to that extent; I was sure I read it posted somewhere. And I did ask one of the Cast Members in Blast, who told me they'd be there until next January (and then heard somewhere else it would be til this November). I can't remember. The other stuff I haven't heard (the Aladdin show).

Fancy Pants
02-25-2002, 10:30 PM
Blast! signed on to perform till January 2003.

wonderful
02-25-2002, 10:39 PM
enjoy it while it is here... and the Hyperion, like any other theater, CAN'T show the SAME show forever (although Steps in Time seemed that way)! I LOVE Blast, but c'mon, did it ever accur to anyone that there are two sides to every contract? At least some of the cast has to be itching to be back on the road, performing the entire show, not to mention, there was probably a lesson learned in quality and I am not sure Disney would follow Blast with another Steps in Time...
Remember kids sometimes all the pixie dust in the world can do nothing for those with no faith and trust :D

Nigel2
02-25-2002, 10:47 PM
I thought this cast was assembled for the DCA show like they did with the WDW show. While at the same time the touring shows keep going on with little or no connection to the DCA show.

FEJ
02-26-2002, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by zapppop
Sunday, Al Lutz told us MP'ers that Blast will be leaving DCA by the end of this year since DCA can't afford it.

What's odd, is that Disney is planning to replace it with an Aladdin show.

If you haven't seen Blast yet, do so. It'll probably be gone by the end of summer.

Originally posted by Fancy Pants
Blast! signed on to perform till January 2003.

Doesnt sound odd at all. Alladin will pull in the kids and keep them entertained for a while and Disney can pay it's CM's the normal wages.

While I dont think it will be gone by the end of summer (But stranger things have happened), the end of the year (December 2002) and January 2003=same thing(separated by a minute at midnight)

Ghoulish Delight
02-26-2002, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
I thought this cast was assembled for the DCA show like they did with the WDW show. While at the same time the touring shows keep going on with little or no connection to the DCA show.

The DCA performers are ones who, at one time, were part of touring casts. I'm sure that at least some of them would like to return to that at some point, as wonderful pointed out.

Matterhorn Fan
02-26-2002, 07:29 AM
Blast! is still touring (or is touring again)--they're going to be in my area in a couple of weeks.

If it were me, I'd want to be in the cast that didn't tour (but I would probably be itching to do the full show sometime).

Nigel2
02-27-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight

The DCA performers are ones who, at one time, were part of touring casts. I'm sure that at least some of them would like to return to that at some point, as wonderful pointed out.

Ah, so that is what that one column meant when they said that this cast just recently met.

ishkabibble
03-01-2002, 09:42 AM
Please excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is Blast! ? We’ve never been there. How many shows/day? Does one need tickets or does one merely wait in line? Sorry to be such a nincompoop.

Uncle Dick
03-01-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by ishkabibble
Please excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is Blast! ? We’ve never been there. How many shows/day? Does one need tickets or does one merely wait in line? Sorry to be such a nincompoop.
Hey, hey, no problem man. BLAST! is an exciting amalgamation of music, color and hot chicks that now plays in the Hyperion Theater at DCA Some have said it's something like Stomp meets a marching band halftime show, but I've never seen Stomp so I can't comment on the validity of that statement. The fact is, it's loud, energetic and exciting and gets a standing ovation every single time. So in other words, go see it.

On weekdays (Mon - Thurs) there are typically three shows with an extra show added in for the weekends later on at night. Tickets are useful on crowded weekends but are completely unnecessary with smaller weekday crowds. So, go see it.

oohykitten
03-01-2002, 08:16 PM
Still haven't seen Blast, but since Flik's land will still have height requirments I want the MGM studio's "Playhouse Disney" show. it will be over by Jan. 2003 too!

Nigel2
03-01-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

Hey, hey, no problem man. BLAST! is an exciting amalgamation of music, color and hot chicks that now plays in the Hyperion Theater at DCA Some have said it's something like Stomp meets a marching band halftime show, but I've never seen Stomp so I can't comment on the validity of that statement. The fact is, it's loud, energetic and exciting and gets a standing ovation every single time. So in other words, go see it.

Well stomp is a little different. I would say it was more of a marching band with... more time and greater dancing/coreography abilities.