PDA

View Full Version : Ontario International Airport

jrsharp21
09-06-2005, 07:49 AM
Is there a bus/shuttle that takes you from the Ontario Aiport to Disneyland/S. Harbor area?

OregonGary
09-06-2005, 08:23 AM
When I fly to DL I always look for the cheapest compination of air and shuttle cost, and Ontario is one of the airports I look at. Based upon their web sites, it is serviced by both Super Shuttle, on the web at supershuttle.com and by xpress shuttle, on the web at xpressshuttle.com. Each has a little different pricing structure. However, I usually end up flying into John Wayne, and have only flown into Ontario once and had to wait for the shuttle ( Super Shuttle ).

jrsharp21
09-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Whoa...$39 for the first person and then $9 per additional person. Sounds like it is cheaper to just rent a car.

DaddyB
09-06-2005, 12:26 PM
Ontario airport is almost as convenient to Disneyland as LAX is... meaning that it's not very close, or convenient at all. However it is an extremely easy airport to get in and out of once you get to the general location (getting off the I10) of the airport.

$39 + 9 per person doesn't sound all that unreasonable given the traffic and hassle of getting to Disneyland from there (plus you're not paying $3+ per gallon for gas).

jrsharp21
09-06-2005, 02:06 PM
I was able to find a full size rental car for $21.95 a day. We have 7 people in our party. So we are getting two cars. I figure even at three full days that is cheaper than the shuttle would be.

39 + (9*6) = $93 each way..So that would $186 roundtrip for the shuttle.

21.95 x 3 days = 65.85...for two cars it would be around $131.70.

We aren't planning to drive around besides to and from the airport so hopefully we wont use a ton of gas.

Malcon10t
09-06-2005, 02:24 PM
I was able to find a full size rental car for $21.95 a day. We have 7 people in our party. So we are getting two cars. I figure even at three full days that is cheaper than the shuttle would be.

39 + (9*6) = $93 each way..So that would $186 roundtrip for the shuttle.

21.95 x 3 days = 65.85...for two cars it would be around $131.70.

We aren't planning to drive around besides to and from the airport so hopefully we wont use a ton of gas.We generally do a limo for about $80 each way. Don't forget, many hotels charge for parking.

Opus1guy
09-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Can't advise on ground transport, but you may notice a huge Disney presence at ONT (at Terminal 2 at least). They seem almost like the Official Airport of Disneyland's 50th Celebration. There are banners and signs everywhere, and even when you walk through the Terminal you'll hear snippets of attraction soundtracks and even just some Disneyland background sounds, over the Public Address system. It's pretty neat.

It's kinda strange walking through a big modern airport terminal like that, and hearing the sounds of the Mark Twain's steam whistle, or the clang-clang and sounds of the Disneyland Railroad pulling into it's station.

:)

jrsharp21
09-06-2005, 04:39 PM
We generally do a limo for about $80 each way. Don't forget, many hotels charge for parking.

That is not a bad idea. We have 7 people in our party, and of course my wife packs WAY more than she should for a three day trip. Is the limo big enough for 7 people and all the luggage?

Any suggestions on a limo company?

sierranevada
09-06-2005, 04:43 PM
That is not a bad idea. We have 7 people in our party, and of course my wife packs WAY more than she should for a three day trip. Is the limo big enough for 7 people and all the luggage?

Any suggestions on a limo company?

We took a limo from ONT with 9 people and luggage - it was tight and we obviously had luggage in the passenger area - but doable. I get quotes from limos.com. And it was cheaper than the 9 of us taking the shuttle.

sierranevada
09-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Anybody have any idea for the taxi fare is from ONT to DLR?

ae's mom
09-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Taxi was about $90 - $95 each way including tip. We requested a taxi van, there were 5 of us plus luggage (1 bag each). We called ahead of time to get a price quote (taxi fare is regulated) and they arrived when we told them to...not the other way around!

AlohaJulie
09-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Ontario airport is almost as convenient to Disneyland as LAX is... meaning that it's not very close, or convenient at all.

My parents live in Ontario and I regularly drive from there to DLR. It's about 25 minutes away with very little traffic.

adriennek
09-06-2005, 07:20 PM
We love Ontario Airport. My husband always flies out of Ontario when he flies for business trips. It is a very nice little airport!

Adrienne

jrsharp21
09-07-2005, 06:47 AM
We took a limo from ONT with 9 people and luggage - it was tight and we obviously had luggage in the passenger area - but doable. I get quotes from limos.com. And it was cheaper than the 9 of us taking the shuttle.

Just tried to get a quote on limos.com for ONT and I didn't see that airport as being available for limo service.

sierranevada
09-07-2005, 07:37 AM
Just tried to get a quote on limos.com for ONT and I didn't see that airport as being available for limo service.

How strange - ONT is no longer listed and we just went in July :confused: Another quote service I use is limozip.com. I just looked up the company we used - it was ulclimos.com - phone is 888-766-7433.