PDA

View Full Version : 18th Bday trip!

RemainSeatedPlease
09-05-2005, 10:40 PM
We are headed to Disneyland for my 18th bday! On the weekend of Sept.29-Oct.2nd. We are staying at the Californian(yay!) and we are bringing along my best friend. It will be super fun, I so can't wait! So any new good bday hints..we are thinking of watching fantasmic from the balcony as a treat, so that will be cool. :D I really can't wait! A whole month of school stands between me and my dland trip!!

Opus1guy
09-05-2005, 10:44 PM
A whole month of school stands between me and my dland trip!!

Hope it goes by F A S T for you!

Leslie21
09-05-2005, 10:57 PM
I went to Disney for my 18th too!! I have no major hints or anything but get the birthday sticker... its always fun to get shout-outs from the cast members, and I got a free dessert @ the Blue Bayou (the singing was kind of embarrassing :p ) but overall, I hope you have lots of fun!!! I had so much fun I'm going back for my 20th this November :)

RemainSeatedPlease
09-05-2005, 11:37 PM
Hope it goes by F A S T for you!
Me too!

cstephens
09-06-2005, 11:08 AM
We are headed to Disneyland for my 18th bday! On the weekend of Sept.29-Oct.2nd. We are staying at the Californian(yay!) and we are bringing along my best friend. It will be super fun, I so can't wait! So any new good bday hints..we are thinking of watching fantasmic from the balcony as a treat, so that will be cool. :D I really can't wait! A whole month of school stands between me and my dland trip!!

I have a birthday page posted (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html) that you might find useful.

potcfan
09-06-2005, 11:56 AM
As you are staying at the Grand you can get a birthday button as opposed to a sticker, balloons and a signed photo of your favorite character. We celebrated my daughter's 11th birthday there last December. We picked the goodies up at check-in, but I have heard other people say they were delivered to their room.
I hope you have a wonderful birthday.

Clotho
09-07-2005, 10:25 AM
I haved celebrated many birthdays there, and I will be celebrating this year as well...that same weekend as you! Though I am a bit older (29 again! Whee!), the same rules apply.

Definitely get the birthday button/sticker. Do not turn anything down, no matter how "embarrassing" it may seem at the time. it creates amazingly fun memories that will keep you giggling for years to come. When we celebrated my brother's 30th birthday there a couple years back, for instance, they asked him if he wanted to sit at the front of the Jungle Cruise boat. Then the CM kept working my brother into his schpeel throughout the trip, making him and all of us laugh so hard the entire time.

Have a great trip, fellow birthday girl!

Clotho
09-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Oh, one more thing.

I woulld recommend using your button or sticker twice if you can, if you are going one day to Disneyland and another to California Adventure. When I went to WDW last year for my birthday, I wanted to see how birthdays were celebrated at each park, and I am a button collector so I got a button from each to take home with me. I am glad I did. Our fourth day there, we went to Animal Kingdom, and I got the BEST birthday greeting there ever! At Pizzafari, the entire staff signed a certificate personally, and then they all came out, even the cooks!, to sing me happy birthday. This sea of, like, 25 people all singing to me, with big grins on theri faces. They were the BEST, and a great memory!

So don't be shy. Disney wants you to celebrate your birthday in the most memorable way. As long as every trip to Disney you don't "pretend" it's your birthday (kinda ruins the specialness of it anyway), I think an extra day or so to make sure you get to celebrate your birthday in every inch of the park of both parks is not only fine but a lot of fun!

potcfan
09-07-2005, 11:56 AM
My daughter proudly wore her birthday button for the whole time we were at Disneyland.

TowerofTerror
09-07-2005, 12:03 PM
that so cool.I wear my birthday sticker when I'm there on my birthday too