PDA

View Full Version : Club 33 comp ticket question

Osky
09-06-2005, 01:48 PM
I have a question about the comp tickets for Club 33. (Plus, it has been some time since the last Club 33 thread... :fez:). Because of the generosity of a member, I have reservations for Club 33 next month. I was told that the comp tickets will be waiting that day at will call. I understand that if you use them and don't eat there, the member will be charged and the club definitely frowns upon this. However, is there any penalty to accepting the tickets and not using them (we all have annual passes) but just keeping them as souvenirs? We definitely will not miss our reservation! I can't think of any way this would be a problem, but I thought I would ask as I don't want anything to reflect negatively on the member.

rfaljean
09-06-2005, 02:12 PM
We've given our comp tickets to someone else, but kept our reservations for lunch (of course). We weren't questioned or anything. I don't think they'd even know whether or not you used the comp tix.

Opus1guy
09-06-2005, 02:47 PM
However, is there any penalty to accepting the tickets and not using them (we all have annual passes) but just keeping them as souvenirs?

No penalty for keeping them unused, as long as you dine at the Club as pledged.

However...the Club is "charged" by Disneyland for each ticket issued, so folks with Silver Passes or Main Gate Passes are often encouraged to not pick up their comps, in order to help keep Club costs down and perhaps menu prices and Annual Dues down too, as a result.

But I wouldn't worry too much about that if I were you. That's just internal stuff that the average Guest wouldn't even be privy to.

Osky
09-06-2005, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the responses. Good to hear. It is going to go in my photo album with the pictures.

Opus1guy
09-06-2005, 03:03 PM
You can use them as an extra form of qualifying admission media to get extra Fastpasses issued, you know?

:)

PrincessAmie
09-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Lucky you!!! :) Have fun.

Osky
09-06-2005, 03:10 PM
You can use them as an extra form of qualifying admission media to get extra Fastpasses issued, you know?

:)

True, but then I will be booed on MP as an unethical user of the FP system. Oh well, in the last week I have been told on these boards that A) I lack common sense, B) I am a careless parent, and C) conservatives, such as myself, do not care about helping people. Yeah, I guess we can add another notch to that belt! :fez:

Osky
09-06-2005, 03:10 PM
Lucky you!!! :) Have fun.

Thanks. I will be sure to include pictures and a write-up.

stan4d_steph
09-06-2005, 03:44 PM

:)Do they work differently than other ticket media? Unless you use them to enter the park, you can't use the ticket media for a FastPass.

Opus1guy
09-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Do they work differently than other ticket media? Unless you use them to enter the park, you can't use the ticket media for a FastPass.

They work no differently. I didn't know that you had to actually "activate" a comp "valid today only" admission ticket by entering the park with it, in order for it to be used in Fastpass machines. I guess that makes sense though.

But if you were to reenter the park on the unused comp ticket...you still have it right? I mean...it doesn't mark the ticket or punch it or anything that makes it no longer collectible or anything like that, does it?

So the APs could enter the park on their APs, immediately leave and come back in on their comp tickets, right?

Would be fun to try the enter with the same Cast Member and give them a creepy Deja Vu moment. "Didn't you all just enter here a few moments ago on APs?" "Nope...wasn't us." ;)

adriennek
09-06-2005, 06:43 PM
I know that in recent times, I've been asked "how many in your party NEED comp'd tickets" Which Opus1's description explains. But the first time we went (7 years ago) no one asked us and we were just given our comp'd tickets.

We were APs so, sure enough, ours is in my photo album :)

Adrienne