PDA

View Full Version : Block Party Bash goes to only 2 stops, instead of three

Darkbeer
09-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Per the current TIMES Guide, Block Party Bash will no longer stop at the Route 66 area.

This leaves just the Sunshine Plaza and "a bug's land" areas for viewing.

BWthespian
09-06-2005, 02:58 PM
ha the music for that show bugs me lol

blewellen
09-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the information. I love that parade!

ima_mickeyfan
09-06-2005, 03:23 PM
my kids are hoping that they will get a ball from the parade...should we sit at the end of the route for better chances on this?

disney jones
09-06-2005, 04:17 PM
obviously due to dwindling crowds.

when i saw it 2 weeks ago, they made an announcement over the loud speaker that for this particular day (Thurs 8/25), that there would only be two stops that day. then 5 minutes later, they made another announcement - only one stop that day. :( it was a hot day, but i don't think that played into the decision, i'm guessing it was all about low crowds.

we've seen it about 6-7 times now. what was even sadder was the character performers had dwindled too - we watched the Monsters Inc float - Boo didn't even get off the float, and three Monsters characters didn't even parade that day - the orange one with the sock, and two Construction Hat guys didn't even show.

I also didn't see the Tall Stick bug from Bug's Life parade either (but i'd only seen him once before).

This was definitely the most disappointing performance we had seen because i knew what was missing - it's still a great parade but it's sad to see it slip apart. :crying: Once we even watched one float at the first stop, then ran down to see another float at the last stop.

disney jones
09-06-2005, 04:19 PM
my kids are hoping that they will get a ball from the parade...should we sit at the end of the route for better chances on this?just sit near a float and be ready to run at the end of the parade when they are released - the bals are so random, you really can't predict.

sierranevada
09-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Be carefull getting the balls!! I had a woman knock me over a low fence - left a huge bruise - and then the same woman took a ball right out of the hand of my son's friend :mad: My sister confronted her and we got, sorry, I don't speak english!! :confused:

leotatoombs
09-06-2005, 05:03 PM
my kids are hoping that they will get a ball from the parade...should we sit at the end of the route for better chances on this?If you sit or stand towards the back of the audience you have a better chance at getting a BPB nerf ball, near the planters during the first show i've found best. the balls seem to be shot in random patterns so they don't always fall the same way! but a lot of balls fall into the planters! last visit i collected six(out of the planter) & gave them to kids who didn't get one! Although,The employees will not let you climb into the bushes!!! but if you lean over you can still reach a lot of them if you can spot them! Also went to BPB auditions & they said they were only going to have the show 5 days a week instead of seven soon! so I would imagine that a lot of changes will be occuring over the year! just like party gras they changed the show & schedule several times before the year was over!!!
:D

febee114
09-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Be carefull getting the balls!! I had a woman knock me over a low fence - left a huge bruise - and then the same woman took a ball right out of the hand of my son's friend :mad: My sister confronted her and we got, sorry, I don't speak english!! :confused:

oh thats so sad. lol if that women couldn't speak english how could she say that then. lol ;)

SCUBAbe
09-06-2005, 08:05 PM
the first time we missed the balls. It seems greedy children grab as amny as they can....adults also go racing for them. I don't really understand. They are jsut cheap nerf balls. The only other time we saw the parade we just happened to be in the right spot I guess. two balls ended up right near my mother and I. It's amazing how crass people behave whenh free stuff is flying around...LOL

Pooh bear
09-07-2005, 10:36 AM
my kids are hoping that they will get a ball from the parade...should we sit at the end of the route for better chances on this?

I guess we were just lucky when we got our balls.. One of the cast members dancing in the parade asked "Who didnt get a ball?" and then handed both of my Neices a ball.

cstephens
09-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Hmmm, it would have made more sense to me to eliminate the Bug's Land show stop, since it's right next to the Sunshine Plaza show stop. I've thought it was weird to be able to see the prior show stop when I'm sitting outside Bug's Land waiting. At least with Parade of Dreams, you can't really help overlapping because of the length of the parade. Block Party Bash doesn't have that same problem.

gr8onesgir1
09-07-2005, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE=disney jones]obviously due to dwindling crowds.

when i saw it 2 weeks ago, they made an announcement over the loud speaker that for this particular day (Thurs 8/25), that there would only be two stops that day. then 5 minutes later, they made another announcement - only one stop that day. :( it was a hot day, but i don't think that played into the decision, i'm guessing it was all about low crowds.

