PDA

View Full Version : More DL Paparazzi Madness...

greenscreenltd
09-06-2005, 04:07 PM
First Scarlett, now Reese:

http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/4940422/detail.html

DisneyDustin22
09-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Yeah! Go DCA CM's!

ima_mickeyfan
09-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Yeah! Go DCA CM's!
why can't people just leave the stars alone! I mean come on, they are trying to spend time with their families give them a break!

ToursbabeC3po
09-06-2005, 06:09 PM
That is the price you pay for fame :)

ghoofie
09-06-2005, 06:59 PM
why can't people just leave the stars alone! I mean come on, they are trying to spend time with their families give them a break!

Here we go again. And why can't stars wait in line like everyone else at the same time they are left alone. If I haven't posted here, my family, after waiting over 30 min. for rockets, were in front of line, for next group. Whoopi Goldberg came along with a HUGE entourage of people. She was YELLING at people to stop staring (can't blame her for that part). But why should my family have had to wait another turn while her peeps (without Whoopi) got
to hop right on. :confused: . Oh well.....

coronado_g
09-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Well, the article certainly does NOT say that Reese Witherspoon was trying to cut in line or was yelling at other customers so I don't know how that got into the thread. The article does state that the photographer assaulted DCA cast members.

averagedork
09-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Here's my whole thing on celebrities and papparazis and such...
Don't attack the person when she has her kids. It damages the kids and I don't care how much you get paid for a picture think about the kids. That said actresses are public figures, and with that comes certain things. But I was at the parks that day... was she there Sunday? I saw a celeb Monday in the backlot.

minniemom
09-06-2005, 10:08 PM
My opinion is this, stars are always posing to get thier pictures taken. Why can't that be enough? Why is a picture of a star having a fun day with her kids worth more than one of her alone? Leave her alone!! Wait until she is ready to have her picture taken. You know she wants her picture taken if she is posing. If she isn't posing, then it is not ok for you to be taking a picture. Like everyone else, Reese was probally at DL to enjoy herself and give her kids a good time! I say give her a break and let her enjoy it!!!

TowerofTerror
09-06-2005, 10:17 PM
that is so true if they don't pose then they don't want their picture taken

KeithOfTerror
09-06-2005, 10:30 PM
This guy crossed the line, he entered into Disney territory. He just made it onto my "People to Shoot in the Face" list. It's a long list.

Opus1guy
09-06-2005, 10:40 PM
These guys follow me everywhere like vultures. FLASH! FLASH! "Look this way, Opus!" "Opus...one more over here!" It's worse than all those annoying autograph hounds.

Give me some space, people!

:)

kinglouie1967
09-07-2005, 05:09 AM
That's what she gets for going to DCA. Doesn't Reese read the MousePlanet boards? Sheesh. :rolleyes:

09-07-2005, 06:01 AM
This guy crossed the line, he entered into Disney territory. He just made it onto my "People to Shoot in the Face" list. It's a long list.

Yikes, KeithofTerror. No nuclear warheads for you!

ima_mickeyfan
09-07-2005, 06:46 AM
Here we go again. And why can't stars wait in line like everyone else at the same time they are left alone. If I haven't posted here, my family, after waiting over 30 min. for rockets, were in front of line, for next group. Whoopi Goldberg came along with a HUGE entourage of people. She was YELLING at people to stop staring (can't blame her for that part). But why should my family have had to wait another turn while her peeps (without Whoopi) got
and I totally agree with you there...it think they should wait their turn in line like everyone else, their money spends just like ours, but if people could and would leave them alone, maybe they could just do that (stand in line)

ima_mickeyfan
09-07-2005, 06:49 AM
These guys follow me everywhere like vultures. FLASH! FLASH! "Look this way, Opus!" "Opus...one more over here!" It's worse than all those annoying autograph hounds.

you are way to funny!!!

