PDA

View Full Version : Entrance off Katella?

AlbertaMinnie
09-06-2005, 10:53 AM
My brother in law is taking his family to DLR in November and they are staying at the Annabella Hotel by the Convention Center on Katella. What is the quickest way for them to get into the parks each day? Is there walking entrance for them to use off Katella or do they have to walk all the way around to the main gates? (I haven't stayed on Katella since DCA was built - I now stick to the hotels off Harbour.) They have hopper passes so if they went through DCA and then into DL that wouldn't be a big deal.

Thanks for your help!

stan4d_steph
09-06-2005, 11:14 AM
They can walk through the Timon parking lot on Katella to get to the Esplanade area. There is a path through the parking area. They also can catch the parking tram from there to take them the rest of the way around if they want. :)

AlbertaMinnie
09-08-2005, 08:15 AM
Thank you! I've let them know, and sent them the link to a map. I want their experience to be as positive as mine always are!

Malcon10t
09-08-2005, 08:51 AM
My brother in law is taking his family to DLR in November and they are staying at the Annabella Hotel by the Convention Center on Katella. What is the quickest way for them to get into the parks each day? Is there walking entrance for them to use off Katella or do they have to walk all the way around to the main gates? (I haven't stayed on Katella since DCA was built - I now stick to the hotels off Harbour.) They have hopper passes so if they went through DCA and then into DL that wouldn't be a big deal.

Thanks for your help!
There are a couple ways from the Anabella. One is to cross the street, head east on Katella, across from the convention center is the entrance into the Timon lot. Trams don't run all the time there. Second one is to cross the street and continue up Disneyland Way to the GCH and follow the signs and it will put you out in DTD near Libby Lu. Its maybe a 10-15 min walk. We generally went this way when we stayed at the Anabella.

got2travel
09-08-2005, 11:58 AM
We've stayed at the Anabella twice and I still can't decide which is the better walk. It usually depends on what we plan on doing when we get there. Many times in the morning, we chose to cut through the Grand Californian and grab something from Whitewater Snacks since there is no breakfast offered at the Anabella.

When heading back, we would sometimes catch the Monorail then walk down Disney Way to Katella.