PDA

View Full Version : AP Discount Questions

celinas mommy
09-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Sorry if this has been posed already -- but here goes my question...

My pass has expired (mommy) my daughter (Celina (3)) still has an active pass. If I choose not to renew my pass would everyone in her party (example mommy, grandma, and Celina) still be able to take advantage of the AP discounts?

I am really not sure how that would work since she is a minor and of course mommy will also be paying?

Any information would be appreciated.

PS I also emailed Disney to find out the "official answer" once I get a reply will let all know...

Malcon10t
09-06-2005, 07:50 PM
Sorry if this has been posed already -- but here goes my question...

My pass has expired (mommy) my daughter (Celina (3)) still has an active pass. If I choose not to renew my pass would everyone in her party (example mommy, grandma, and Celina) still be able to take advantage of the AP discounts?

I am really not sure how that would work since she is a minor and of course mommy will also be paying?

Any information would be appreciated.

PS I also emailed Disney to find out the "official answer" once I get a reply will let all know...My daughter has had an AP since she was 10 or so. When she goes shopping with her grandma, and grandma is paying, she always shows her pass, and it has never been an issue. Same with restaurants.

PsychDoc
09-06-2005, 07:54 PM
My daughter has had an AP since she was 10 or so. When she goes shopping with her grandma, and grandma is paying, she always shows her pass, and it has never been an issue. Same with restaurants.
As long as the APer is there/present at the time of purchase I don't see them saying anything. However, you never know.

stan4d_steph
09-07-2005, 06:29 AM
As long as the APer is there/present at the time of purchase I don't see them saying anything. However, you never know.Generally, the person paying must be the holder of the Pass. I've encountered this before, but it is generally up to the CM ringing your purchases since there's no scan of the AP. Perhaps exceptions are made in the case of children.

cakimmy
09-07-2005, 04:54 PM
I asked about AP before with discount and they said that the pass was good for everyone in the party (at least dining). I know when I got my dd's pass (we have a premium one and so does dd), btw she is 3, that the cm that took my dd's pic said that she could use her pass for parking (and we did use it one time when I went with the IL's, we had to use two cars, I was in one my dd in the other and they never gave any hassle about parking using dd's pass). HTH

celinas mommy
09-07-2005, 06:06 PM
I asked about AP before with discount and they said that the pass was good for everyone in the party (at least dining). I know when I got my dd's pass (we have a premium one and so does dd), btw she is 3, that the cm that took my dd's pic said that she could use her pass for parking (and we did use it one time when I went with the IL's, we had to use two cars, I was in one my dd in the other and they never gave any hassle about parking using dd's pass). HTH

thanks... I am looking at the dining discounts DD has a deluxe pass..

Malcon10t
09-07-2005, 06:15 PM
thanks... I am looking at the dining discounts DD has a deluxe pass..My daughter was with my brother and he bought lunch. She showed her pass, even though he was paying with a credit card, and he was even able to get the AP dining pin with her AP.

celinas mommy
09-08-2005, 06:54 PM
My daughter was with my brother and he bought lunch. She showed her pass, even though he was paying with a credit card, and he was even able to get the AP dining pin with her AP.

thank you so much... Disney emailed me back and stated that I need to call the AP holders hotline.. To late tonight will try in the morning let you know what I come up with...

MLM62486
09-12-2005, 07:00 AM
thank you so much... Disney emailed me back and stated that I need to call the AP holders hotline.. To late tonight will try in the morning let you know what I come up with...

Usually, if the parent shows their child's I give them the discount. Not sure if I'm supposed to but I don't see why not. The only time when I don't allow that is when it's obviously someone's friend, I KNOW I can't do that. It's just a judgement call for us like someone said.