PrincessAmie
09-07-2005, 07:54 AM

LOL I needed that this morning, Thanks :)

It is so scary that the photographers are getting so agressive. They probably didn't mind too much when it was at a distance. I would be mad if someone were snapping pictures in my face too, even if I were standing in line like everybody else. There is no reason for that. I feel bad for the CMs, when did they have to become bodyguards :confused:

KeithOfTerror
09-07-2005, 08:07 AM

No, certainly not. I'm more of a chainsaw and shotgun man myself...

scaeagles
09-07-2005, 08:36 AM
Whoopi Goldberg came along with a HUGE entourage of people. She was YELLING at people to stop staring (can't blame her for that part). But why should my family have had to wait another turn while her peeps (without Whoopi) got

Well, perhaps if they would act like normal people they might be treated like normal people. I'd stare at anyone who simply goes to the front of a line while i've been waiting. She needs to get over herself. Like i tell my kids when they do the whole "she's looking at me" thing - the only way you know that they are looking at you is if you look at them.

I feel for you and the other people in line. Perhaps, though, the staring was a result of "superstar limo" flashbacks and they were going into shock.

Osky
09-07-2005, 08:44 AM
No, certainly not. I'm more of a chainsaw and shotgun man myself...

That reminds me, I need to dig out the Texas chainsaw massacre and watch it again.

Klutch
09-07-2005, 09:07 AM
Many people here are probably too young to remember, but once upon a time, celebrities were much more accessable than they are now.

My dad shared a bottle of whiskey with John Wayne down at the Long Beach Marina. Frank Sinatra bought my dad and his buddies a round of beers in a Palm Springs bar. My brother saw Robert Blake at a motorcycle race, walked up to him, got his autograph and talked with him for awhile. My next door neighbor was a flight attendant and often met celebrities flying in first class. I worked with a guy who used to clean Doris Day's pool and typically saw her while doing so.

Mind you, this was all back in the early 1970's. As long as you were polite and didn't make a scene, you could often come across celebs and chat with them. So what changed? There's a lot of things leading up to today's situation of isolation, but the main incident was John Lennon getting shot. The guy who murdered him had just previously chatted with John and Yoko on the sidewalk near John's home.

There were a few other incidents as well. Remember that the nut who shot Ronald Reagan did so trying to get the attention of Jodi Foster. Then there was a young actress named Rebecca Schaffer who was shot to death at the door of her home by another "fan".

After that, celebrities were terrified of lunatics out to get them. Frankly, I don't blame them. They surrounded themselves with security systems and body guards, started flying on private jets and didn't interact with the public. Unfortunately, this made things worse. As celebrities became less and less accessable, fans clamored more and more to see them. Photographers became more and more aggressive and began violating the old rule that children were "off limits".

Thus, I don't think we should criticize celebs for visiting Disney parks in a special group. Let's face it; if Reese Witherspoon got in line for PoTC with some young children there would be a mele and it's very likely the kids would be hurt physically as well as terrified.

When I was kid, I recall reading about Sean Cassidy attempting to visit Magic Mountain at the height of his "Tiger Beat" popularity. He put on a ball cap and dark glasses, but someone still recognized him. He was mobbed by teen girls who literally pulled his hair out until his scalp was bleeding. Nope, I don't blame these famous folks a bit.

Opus1guy
09-07-2005, 11:17 AM

I assumed he meant "shoot in the face"...with a camera.

;)

KeithOfTerror
09-07-2005, 02:52 PM
No, I meant with a shotgun. Like, right in the eye.

ILoveChurros
09-07-2005, 07:24 PM
I'm not saying that its OK for celebs and their groups to cut in line but...can you just imagine the frenzy if one was waiting in line??? I don't think any person would want to wait in a long line with people taking pics, asking for autographs, yelling things, and so on...I'm sure there are celebs who are humble and would wait in line but choose not to for the sake of Disney security having to control guests who might disturb them or what not, remember they are paying guests as well and they deserve to have fun w/o being bothered. NOW there are some celebs who just demand VIP treatment everywhere...but not all celebs feel they are better than us.