PDA

View Full Version : Arestravel.com and hotel availability

jrsharp21
09-06-2005, 06:42 AM
Has anyone ever used Arestravel.com to book hotels?

There is one hotel that I am looking to book for our trip but it is sold out on all the major travel websites (expedia, travelocity, orbitz, hotels.com, etc). When looking at Ares Travel it says they have the three rooms that I need for that weekend. I am kind of afraid to book the rooms since the others say it is sold out. Any thoughts or info on this?

Rteneyck
09-06-2005, 12:21 PM
they may have a block space of rooms and may have some left after the other major travel websites sold out. I have not used Arestravel personally though. Have you tried calling the hotel directly?

jrsharp21
09-06-2005, 02:09 PM
they may have a block space of rooms and may have some left after the other major travel websites sold out. I have not used Arestravel personally though. Have you tried calling the hotel directly?

I haven't called the hotel directly. I tried their own website and it was sold out too.

But I figured that they may have a block of rooms that they have not sold yet. I read somewhere that each company (Expedia, Travelocity, etc.) reserves/buys a block of rooms and when they are sold out, that is when their website says sold out but the hotel may have rooms still.