I remember that day I was working guest control. It was only 1 show stop because of the heat. I believe it was over 94 degrees. You have to remember that these performers dance, jump and do a lot of stuff in 15 minutes. Now imagine having to do that 2 more times in that heat.

TowerofTerror
09-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Well oh well the show is cool but remember it now the off season a t the park so they need to do cut backs

tcsnwhite
09-07-2005, 06:24 PM

Actually, show stops- or party zones- are cut due to heat, NOT crowds. trust me, crowds have nothing to do with it. If it is over 90 degrees, the performers will usually tone done choreograhpy in certain areas of the show. For BPB, they usually just walk the route when the show is traveling, rather than full on out dancing (except for a few performers who can't help themselves =) )

The heat is the main culprit. If it gets even hotter, they will cut another stop, and there is possibility of cutting other things.

The BPB show and routine is tough, and these incredible people perform it in the SoCal heat around 5:00, when it the heat can be its hottest. If you watch them after the first performance, you will see the sweat dripping from them, and then after the second stop, they're drenched. But it's a crazy show, and somebody has got to do it.

as for performers or characters missing, it can be due to several reasons, but I have noticed some of the characters, especially monster or bugs characters missing. don't know what is up with that. they just cast new people last month, so roles that may have been out due to a performer not showing up or quiting should be filled now. someone in the dept might have more info on that.

Wounded Bear
09-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Sounds like a "Code 90" day to me. Bottled water for everybody!!! :D

Vegitabeta
09-08-2005, 04:28 AM
I agree with the heat thing. We were standing at Sunshine Plaza watching BPB in the full glare of the sun. My mam actually left us to go an sit in the shade! I was sat on the ground on a map, which didn't stop me from feeling liky I had sat of a cooker. :p To be honest I was hoping it would finish pretty quickly lol.

And yes, when there are those free balls flying around, I couldn't understand the facination! Small children running for them yes. But there was adults diving for them! Crazy people! :rolleyes:

Gandalf
09-08-2005, 07:47 AM
[QUOTE=tcsnwhite]Actually, show stops- or party zones- are cut due to heat, NOT crowds. trust me, crowds have nothing to do with it. If it is over 90 degrees, the performers will usually tone done choreograhpy in certain areas of the show. For BPB, they usually just walk the route when the show is traveling, rather than full on out dancing (except for a few performers who can't help themselves =) )

The heat is the main culprit. If it gets even hotter, they will cut another stop, and there is possibility of cutting other things. QUOTE]

I was curious if there are different routines for the performers on days where the weather is a factor (heat, cold, etc.). Also not sure if someone has already posted what the floats use as fuel.

Rteneyck
09-08-2005, 08:49 AM
the first time we missed the balls. It seems greedy children grab as amny as they can....adults also go racing for them. I don't really understand. They are jsut cheap nerf balls. The only other time we saw the parade we just happened to be in the right spot I guess. two balls ended up right near my mother and I. It's amazing how crass people behave whenh free stuff is flying around...LOL

Gosh, isn't this the truth. I sware the worst comes out in people when free stuff is out. Some parents are even worse than the kids. With some kids it is understandable, but with the adults there is no excuse! Even if you don't speak english!!!! These adults definately are not setting a good example for the children.

rfaljean
09-08-2005, 08:58 AM
Gosh, isn't this the truth. I sware the worst comes out in people when free stuff is out. Some parents are even worse than the kids. With some kids it is understandable, but with the adults there is no excuse! Even if you don't speak english!!!! These adults definately are not setting a good example for the children.

These are the kinds of guests that can very easily ruin someone's trip.

passthepixiedust
09-08-2005, 11:24 AM

we've seen it about 6-7 times now. what was even sadder was the character performers had dwindled too - we watched the Monsters Inc float - Boo didn't even get off the float, and three Monsters characters didn't even parade that day - the orange one with the sock, and two Construction Hat guys didn't even show.

I also didn't see the Tall Stick bug from Bug's Life parade either (but i'd only seen him once before).

This was definitely the most disappointing performance we had seen because i knew what was missing - it's still a great parade but it's sad to see it slip apart. :crying: Once we even watched one float at the first stop, then ran down to see another float at the last stop.

Wow! You mean it gets better than that ? We were at that very same performance and thought it was the best parade we ever saw ! I guess if you don't know what you're missing.....

My youngest son got one of the balls and my older son (7) REALLY wanted to go back and see the parade again and try to get one. I am not sure of the thrill factor of little nerf balls either, but apparently, if you are a small child, it is indeed very thrilling...I have promised him that if we make it for a May trip and the parade is still running that we'll do our best to get him one.